Daredevil Returns To New York This July!

Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is gearing up for the return of Daredevil who will be making a comeback with the release of Daredevil #1, set to hit stores on July 20th. Marvel hosted a live blog earlier today featuring the series' new writer, Mark Waid, who had plenty to say about how he will be breathing new life to the character in an exciting new way. As with all the Marvel live blogs, the questions were heavily moderated (none of our questions were answered).

However what we did get was a little bit of perspective on what Waid will be delivering in this new series in addition to some absolutely breathtaking interior and cover art from artists Marcos Martin and Paolo Rivera.

== TEASER ==

We already know that Daredevil will not only be returning to his self titled series, but he'll also be appearing on the New Avengers roster starting this fall written by Brian Michael Bendis. Waid also hinted that we may be seeing other characters appear in the series, a notion which is reinforced with the appearance of Captain America on the cover to the series' second issue.

One of the most exciting things to come out of the Marvel live blog (aside from the phenomenal art work) are Waid's plans to introduce a whole slew of different villains that will be going up against Murdock in this brand new series.

"Dakota North is out there," said Waid, "We have a new Assistant District Attorney who I love. As far as the villains go, I think we've played out ninjas and the Kingpin plenty for the time being. Let's start mixing it up with villains that we're not used to seeing in Daredevil."

With the possibility of new villains being introduced in Daredevil's new series, how can you help but be excited! Are you looking forward to the relaunch of the Daredevil series and do you plan on picking it up? Check out the awesome new images revealed in the live blog today and let us know what you think of the upcoming book written by Mark Waid with art from Marcos Martin and Paolo Rivera!

Source Marvel

#1 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

And it's official. I'm picking this up. 

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked the character of Daredevil, but I've honestly never read much comics starring him.  Guess I better start right here...  ;)

#3 Posted by spider-man 2996 (659 posts) - - Show Bio

I am edging closer and closer to picking this up. I hope I can afford it.
#4 Posted by Surrender Monkey (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil vs. Klaw would be great. 

#5 Posted by brendon277 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I know i'll probably sound stupid lol but will it follow up to what happened in shadowland or are they rebooting it?

#6 Posted by shawn87 (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

I fell good about the series with Mark Waid writing it

#7 Posted by The Mast (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering I own all 513 of his other issues, I was getting this anyway. Can we just fast forward to him getting his numbering back and Black Panther being shoved into his own comic?

I trust Waid, but I don't like some of the things he says. WE haven't seen the "ninja thing" or the "Kingpin thing" played out. Use them sparingly if you want, but to cut them out? Lame.

Also, he should know that nobody really cared about Daredevil until Miller introduced all that and turned the series on its head. I don't want to see Daredevil as the corny-ass swashbuckling hero. I appreciate that era of his career, but that just hearkens back to mostly aged writing.

If he starts fighting Man-Bull and Gladiator again I'll be fairly pissed. If the ninja thing is played, isn't the Klaw thing played? We've been there and done that.

I'm curious, but he's obviously aiming for people who don't know Daredevil that well. If he treads old groud and just rehashes stuff, I'll know. So will a lot of fans like me. I've followed Daredevil since I was six, I hope they don't mess this up.

I'd feel more confident if he wasn't crammed needlessly into The New Avengers. WORST idea for Daredevil. I don't wanna be THAT guy, but Marvel ought to know better.

-The Mast

#8 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

This series would look great in trade. Hopefully it puts back to the daredevil I love. Not that mystical, demon shadowland crap

#9 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been updated with images from the first issue and the covers to issues 1-4!

#10 Posted by Mumbles (843 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAH BOI!!!!!

#11 Posted by the_fallen11 (635 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with The Mast, DD didnt become interesting until the idea of Kingpin and Ninjas were intoduced into the mythos...taking a break maybe okay but to ignore them altogether is just wrong.

#12 Posted by Icon (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Weclome back DD! I'm not crazy about the Martin art but I love Waid as a writer. This should be good.

@brendon277: It is not a reboot. It follows everything that has happened with DD before.

#13 Posted by nnotdead (78 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm getting this for sure.

#14 Posted by Roman (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes DD is back baby.

#15 Posted by lapis2 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Old school DD fan from the Miller era and then again in the J.R. Jr. era.  I might have to start reading DD again.  Love the art.  Is that a Neal Adams cover in there? Pretty sure it is and it awesome!

#16 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

Good !! I don't want Daredevil in Avengers but I want Daredevil in his own title!!
Comic art it's like 80's. I really like this!!! And Mark Waid writes!!! I want to read this!!

