Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil Reboot Ideas

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Edited By TheMess1428

So I have been reading the new Daredevil series and I started to notice what I can't believe I didn't notice before. Ben Affleck looks nothing like Matt Murdock! So I started thinking of actors who could pull off playing Matt Murdock with his looks, physique, and attitude and I thought maybe Ryan Gosling with dyed red hair. What do you guys think?

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By spiderpool94

If he wasn't Batman; Christian Bale. But as he is Batman, Josh Hartnett (Black Hawk Down, Sin City, Bunraku)

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Chris Evans

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMess1428

@spiderpool94 said:

If he wasn't Batman; Christian Bale. But as he is Batman, Josh Hartnett (Black Hawk Down, Sin City, Bunraku)

@Duke_Nasty said:

Chris Evans

The point was to make the new actor to look just like Matt Murdock to make us believe it is the comic book coming to life. Like Andrew Garfield actually looks like Peter Parker. Chris Hemsworth actually looks like Thor. So Christian Bale and Chris Evans, I don't think could look like Matt Murdock. Maybe Josh Hartnett if he grew out and dyed his hair. I still prefer Ryan Gosling for right now.

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spiderpool94

@TheMess1428 said:

@spiderpool94 said:

@Duke_Nasty said:

Chris Evans

The point was to make the new actor to look just like Matt Murdock to make us believe it is the comic book coming to life. Like Andrew Garfield actually looks like Peter Parker. Chris Hemsworth actually looks like Thor. So Christian Bale and Chris Evans, I don't think could look like Matt Murdock. Maybe Josh Hartnett if he grew out and dyed his hair. I still prefer Ryan Gosling for right now.

It's a fair point. Don't really know Ryan Gosling as an actor very well, but from what i know he'd be pretty good DD.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMess1428

@spiderpool94 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@spiderpool94 said:

@Duke_Nasty said:

Chris Evans

It's a fair point. Don't really know Ryan Gosling as an actor very well, but from what i know he'd be pretty good DD.

Also, I apologize to both you and @Duke_Nasty if I sounded like an asshole when I replied to you but yes I was trying to prove a point that I think the actor should be at least an attempt at actually looking like the character. I first got introduced to Ryan Gosling when he was in YOUNG HERCULES and REMEMBER THE TITANS. I know he is becoming more of an action star since he played in DRIVE and he can be emotional from THE NOTEBOOK. I just think that I know if we put sunglasses on him, make him grow out his hair a little, and then dye it red (it's easier with blondes rather than brunettes for dying other than natural redheads), he could definitely look like him. And as for the acting, I'm sure nobody can reject him in that case.

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spiderpool94

@TheMess1428 said:

@spiderpool94 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@spiderpool94 said:

@Duke_Nasty said:

Chris Evans

Also, I apologize to both you and @Duke_Nasty if I sounded like an asshole when I replied to you but yes I was trying to prove a point that I think the actor should be at least an attempt at actually looking like the character. I first got introduced to Ryan Gosling when he was in YOUNG HERCULES and REMEMBER THE TITANS. I know he is becoming more of an action star since he played in DRIVE and he can be emotional from THE NOTEBOOK. I just think that I know if we put sunglasses on him, make him grow out his hair a little, and then dye it red (it's easier with blondes rather than brunettes for dying other than natural redheads), he could definitely look like him. And as for the acting, I'm sure nobody can reject him in that case.

Dw, you didn't sound like an ass hole. you're entitled to disagree with what we say y'know :)

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@TheMess1428: No problem, my comment was a joke.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheMess1428

@spiderpool94: Well it wasn't that I disagreed with you but how I said it. But yeah.

Joesoef95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joesoef95

Watch the movie Drive. Gosling's the perfect Murdock!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By daredevil21134

I'll play as Daredevil

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

Ryan Reynolds! ;p

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#12  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Chaos Burn

Guy Pearce when he was younger

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By CaptainCockblock

@Chaos Burn said:

Guy Pearce when he was younger

No Caption Provided

Agreed.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By CrimsonCake

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

That could actually work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.