Daredevil and major marvel events

#1 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I can understand why Marvel would want to keep Daredevil out of all the incarnations of the avengers, but why is it that he is deliberately kept out  events such as siege or civil war?

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Siege is an Avengers story arc, so it makes since why he is not in there.

As for Secret Invasion, wasn't he out of New York City when the battle took place?

DD is going to be the main focus of an upcoming crossover called Shadowland though.

#3 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil had a role in Civil War. He was locked up for the most part but what he did was important.
Daredevil was a part of Secret Invasion.
His involvement in Dark Reign led to something that preoccupied him during Siege (i wont spoil it,
you should read Daredevil, he's been a real busy guy). which is leading to Shadowland.

#4 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: But thats just my point he is ALWAYS   conveniently out of New York City when these events take place, what is Marvel's reasoning behind doing this with his character?
#5 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: ok I shall catch up, I stopped reading around  just before return of the king
#6 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice: 
Return Of The King will explain things yes. Youll definatly want to read that before Shadowland kicks off as well. good stuff.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:
" @CATMANEXE: ok I shall catch up, I stopped reading around  just before return of the king "
I can't blame you for not reading Daredevil during Secret Invasion.That was the point where I almost stopped reading it to.Daredevil is an important character and they refuse to make a role for him in these event.While he doesn't fit in them it would be nice if they at least gave him a miniseries when they do these things so that we can keep seeing him in between issues.
#8 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Couldn't agree with you more.
#9 Posted by LB70145 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care that DD has not been in any of the major Marvel Events. His solo issues have been the best comics I have read these past few years.

#10 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio
@LB70145 said:
" I don't care that DD has not been in any of the major Marvel Events. His solo issues have been the best comics I have read these past few years. "
I wholeheartedly agree, although it is nice that is he getting his own event with Shadowland. I can't wait. :]

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.