Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil: Dark Nights

• 82 results
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#51 vance_astro  Moderator

@donovan_montgomery said:

Bendis wrote Ninja, just saying.

The statement you highlighted doesn't suggest Bendis DIDN'T write Ninja. It suggests Ninja came out before Bendis started writing on Daredevil vol.2.

Where writers are concerned, Bendis is the only one that forced me to stop buying DD. I'm sure his stories were good after I stopped but his writing style was not to my taste. Just found it very hard to follow. (Yes, I do own Ninja and it's really bugging me were he used the Korean/South Asian language as I cannot find a translation to english for it.) I also would like to know if anything came of the child Karen yet. (mentioned this somewhere else to).

Oh yea, I happen to like this new direction so far but it is going to depend on the next issue if I keep buying.....I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Bendis stopped writing DD in '06. Also last I checked Baby Karen doesn't appear nor is she even mentioned outside of Guardian Devil.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@vance_astro: True, was just an observation.

I was hoping I just missed something that made the Ninja story worth something. Hopefully they'll follow up on baby Karen as she grows and bring her back into the fold some how.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 vance_astro  Moderator

Hopefully they'll follow up on baby Karen as she grows and bring her back into the fold some how.

It would be cool if she became his sidekick for a while. Too many of the people DD meets become villains.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By tupiaz

@vance_astro said:

@tupiaz said:

My point is that Marvel does more for DD with miniseries that they did under Bendis run.

Even assuming Ninja came out before Bendis started writing, no writer that has touched Daredevil has had 3 miniseries come out during the time they were writing. Also my original point was that a character like Daredevil at this current moment isn't going to be able to survive with just a solo book & a miniseries. This is why the Punisher got cancelled. We know Frank is a loner as is Daredevil BUT, "alone" does NOTHING for sales at a company whose most popular property is team books and events.

@tupiaz said:

I think he get pushed pretty hard these days.

A failing book and some miniseries isn't what I call a "hard push".

Bendis wrote Ninja, just saying.

As far as this new book goes, I plan on picking it up because of the fan boy in me.

Where writers are concerned, Bendis is the only one that forced me to stop buying DD. I'm sure his stories were good after I stopped but his writing style was not to my taste. Just found it very hard to follow. (Yes, I do own Ninja and it's really bugging me were he used the Korean/South Asian language as I cannot find a translation to english for it.) I also would like to know if anything came of the child Karen yet. (mentioned this somewhere else to).

Oh yea, I happen to like this new direction so far but it is going to depend on the next issue if I keep buying.....I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Ninja is awful. As far as I know that is the last we know about Karen is her appearance in Ninja. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Ninja TPB did as far as I remember only used English and just ran through fast and did seen any Japanese nor Korean language in it.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@vance_astro: He could finally have his very own "Robin", lol.......*groan*

@tupiaz: I mostly agree with you on Ninja but mainly because it seems such a pointless story.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By daredevil21134

I hate this Ninja crap FTW lol!!!

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@daredevil21134 said:

I hate this Ninja crap FTW lol!!!

Even though this was kind of funny it goes against the mythos and that he is trained by Stick. But no one besides Miller really did the Ninja mythos that well. To me Matt has one foot in this Ninja war and one out of it. He doesn't feel for it but is both professional and emotional in it.

@vance_astro: He could finally have his very own "Robin", lol.......*groan*

@tupiaz: I mostly agree with you on Ninja but mainly because it seems such a pointless story.

That and that the plot was messy and the phase was bad. This is however not necessary Bendis fault.

HollowPrince65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I sometimes feel bad as a DD fan because as much as I love Vol 2 and Vol 1 but I'm also really loving this current run. Mark Waid in my opinion is doing a great job of bringing Matt back to the less pained man who is trying to move past his painful history over losing Karen and Milla. *shrug* whatever though...I'm excited for this new series. Is it a full on series or is it just another miniseries?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sometimes feel bad as a DD fan because as much as I love Vol 2 and Vol 1 but I'm also really loving this current run. Mark Waid in my opinion is doing a great job of bringing Matt back to the less pained man who is trying to move past his painful history over losing Karen and Milla. *shrug* whatever though...I'm excited for this new series. Is it a full on series or is it just another miniseries?

Miniseries

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#61  Edited By oldnightcrawler

I don't know why anyone would feel bad for enjoying a good series; Waid's Daredevil has been great from day one.

