Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil Reboot: Who should be the villain?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

With Fox rebooting everything these days, DD is on the top of their list. We've already seen Bullseye and Kingpin, but who should be the villain in a DD reboot?

I think it should either be Mr. Fear or a revamped Purple Man

Edit: Oops, can a mod please move this to the DD forum?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

I think Kingpin should be in it but as a background villain pulling the strings and shouldn't be brought to light till the end but Daredevil shouldn't confront him until the sequel, as for who'd fight in the first, possibly the Owl or Typhoid Mary

Avatar image for colt_python_xvii
    Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Colt Python XVII

I would like to See Typhoid Mary or Mr.Fear.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

Yeah, Kingpin should at least be pulling the strings. Would you revamp the Owl or keep him as is?
    Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

That's a problem for DD...his rouges list, is among the WORST array of lame assess, the Comic world has ever been punished with. Love DD, and personally, I liked the 1st film, but putting Kingpin (actually Spider-Mans' enemy, and why he's great)  Bullseye, and Elektra, all together in the first film ...was a major F#$% up!!!!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    "That's a problem for DD...his rouges list, is among the WORST array of lame assess, the Comic world has ever been punished with. Love DD, and personally, I liked the 1st film, but putting Kingpin (actually Spider-Mans' enemy, and why he's great)  Bullseye, and Elektra, all together in the first film ...was a major F#$% up!!!! "

That's why I think they should revamp some of his wierder villains like Purple Man and the Owl
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Gambit1024: The Owl does need some work Unfortunately almost all of Daredevil's good villains are hand me downs from spiderman
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mumbles

they'll pull a Superman, and cast bullseye again

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    "That's a problem for DD...his rouges list, is among the WORST array of lame assess, the Comic world has ever been punished with. Love DD, and personally, I liked the 1st film, but putting Kingpin (actually Spider-Mans' enemy, and why he's great)  Bullseye, and Elektra, all together in the first film ...was a major F#$% up!!!! "
    That's why I think they should revamp some of his wierder villains like Purple Man and the Owl "
    Perhaps, MAYBE  Mr.Fear, or Purple Man...but they'd have to make either, pretty farking twisted to work at all....and I don't know if Marvel will sacrifice audience for such a possibility.
    digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By digimod

Fox rebooting?

Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Colt Python XVII
    @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    " That's a problem for DD...his rouges list, is among the WORST array of lame assess, the Comic world has ever been punished with. Love DD, and personally, I liked the 1st film, but putting Kingpin (actually Spider-Mans' enemy, and why he's great)  Bullseye, and Elektra, all together in the first film ...was a major F#$% up!!!! "
    Who unbanned Mr.Ubiquitous?
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    " @Gambit1024 said:
    " @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    That's why I think they should revamp some of his wierder villains like Purple Man and the Owl "
    Perhaps, MAYBE  Mr.Fear, or Purple Man...but they'd have to make either, pretty farking twisted to work at all....and I don't know if Marvel will sacrifice audience for such a possibility. "
    Hey if WB got away with doing a crazy Joker in TDK, I think Fox can do the same with any DD villain. And Mr. Fear is pretty twisted already. Did you read his latest fight with DD?
    Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Colt Python XVII
    @Gambit1024 said:
     Did you read his latest fight with DD? "
    He got owned.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By ReverseNegative

Kingpin should just be a background character while others like Bullseye and Typhoid Mary are more focused on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mumbles.....well that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as Bullseye is Daredevil's arch-nemesis in the same vein as Green Goblin being Spider-Man's.

However, I think the villain has to hinge on what the script will be going for. If they want to bring Karen Page (not as a wife but as Matt and Foggy's secretary whose in love with both Matt and DD) into the reboot than bringing in Bullseye to kill her would be appropriate.

One person they should not bring in is Elektra as an origin story needs to focus too much on DD to worry about focusing on the background and motivations of another lead character.

Given how Marvel's projects have had multiple villains and/or organizations in them (Iron Man had the Ten Rings and Stane, Iron Man 2 had Hammer and Whiplash, Spider-Man will have Lizard and possibly Proto-Goblin, Thor will have Loki and the Destroyer, Captain America will have Red Skull and Hydra) than I think a better approach to take with the DD reboot is to have multiple villains revamped to the big screen. All of these villains would be a team put together by Kingpin (who I'd prefer was never shown in the reboot to keep that bit of casting mystery for a sequel) to kill DD after Matt (in both his job as a lawyer and as DD) starts to break the Kingpin's hold on Hell's Kitchen. This would basically be a new version of the Enforcers.

So for this team line-up I'd have:

1. Bullseye -> the de facto leader and the only one we actually go into a bit of detail about and gets the majority of screen time and lines. Sets up the deadly rivalry with DD by killing Karen Page.

2. Ox

3. Owl -> an assassin whose signature of attack is to jump down and impale his victims using his talon claws. He is also a cannibal and has a habit of eating parts of his victims.

4. Purple Man -> Instead of actually being purple and secreting the controlling chemicals from his body, Killgrave has a compound he injects into them that allows him to take complete control. Those under the influence of the compound always see Killgrave as an alien figure, or a "purple man". He generally uses his compound to set up distractions, have other people do jobs for him or to gain information. After learning that Karen Page and DD are an item, Killgrave uses his compound to try and get Karen to kill DD. When she fails Bullseye kills her.

