Daredevil Reboot Ideas

Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

So I have been reading the new Daredevil series and I started to notice what I can't believe I didn't notice before. Ben Affleck looks nothing like Matt Murdock! So I started thinking of actors who could pull off playing Matt Murdock with his looks, physique, and attitude and I thought maybe Ryan Gosling with dyed red hair. What do you guys think?

#1 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

If he wasn't Batman; Christian Bale. But as he is Batman, Josh Hartnett (Black Hawk Down, Sin City, Bunraku)

#2 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Evans

#3 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderpool94 said:

If he wasn't Batman; Christian Bale. But as he is Batman, Josh Hartnett (Black Hawk Down, Sin City, Bunraku)

@Duke_Nasty said:

Chris Evans

The point was to make the new actor to look just like Matt Murdock to make us believe it is the comic book coming to life. Like Andrew Garfield actually looks like Peter Parker. Chris Hemsworth actually looks like Thor. So Christian Bale and Chris Evans, I don't think could look like Matt Murdock. Maybe Josh Hartnett if he grew out and dyed his hair. I still prefer Ryan Gosling for right now.

#4 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

@spiderpool94 said:

If he wasn't Batman; Christian Bale. But as he is Batman, Josh Hartnett (Black Hawk Down, Sin City, Bunraku)

@Duke_Nasty said:

Chris Evans

The point was to make the new actor to look just like Matt Murdock to make us believe it is the comic book coming to life. Like Andrew Garfield actually looks like Peter Parker. Chris Hemsworth actually looks like Thor. So Christian Bale and Chris Evans, I don't think could look like Matt Murdock. Maybe Josh Hartnett if he grew out and dyed his hair. I still prefer Ryan Gosling for right now.

It's a fair point. Don't really know Ryan Gosling as an actor very well, but from what i know he'd be pretty good DD.

#5 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderpool94 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@spiderpool94 said:

If he wasn't Batman; Christian Bale. But as he is Batman, Josh Hartnett (Black Hawk Down, Sin City, Bunraku)

@Duke_Nasty said:

Chris Evans

The point was to make the new actor to look just like Matt Murdock to make us believe it is the comic book coming to life. Like Andrew Garfield actually looks like Peter Parker. Chris Hemsworth actually looks like Thor. So Christian Bale and Chris Evans, I don't think could look like Matt Murdock. Maybe Josh Hartnett if he grew out and dyed his hair. I still prefer Ryan Gosling for right now.

It's a fair point. Don't really know Ryan Gosling as an actor very well, but from what i know he'd be pretty good DD.

Also, I apologize to both you and @Duke_Nasty if I sounded like an asshole when I replied to you but yes I was trying to prove a point that I think the actor should be at least an attempt at actually looking like the character. I first got introduced to Ryan Gosling when he was in YOUNG HERCULES and REMEMBER THE TITANS. I know he is becoming more of an action star since he played in DRIVE and he can be emotional from THE NOTEBOOK. I just think that I know if we put sunglasses on him, make him grow out his hair a little, and then dye it red (it's easier with blondes rather than brunettes for dying other than natural redheads), he could definitely look like him. And as for the acting, I'm sure nobody can reject him in that case.

#6 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

@spiderpool94 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

@spiderpool94 said:

If he wasn't Batman; Christian Bale. But as he is Batman, Josh Hartnett (Black Hawk Down, Sin City, Bunraku)

@Duke_Nasty said:

Chris Evans

The point was to make the new actor to look just like Matt Murdock to make us believe it is the comic book coming to life. Like Andrew Garfield actually looks like Peter Parker. Chris Hemsworth actually looks like Thor. So Christian Bale and Chris Evans, I don't think could look like Matt Murdock. Maybe Josh Hartnett if he grew out and dyed his hair. I still prefer Ryan Gosling for right now.

It's a fair point. Don't really know Ryan Gosling as an actor very well, but from what i know he'd be pretty good DD.

Also, I apologize to both you and @Duke_Nasty if I sounded like an asshole when I replied to you but yes I was trying to prove a point that I think the actor should be at least an attempt at actually looking like the character. I first got introduced to Ryan Gosling when he was in YOUNG HERCULES and REMEMBER THE TITANS. I know he is becoming more of an action star since he played in DRIVE and he can be emotional from THE NOTEBOOK. I just think that I know if we put sunglasses on him, make him grow out his hair a little, and then dye it red (it's easier with blondes rather than brunettes for dying other than natural redheads), he could definitely look like him. And as for the acting, I'm sure nobody can reject him in that case.

Dw, you didn't sound like an ass hole. you're entitled to disagree with what we say y'know :)

#7 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428: No problem, my comment was a joke.

#8 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderpool94: Well it wasn't that I disagreed with you but how I said it. But yeah.

#9 Posted by Joesoef95 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch the movie Drive. Gosling's the perfect Murdock!

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (10812 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll play as Daredevil

#11 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds! ;p

#12 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

#13 Edited by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy Pearce when he was younger

#14 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn said:

Guy Pearce when he was younger

Agreed.

#15 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

That could actually work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.