HollowPrince65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Its just kinda disheartening when people kind of rip it apart and go all 'This isn't Daredevil'. I love the series and have always loved it. It reminds me of the days before Bendis where it was still dark, but had moments of levity where you are reminded that this guy is a happy person who does enjoy his life. Volume 2 may have been epic but there wasn't enough of a break between hits and I always thought it was sad how you never really got to see Matt happy a whole lot. Even Frank Miller wrote dark stories, but in the end he always had happiness come out and show Matt's happy side. I love how Mark Waid is giving Matt that back. All well.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hollowprince65: see, before this series started, I really only knew DD from Frank Miller's original run (which I'd heard was the definitive DDrun), his Man Without Fear miniseries in the 90's, and Kevin Smith's run; and to me this latest series doesn't seem out of line with any of those versions of the character.

I've read every issue of this new series that Waid's doing, and honestly, I think it's my favorite version of the character.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@daredevil21134: Since they'v showed snow messing with DD's powers have they ever shown intense sunshine messing with him?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134: Since they'v showed snow messing with DD's powers have they ever shown intense sunshine messing with him?

Not that I know of

HollowPrince65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: same. I've read every DD issue there is, library and such. I've missed the brightness of the old comics. Every issue of Volume 2 (aside from when Matt sued Daredevil) was so dark and so dreary. I missed Matt being funny and happy and enjoying his life. I was so happy when Mark Waid brought that man back and made it make sense as to why he was like that. It makes sense, its fun, and its just great story telling.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Dark Nights today

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler: same. I've read every DD issue there is, library and such. I've missed the brightness of the old comics. Every issue of Volume 2 (aside from when Matt sued Daredevil) was so dark and so dreary. I missed Matt being funny and happy and enjoying his life. I was so happy when Mark Waid brought that man back and made it make sense as to why he was like that. It makes sense, its fun, and its just great story telling.

Yeah. I don't find his portrayal to be out of character at all, but honestly, even if I did I think I'd still like this series for how fun the stories are.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

I enjoyed Dark Nights today

Did you finish, End of Days?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 vance_astro  Moderator
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134 said:

Oh Yeahhh!!

I take it, you enjoyed it?

I really enjoyed 1-5,the rest was ok imo.What did you think?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

Didn't like the WAY they killed off Daredevil. But I enjoyed all the twists. I was genuinely stumped as to what "Mapone" meant.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

Didn't like the WAY they killed off Daredevil. But I enjoyed all the twists. I was genuinely stumped as to what "Mapone" meant.

I thought they were gonna say he let himself get killed but I guess I was wrong.I don't understand how Bullseye killed him so easily

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

I thought they were gonna say he let himself get killed but I guess I was wrong.I don't understand how Bullseye killed him so easily

Yea, that was a really bad way to open the book because that was completely illogical.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

Yea, that was a really bad way to open the book because that was completely illogical.

I also don't understand why the word Mapone drove Bullseye to kill himself.If you know feel free to fill me in

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

I also don't understand why the word Mapone drove Bullseye to kill himself.If you know feel free to fill me in

I'm not sure what that whole thing was about. I had two theories. 1 was that "Mapone" actually killed Bullseye. The 2nd was that Bullseye saw Daredevil (the new one) after believing he had killed him which drove him insane. My guess of why he kept saying "mapone" is because it was Daredevil's last words and even HE doesn't know what that means.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

I'm not sure what that whole thing was about. I had two theories. 1 was that "Mapone" actually killed Bullseye. The 2nd was that Bullseye saw Daredevil (the new one) after believing he had killed him which drove him insane. My guess of why he kept saying "mapone" is because it was Daredevil's last words and even HE doesn't know what that means.

The first theory would be badass.They're both good possibilities

pretur22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here is the orignal meaning of mapone taken from :http://www.manwithoutfear.com/messageboard/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3184

Well, buckle up for THE WORST IDEA YOU'VE EVER HEARD because the hardcover actually has a script page from a cut scene that, according to Mack, sheds light on why "Mapone" nade Bulls kill himself. I'm paraphrasing but, basically, in the scene Punisher tells someone (I think Tim) that Bullseye once had a foster mom that he like that he killed by mistake. It was the only time Bullseye missed. The foster mom's name was....my god, even typing this hurts...Rosemary Pone. Get it? Mother Pone. Mama Pone. Ma Pone. MAPONE!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro:

@pretur22 said:

here is the orignal meaning of mapone taken from :http://www.manwithoutfear.com/messageboard/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3184

Well, buckle up for THE WORST IDEA YOU'VE EVER HEARD because the hardcover actually has a script page from a cut scene that, according to Mack, sheds light on why "Mapone" nade Bulls kill himself. I'm paraphrasing but, basically, in the scene Punisher tells someone (I think Tim) that Bullseye once had a foster mom that he like that he killed by mistake. It was the only time Bullseye missed. The foster mom's name was....my god, even typing this hurts...Rosemary Pone. Get it? Mother Pone. Mama Pone. Ma Pone. MAPONE!

WOW!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@pretur22 said:

This just ruined my life.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pretur22 said:

This just ruined my life.

LOL!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.