Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil Conspiracy

Orider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Orider

I just finished reading Daredevil V.2 and I was surprised at all the conspiracies and manipulation.  Look at the first arc of the series, the current arc, the assassination of foggy, the list goes on.  What ever happened to the classic superhero vs super villain confrontation?  A super villain needs three components and the superhero finds out after the first one is stolen, then has a short confrontation at the theft of the second one, and a final showdown seconds before the evil device is activated.  Am I the only one that misses these classics?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Orider said:
    " I just finished reading Daredevil V.2 and I was surprised at all the conspiracies and manipulation.  Look at the first arc of the series, the current arc, the assassination of foggy, the list goes on.  What ever happened to the classic superhero vs super villain confrontation?  A super villain needs three components and the superhero finds out after the first one is stolen, then has a short confrontation at the theft of the second one, and a final showdown seconds before the evil device is activated.  Am I the only one that misses these classics? "
    They already did that in volume one.Why would they do the same exact thing in volume 2? I think it was smart for the villains to try and tear Daredevil down on a Matt Murdock level.Villains tried doing it to Tony Stark and Peter Parker, several times over.Daredevil has plenty of villains but I like how Bendis and Brubaker brought other things to the table.Daredevil having to deal with things he had done to his villains at one point.I thought that was excellent writing.Did you read Dark Reign and are you reading Siege,how about Secret Invasion? There is plenty of villains.
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

This was also done in volume 1 with the Kingpin when Millar wote DD so it's not new either :\ 

Scary Tousers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Scary Tousers
    @Orider:  Everybody was doing it and they become boring.
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Another thing i noticed, old villians come to DD for their final battle......two I remember are Pyro and Mysterio.  Does he really represent death to these guys?  You would thingk that would be Punisher.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.