Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil films...sequel?reboot?or left to lie awhile??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Weapon-Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Weapon-Alpha

watta you guys think bout it i love DD but i dont know if i want ben affleck to do it again cuz i heard he wouldnt so who would look good blind??and who should he beat down?

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By brendon277

I think if there were a sequel i wouldn't mind seeing Elektra coming back to Matt or hired to assassinate him  but i would like Ben Affleck to return as DD but like you said he said he won't but I heard Jennifer Garner would like to return as Elektra and she was good at her role so if they had Elektra in it at least she would still want to play in it

Weapon-Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Weapon-Alpha
    @brendon277: i know she was so good as elektra i heard jason statham would love to play DD
    PsychoPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By PsychoPanda

I think they would be better off with a reboot, and put Bullseye (if they choose to use him again) in a costume this time. Ben Affleck was okay as Daredevil, but there are a lot of people who could pull it off. The apartment fighting scene in Bourne Identity had me thinking Matt Damon could pull it off. Jennifer Garner was okay as Elektra, but not really strong enough (presence wise). Ideally they should get someone who looks Greek too. Unfortunately, Colin Farrell was the worst person they could cast for Bullseye. In order to make the audience believe you can kill people by throwing harmless objects, you have to take it seriously and believe in it yourself. 

I'm not sure where they would go with the next Daredevil. Perhaps the Born Again storyline. Maybe have a 'DD vs Punisher' movie? Especially since both those movie franchises need some help.

Weapon-Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Weapon-Alpha
    @PsychoPanda: i loved punisher warzone thought it was ten times better than the first one
    brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brendon277

I liked the first Daredevil movie. It was good action and i can't believe i'm saying this sort of romance. 

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kadeem

I think they should go with an absolute reboot.  They ruined the first attempt at a Daredevil movie by trying to turn an R-rated storyline into a kids flick. They should get some one a little more mature than Ben Affleck who has more of an intense presence to play Matt Murdock.  They should also get an actress with a much more intense presence to play Elektra.  I think it would also be good if they filmed it in the same style that they filmed Sin City & 300.

Weapon-Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Weapon-Alpha

a 300-ey daredevil sounds pretty gd but idk how it would go over with others
    kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kadeem
    @Weapon-Alpha: Well Frank Miller is the one who improved DD and created Elektra, so I don't see why the style would be incompatible.  In think the actress that played the Spartan Queen would make a great Elektra.
    Weapon-Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Weapon-Alpha
    @kadeem:
    true that  
    if miller would apprve then im in
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Icon

Fox and Marvel are reportedly planning a Daredevil reboot, and frankly I think that's the best idea. I want a fresh start, far removed from the original film (which I did enjoy to an extent). I think enough time has passed that a reboot would seem totally new and exciting anyway (depending on who is involved). 

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Matthew McConahey (but spelt right) Maybe Guy Pierce?
    A more Greek looking Elektra.

I'd say a sort of sequel. Born Again would pick up well from where the first movie left off.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @Weapon-Alpha said:
    " @PsychoPanda: i loved punisher warzone thought it was ten times better than the first one "
    Don't forget the Dolph Lundgren Punisher :D

@Weapon-Alpha said:
    " a 300-ey daredevil sounds pretty gd but idk how it would go over with others "
    I'd hate that. Don't think it'd suit DD at all.
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By bingbangboom

I enjoyed the Daredevil movie although I think that they tried to put too much into it, especially the Elektra stuff. I honestly think DD would work better as a take on the standard Law/Lawyer shows but take it as Matt Murdock's take.

PsychoPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By PsychoPanda
    @kadeem said:
    " I think they should go with an absolute reboot.  They ruined the first attempt at a Daredevil movie by trying to turn an R-rated storyline into a kids flick. They should get some one a little more mature than Ben Affleck who has more of an intense presence to play Matt Murdock.  They should also get an actress with a much more intense presence to play Elektra.  I think it would also be good if they filmed it in the same style that they filmed Sin City & 300. "
    My thoughts exactly. After seeing Sin City (and even The Spirit which was done in the same style), my immediate reaction was "this is how they should have done the Daredevil movie!".  Daredevil #181 (Death of Elektra) would work look perfect in that style. That whole fight scene between Bullseye vs. Elektra feels like you are watching a movie in snapshot. 

The actress (wife) from 300 certainly looks like she could play the part of Elektra. Elektra originally was all about action, presence, and few words. They need someone who can walk onto the screen and make your blood turn cold with her stare. ;)
    Weapon-Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Weapon-Alpha
    @PsychoPanda said:
    " @kadeem said:
    " I think they should go with an absolute reboot.  They ruined the first attempt at a Daredevil movie by trying to turn an R-rated storyline into a kids flick. They should get some one a little more mature than Ben Affleck who has more of an intense presence to play Matt Murdock.  They should also get an actress with a much more intense presence to play Elektra.  I think it would also be good if they filmed it in the same style that they filmed Sin City & 300. "
    My thoughts exactly. After seeing Sin City (and even The Spirit which was done in the same style), my immediate reaction was "this is how they should have done the Daredevil movie!".  Daredevil #181 (Death of Elektra) would work look perfect in that style. That whole fight scene between Bullseye vs. Elektra feels like you are watching a movie in snapshot.  The actress (wife) from 300 certainly looks like she could play the part of Elektra. Elektra originally was all about action, presence, and few words. They need someone who can walk onto the screen and make your blood turn cold with her stare. ;) "

but that leaves bullseye and DD open
    kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kadeem
    @Weapon-Alpha said:
    " @PsychoPanda said:
    " @kadeem said:
    My thoughts exactly. After seeing Sin City (and even The Spirit which was done in the same style), my immediate reaction was "this is how they should have done the Daredevil movie!".  Daredevil #181 (Death of Elektra) would work look perfect in that style. That whole fight scene between Bullseye vs. Elektra feels like you are watching a movie in snapshot.  The actress (wife) from 300 certainly looks like she could play the part of Elektra. Elektra originally was all about action, presence, and few words. They need someone who can walk onto the screen and make your blood turn cold with her stare. ;) "
    but that leaves bullseye and DD open "
    I think Jason Statham could make a good Bullseye. Who do you think could play DD?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.