Bendis vs. Brubaker

#1 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Daredevil run right now is better? I enjoy both.

#2 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

Brubraker.

#3 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Queen Kong said:
"Brubraker."

Bendis did give new life to the series but Brubaker has done great things as well.

New Bullseye is coming!!!!!!!!
#4 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Queen Kong said:
"Brubraker."

Bendis did give new life to the series but Brubaker has done great things as well.

New Bullseye is coming!!!!!!!!"
Bad idea....
#5 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Queen Kong said:
"Mr. Wilson said:
"Queen Kong said:
"Brubraker."

Bendis did give new life to the series but Brubaker has done great things as well.

New Bullseye is coming!!!!!!!!"
Bad idea....
"
You think?
#6 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Brubaker isn't an idiot. He knows we will automatically dislike a cheap rip-off of Bullseye, so he will not have just Bullseye with a vagina, and she will be a good character. Because that would be really fucking stupid and lazy if she wasn't.

#7 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"Brubaker isn't an idiot. He knows we will automatically dislike a cheap rip-off of Bullseye, so he will not have just Bullseye with a vagina, and she will be a good character. Because that would be really fucking stupid and lazy if she wasn't."

Exactly.
#8 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I HATE Brubakers run. Its not bad but it boring. Bendis really brought Daredevil to life and I love his run alot. I consider Daredevil the best comic to buy while he was on it. Now I think its the worst.

#9 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Smith :P

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

said: Your not much of a Daredevil fan.

Moderator
#11 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

who me ??

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

said: No Daredevilfan182...I tried to quote him but I can't for some reason.

Moderator
#13 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

the site is being werid here too.

#14 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"Kevin Smith :P"
I liked his story as well.
#15 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio
Daredevilfan182 said:
"I HATE Brubakers run. Its not bad but it boring. Bendis really brought Daredevil to life and I love his run alot. I consider Daredevil the best comic to buy while he was on it. Now I think its the worst."
I hate Bendis's run. It was too decompressed, too much like he was trying to decide "Hmmm ... should I have lawyer-mode or Daredevil-mode?" . I did love his Typhoid Mary arc, his Urich arc and his Echo arc.
#16 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"Daredevilfan182 said:
"I HATE Brubakers run. Its not bad but it boring. Bendis really brought Daredevil to life and I love his run alot. I consider Daredevil the best comic to buy while he was on it. Now I think its the worst."
I hate Bendis's run. It was too decompressed, too much like he was trying to decide "Hmmm ... should I have lawyer-mode or Daredevil-mode?" . I did love his Typhoid Mary arc, his Urich arc and his Echo arc."
I enjoy both of the styles.
#17 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Well out of the two, I would have to say Brubaker. No writer has topped Frank Miller in all these years. I wish that someone would come-up with good fresh stories. I mean how many times is poor Melvin going to used by a outside force. Or how many times will Daredevil's ID be revealed.  Though, Kevin Smith did have a good fresh start, but after awhile here comes Bullseye and we are back to the same old stories that are just retold.  I want a new villain, I want to see some more ninja junk, I want more street crime.

#18 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Brubaker.

#19 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like people favor Brubaker.

#20 Posted by enzobambino (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Brubaker!  If for no reason, he has made DD something from the mess that Bendis made.  Now I do like Bendis.  Avengers. Secret Invasion, Ultimate Spider-man - I think his stuff is great.  But it seemed as though DD was the last thing to write on his list for that month.  So the story was the same for four years - DD is outed!.  Boring.  I am prepared for the backlash from this. 

#21 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey no backlash here, I think Bendis is a poor writer. He doesn't research any characters history and tends to make-up his own Marvel history.

#22 Posted by enzobambino (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I just finished the latest ish and the final one in this story line and it was great.  It made sense and it had an ending.  Not like Decalogue.  !!!! 

#23 Posted by the Detective (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis saved Smith. Brubaker saved Bendis. After a while I believe a writer has done enough and can do no more with a character.They have gone as far as they can go.They definately changed the book for the better and set the tone for future writers. It takes a great writer( and of course timing is everything )to do what say Frank Miller has done with the DareDevil as a character. Being a writer to follow that type of run brings alot of pressure. Marvel brought in the writing talent of Denny O'Neil to keep DareDevil somewhere near the writing level that  Miller brought after he left.. Also having the right artist helps define the stories. The whole debate of who is better as of lately may go to Bendis for bringing a lot of great new ideas to DareDevil . You got to hand it to Bendis and Brubaker working together blending their writing talents for a seamless Brubaker's takeover. Brubaker sure did take the ball and ran with it. Brubaker is on fire right now writing the Immortal Iron Fist along with Matt Fraction along his successfull runs on Captain America, DareDevil , the Criminal. These writers all have their time.  This time it happens to be Brubakers. Anyway DareDevil has been good reading consistently for almost a decade. Notice Greg Rucka now assisting Brubaker starts to make you think  DareDevil still drawing in the best writers in the industry . 

#24 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, thatt's a good way of putting it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.