I think using a villain team like this would allow the writers to showcase just how desperate and generally hopeless/dark Daredevils life is compared to other heroes, much like Frank Miller's run did. This would push DD to the extreme, cause him both physical and mental distress and help to shape his character for later sequels (if any). If no later sequels we still get an awesome movie about a hero being pushed to the breaking point and still coming out on top.

I'd save Typhooid Mary for the sequel because than you can spend the entire movie going through her mystery since Matt's origins will be complete and it would make for a cool second story where Matt is dealing with the three personalities, one of which he loves, and not realizing its the same woman for most of it.

Then in the third movie you can bring in Elektra and the Hand, again giving DD a love interest (which he always seems to have despite his darker stories) with a twist and giving him a large group rather than individual villains to battle.    

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous
    @Colt Python XVII said:
    " @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    " That's a problem for DD...his rouges list, is among the WORST array of lame assess, the Comic world has ever been punished with. Love DD, and personally, I liked the 1st film, but putting Kingpin (actually Spider-Mans' enemy, and why he's great)  Bullseye, and Elektra, all together in the first film ...was a major F#$% up!!!! "
    Who unbanned Mr.Ubiquitous? "
    I was banned? REALLY? for reals? For what? I can't think of a single legi-TO-mite reason for why I would be so? personal bias aside that is...I guess i'm a luv em' or leave em' kind of dude
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Nuke.
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

hmmm, i actually don't know much about Daredevil, maybe the Hand? or Tombstone? (or is he a spidey villain??)

Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Colt Python XVII
    @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    " @Colt Python XVII said:
    " @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    I was banned? REALLY? for reals? For what? I can't think of a single legi-TO-mite reason for why I would be so? personal bias aside that is...I guess i'm a luv em' or leave em' kind of dude "
    For trolling.
    Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous
    @Colt Python XVII said:
    " @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    " @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    I was banned? REALLY? for reals? For what? I can't think of a single legi-TO-mite reason for why I would be so? personal bias aside that is...I guess i'm a luv em' or leave em' kind of dude "
    For trolling. "
    Guess not....but now who's "trolling' ????...hmmmmmmmmm
    Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Colt Python XVII
    @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    " @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    " @Mr. Ubiquitous said:
    For trolling. "
    Guess not....but now who's "trolling' ????...hmmmmmmmmm "
    I'm not.I simply asked a question.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Colt Python XVII said:
    " @Gambit1024 said:
    He got owned.

"
    Yeah after making Milla insane
    Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Colt Python XVII
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " @Gambit1024 said:
    He got owned.

"
    Yeah after making Milla insane "
    Milla is a civilian.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By Kairan1979

I'd like to see Kingpin as a manipulator, pulling the strings and slowly eliminating the competition.

ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReverseNegative

I think we can all hopefully rule him out:

Stilt Man
    Stilt Man

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Colt Python XVII said:
    " @Gambit1024 said:
    " @Gambit1024 said:
    He got owned.

"
    Yeah after making Milla insane "
    Milla is a civilian. "
    Your point?
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Kairan1979 said:
    " I'd like to see Kingpin as a manipulator, pulling the strings and slowly eliminating the competition. "
    Yeah, people always tend to forget that not ALL costumed heroes have to fight costumed villains. Him and Batman are both more gang-driven. It's what I've always liked about them.
    Radread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Radread

I'm hoping we see some action between Insomnia and the return of Mr. Fear.
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jayskee

bullseye or mister fear

Mellosassymel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mellosassymel

I think they should have Purple Man as his villain. I would love if thet adapted Daredevil:Yellow

stuamerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By stuamerica

Gladiator would be cool if done right
    Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Tigerstriper

I don't know about being the main villain, but I'd like to see Gladiator.

pewsplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pewsplosions

If it were to be a complete reboot, I like the idea of having the kingpin be more of a background figure this time. Lady Bullseye would be fun and different from the first movie as well as TONS of The Hand involvement. To the point even where DD needs help in the form of... Cage, Iron Fist, or Gladiator or somebody like that would be awesome.

If it were to be a semi-reboot(i.e. incredible hulk) where the story could be either independent of or, without direct relation, a continence of the first, I think doing the Owl on a kind of sub level nuisance while the ultimate plot be unfolded into a greater confrontation with Purple Man could work really well. Again bringing in Luke Cage here would be pretty awesome I think.

Though when it comes down to it I wouldn't be surprised if it was all too similar to the first with Kingpin and Bullseye. Perhaps even Elektra because lets face it...Bullseye stabbing Elektra(ya...a scene not involving DD himself) is probably still the most defining moment in Daredevil history.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#34  Edited By TheCannon

Kingpin, Bullseye, and maybe Stilt Man.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mega_spidey01

purple man, bullseye. who's life is darker and gritty either batman or Daredevil ?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#36  Edited By TheCannon

@TheCannon said:

Kingpin, Bullseye, and maybe Stilt Man.

This.

Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By CaptainCockblock
    No Caption Provided
    Zompirewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zompirewolf

Karen Page should be the love interest.

Foggy Nelson will be the friend.

Elektra will be the catwoman-esque anti-hero.

Bullseye and the Owl will be the villains.

End.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.