Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Confusion in DD#23

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gotwillpower

I don't know if I'm stupid or something, but in the last scene of Daredevil 23, when Matt and Foggy are seeing the doctor, I had no idea what Murdock meant by, "It's not Foggy's [heartbeat]." The first time I read it, I thought he meant Foggy's heartbeat wasn't Foggy's, and that someone was impersonating him. I figured that Matt played it cool because he didn't want to let the impersonator know he knew. Then, I read Daredevil 24, and I realized I was going crazy. Did he mean that it was his own heartbeat, and that he was freaking out about Foggy's health?

I don't get this @!#$.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

The doctor was in the room trying to remain calm to keep his patient calm, remember? It was his heartbeat Matt was hearing.

That's how I took it anyway.

^_^ looks at date of OP........was probably figured out already ^_^

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By gotwillpower

Nope, I really had no #@!$ing idea lol. Thanks. I think I'm going to call my doctor now. Request a brain transplant.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You're not stupid (: it was a tricky scene.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I had to think about it for a minute myself while reading it, went back at least twice....then again after the next issue just to refresh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.