Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil NEEDS A Reboot

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

Edited By ReverseNegative

Who else thinks he DESPERATELY needs a reboot?  
    I do.   
    His original movie FAILED and SUCKED. There has been talk of a Daredevil reboot being released in 2012 or so, but as I said, he needs it. He's one of the biggest, major MARVEL characters, and he should be recognized as such in media. Please comment if you feel the same. 

No Caption Provided
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By roadbuster

It's inevitable.  FOX still has the film rights and will not let the option lapse unless Disney can afford to reacquire them (and they've failed to do so before). 

The issue will be whether FOX makes a serious go at it or if they just churn out an option holding film like 1994's Fantastic Four (note: NOT the 2005 version that saw widespread theatrical release). 

I suspect FOX wants to focus on developing the X franchise so any attention given Daredevil will fall more in line with Ghost Rider or Punisher than Spider-Man or X-Men.

HarlequinKiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By HarlequinKiss

Oh my god, an actually good Daredevil movie? Of course I agree.  Seriously, TWO Evanescence songs? Not just ONE, TWO. Holy FUCK, that made me scream into my jacket when I saw it in theaters. I still bought the movie though. Watch it every now and then when I'm in one of those awful movie moods. But hey, speaking of lame series' getting a reboot, Spider-man reboot, yay.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

nah. i like DD alot but i'm sick of the focus being on " another whatever ".
    theres a whole library of characters to try out in movies ( WB needs to get
    on that bandwagon a bit quicker as well)

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would love to see a daredevil reboot 

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @HarlequinKiss said:

" Oh my god, an actually good Daredevil movie? Of course I agree.  Seriously, TWO Evanescence songs? Not just ONE, TWO. Holy FUCK, that made me scream into my jacket when I saw it in theaters. I still bought the movie though. Watch it every now and then when I'm in one of those awful movie moods. But hey, speaking of lame series' getting a reboot, Spider-man reboot, yay. "

The Spiderman series was awesome, it's just the 3rd movie that bombed.
    Avatar image for marvelunivers_deleteme
    marvelunivers_deleteme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

you are so right

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

It's going to get rebooted. Idk when, but if it's not soon then Marvel's gonna do it sooner or later.  

Dear   Fox or Marvel Studios, if you're making Daredevil again, include the following:

I want Matt Damon as Daredevil, Jason Stathum as Bullseye (if that's the villain they go with), and James Gandolfini as Kingpin. 

Karen Page > Elektra, Stick's gotta be in it, and I'd like to see Mr. Fear as the villain.  

Do all that with an R rating and it'll be great. 

Sincerely, a concerned Daredevil fan

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I never could see what the big fuss was about Daredevil was, I've been reading Marvel for years and never once thought, "Wow Daredevil is the biggest Marvel character out there" but hey, that's just my own opinion. And I have this movie and I've always thought it was pretty good, never could understand why people said it sucked.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By daredevil21134

Was as a fan I think I respected it more than i liked it
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

I don't think the movie was nearly as bad as people say but honestly i hope fox lets the rights revert back to marvel cause lets face it fox doesnt know what theyre doing anymore

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daredevil21134

I would love to see one done by Marvel
    Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you kiding? That's like my favorite superhero movie, that and Spidey 2. Did a crack shipment just crash into your house. Daredevil was an amzing movie, my favorite ever and it is the best superhero film of all time. It does not "need a reboot", and screw anyone who thinks otherwise. I would be f***ing pissed if it was rebooted, especially if @$$holes like you were the cause. Go watch real entertainment. Like Daredevil.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daredevil21134

The movie had alot of flawes
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:
    Like? 
    Please explain, and I can justify every last one, I guarantee it.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daredevil21134
    @SpideyIvyDaredevilFan:
    I'm pretty sure you can bro...but as a Daredevil fan I exepect it to be perfect...but here are some. I didn't like the way he killed that guy in the subway I didn't like the way he got his ass kicked by normal punks I didn't like the fact that he used his blindness to sympathize the judge in the directors cut and I didn't like his costume,when he was jumping around he looked very stiff to me and I didn't like the way Foggy Nelson act so goofy and I didn't like the fact that if there was no sound his radar wouldn't work....but I thought the director's cut was alot better and i'm glad he had a movie anyways
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

1: I liked the train scene. It really showed that this movie wasn;t going to pull a wimpy "Batman and Robin" on Daredevil/. It really shows he is a tough BAMF 
    2: I don't quite remember his ass getting kicked by normal punks, unless you're talking about when he was a kid at the beggining  
    3: Sympathizing his blindness just throws off the judge, and makes it less likely that he'll ever fiund out he's a brutal vigilante 
    4: I liked the costume, but everyone has their own opinoon 
    5: You do have a point here. I didn;t like how he was stiff when jumping around either 
    6: Foggy Nelson is a goofy character. It's like telling the Punisher not to be menacing 
    7: Yet again, another good point with the radar sense/sound thing 

Overall, this is my favorite superhero movie, but everyone has there own opinion. With 2 siblings that are fans of those superhero abominations "Sky High and "Push" I know that more than anyone. But anyways, I guess it's kinda stupid arguing about superheroes when there's so much other shit to argue about. 
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By daredevil21134

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan:
    Foggy Nelson is not that goofy....foggy nelson salsa dancing.....come on lol
    Daredevil is too good of a lawyer and would never  have to use sympathy on a Judge, Daredevil would never want anybody to supathize him  
    And theres different ways to show Daredevil is not wimpy without making him cross a line he wouldn't cross he could of just beat the crap outta him and force him to confess

in the bar scene he got took some nasty shots he even had scars all over his  back ...Daredevi would beat up street punks in his sleep
    lol....irs not stupid if its important to you bro.lol.....but i'm glad you like the movie and its good to have another Daredevil fan here

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I thot the movie was good but affleck was totaly wrong choice to play matt, I 100% think there needs to be a reboot and it should be dark and gritty like what nolans done with batman. i am still not sure who i would have playing him i know at one point they where saying about jason satham playing dd but i'm not sure i like that idea!

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

The directors cut isn't to bad at all really and i'd never say it was as bad as that dire Wolverine movie but i wouldn't mind seeing a fresh take on the man without fear.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Omega Ray Jay said:
    " The directors cut isn't to bad at all really and i'd never say it was as bad as that dire Wolverine movie but i wouldn't mind seeing a fresh take on the man without fear. "
    Quoted for truth
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daredevil21134

me too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.