GOOD NEWS!!! (but quit Daredevil from Avengers!!! :p )

#17 Posted by JonesDeini (3501 posts) - - Show Bio

Love me some mark Waid, Love me some DD...yet I'm not 100% sold on this. Shadowland just hurt me so badly...

#18 Posted by BenReilly (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil vs. Klaw would be terrible. ;)

#19 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

The artwork by Marcos Martin is great. I wish nothing but success for this book.

#20 Posted by jubilee042 (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

is that elektra the black hair chick

#21 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

And now I want it.

#22 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7964 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoyed DD last year but it's just to soon for me.

#23 Posted by fanbla72 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm still reading through my lot of the last volume of Daredevil, issue 94 of the Brubaker run and it is some of the best superhero stuff i've ever read.  Daredevil is the epitome of tragedy and the drama just flows naturally out of the character (unlike some of our more "whiny" NY heroes with their contrived life problems).

with Mark Waid on board this will be a blockbuster.

a must have.

#24 Posted by shawn87 (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

The artwork could still use some improvements. I like some of it but not all

#25 Posted by brendon277 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon: Oh then I'ma try to get it it would be like the first comic i had for like 3 or 4 months i don't know why i stopped
#26 Posted by Jeffmoocow (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadowland kind of soured me on Daredevil but I love Waid so I might just have to pick this up.

#27 Posted by IrishX (2468 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mast said:
Considering I own all 513 of his other issues
Why does if feel like you say this each time you post? 

Anyway, It's just good to have DD back in his own monthly series again.
#28 Posted by Mercy_ (91880 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be picking this up.

#29 Posted by Zaber (258 posts) - - Show Bio

wow

#30 Posted by The Mast (785 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
@The Mast said:
Considering I own all 513 of his other issues
Why does if feel like you say this each time you post?  Anyway, It's just good to have DD back in his own monthly series again.
Because it's a matter of credibility.

When Tony speaks about Spider-Man, I'm more inclined to listen than if it's anyone else. When Babs speaks about Batgirl or Wonder Woman, I'm more inclined to listen.

-The Mast
#31 Posted by IrishX (2468 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mast said:
Just because you say that doesn't mean it's true. It's also just lame to keep repeating it. Basically what I'm saying is that in your posting people will be able to tell if your opinion is "credible" without you having to list your credentials each and every time. 

- Never understood why people feel the need to put their username after each post (makes me laugh every time)
#32 Posted by The Mast (785 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
@The Mast said:
Just because you say that doesn't mean it's true. It's also just lame to keep repeating it. Basically what I'm saying is that in your posting people will be able to tell if your opinion is "credible" without you having to list your credentials each and every time.  - Never understood why people feel the need to put their username after each post (makes me laugh every time)
If I have to take a picture of myself with my Daredevil #1 then I will. It's never come to that, though.

I get what you're saying, and I do let my posts speak for themselves, but that's just how I post. Glad I could provide amusement by signing my name. Unless it's giving you cancer then I see no point in complaining about it.

-The Mast
#33 Edited by IrishX (2468 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mast: It's no problem really. Keep doing your thing. No matter what you're a fan of DD obviously so that makes you cool in my book.
#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait. I adore DD and Mark Waid. A dream come true ^_^

#35 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be awesome. My favorite writer and my favorite character :) 

Thanks for doing something epic Marvel :)

#36 Posted by GreenArrow789 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this a ton of potential, but here's my question will the Black Panther continue his role as Protector of Hell's Kitchen?

#37 Posted by sa5m (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the art =)

#38 Posted by bjmorga (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to this! Shadowland and Reborn were just abysmal. I think Waid has some good ideas for the character.

#39 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5490 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to pick up that first issue in the morning XD 

#40 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#41 Posted by Krakoa (505 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
And it's official. I'm picking this up. 
So pumped for this.
#42 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

FINALLY!
And looking great! :D

#43 Posted by Gregomasta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, he can hear that booty on the black chick.

#44 Posted by BransonHuggins (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I am actually NOT looking forward to this at all.  What was once an amazing character has been ruined by a idiotic demon story, and now this.  A return to the status quo.  Come on.  Let the character grow.  Don't stick him in the same crap over and over and over again.  After all that was done to make this character what he is, they are just going to throw it away and revert back to the same old crap again.  I for one, will not be reading this.

#45 Posted by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gregomasta said:
Damn, he can hear that booty on the black chick.
yes sir

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.