Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil Idolization

JTHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I've only begun reading Daredevil. I don't know a whole lot about him. I know he's Catholic and why he wears the devil themed costume. But I was wondering has he ever been concerned about sending the wrong message to the youth of Hell's Kitchen? They see a guy who looks like the devil doing good and some may idolize him for his deeds, but they don't know about his personal beliefs. Isn't this making the devil look cool to kids, wouldn't that counter his own religious beliefs? I don't know, sometimes I'm bored and over think stuff.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Daredevil isn't trying to inspire anyone. He's trying to scare them. An who's scarier than the devil?

JTHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jthood: Matt may be catholic but he's not a very good one.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Daredevil isn't trying to inspire anyone. He's trying to scare them. An who's scarier than the devil?

Batman

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

To be honest, he's been raised as a catholic when Frank Miller started writing him. But there's been times when he's been written as being agnostic and questions his own beliefs, due to the consequences he has to suffer with after attracting bad people in Hell's Kitchen.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

To be honest, he's been raised as a catholic when Frank Miller started writing him. But there's been times when he's been written as being agnostic and questions his own beliefs, due to the consequences he has to suffer with after attracting bad people in Hell's Kitchen.

Nope it was done when Frank Miller returned and wrote Born again. It has more or less been part of Matt since then. A lot of his stories has also had biblical references for instance Fall from Grace, Guardian Devil and Daredevil: Father. Sure Matt has questioned his believes but that is rather normal for a modern person to do so.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By mysoulz

@tupiaz said:

@mysoulz said:

Nope it was done when Frank Miller returned and wrote Born again. It has more or less been part of Matt since then. A lot of his stories has also had biblical references for instance Fall from Grace, Guardian Devil and Daredevil: Father. Sure Matt has questioned his believes but that is rather normal for a modern person to do so.

I thought I made an error in my post. Thanks for the correction.

There were also biblical references from Elektra Lives Again as well, but I believe it's out of continuity.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz: It has been done many times those was just examples. Another one would be Daredevil: Redemption.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.