Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Clark Duke And The ‘Daredevil’ Reboot

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Icon

Actor (Kick-Ass, Hot Tub Time Machine) and burgeoning writer, Clark Duke, was recently interviewed and expressed real interest in Fox and Marvel's Daredevil reboot. He had the following to say.  

FSR: Are there any comics you’d interested in adapting yourself?

Clark Duke: Yeah, I wish they’d let me write and direct a reboot of Daredevil. I think there’s definitely a way to do Daredevil correctly that nobody’s figured out for some reason.

FSR: What would you do differently?

Clark Duke: First of all just tonally. I would completely… he’s a pulp hero, I think you address it, you have to have respect for the reality of it to some extent. And also I think you play with, the most interesting thing about him is he’s a lawyer who’s committing crime every night, he’s a catholic that dresses up like the devil, there’s all this thematic stuff that’s so fun to play with, that’s so awesome, I think [Ed] Brubaker’s run is my generations’ defining… I think they’re honestly better than the Frank Miller run. And somebody should make that into a film.

FSR.And that somebody is Clark Duke .

Clark Duke: Like Fox is gonna let me… start that rumor, maybe they’ll call me. I could write the hell out of that Daredevil movie though.

Read more at Film School Rejects: Kick-Ass Interview: Clark Duke And The ‘Daredevil’ Reboot - Film School Rejects   

I'm not so sure he would be right for this film, but he does seem to know what he is talking about. Good to see another fan in Hollywood too, and hopefully whoever they do get to write the film will be someone(s) who share this guys passion for DD. 
    MisterDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MisterDK

I like his ideas but since he's never wrote something I don't know if he'd manage it.

Having a fan doesn't always help. Affleck was a huge fan of DD and well...

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Icon
    @MisterDK said:
    " I like his ideas but since he's never wrote something I don't know if he'd manage it.  Having a fan doesn't always help. Affleck was a huge fan of DD and well... "
    Point taken.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.