Follow

Dan Slott

Person » Dan Slott is credited in 1275 issues.

Dan Slott is an American comic book writer best known for Avengers: The Initiative, Mighty Avengers, She-Hulk, and The Amazing Spider-Man. His decade-long Spider-Man tenure included the controversial Superior Spider-Man, in which Peter Parker had been replaced by Dr. Otto Octavious. Dan Slott currently writes the Fantastic Four.

How good is Dan Slott's writing?

Zadoulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Zadoulo

I've never read his books before and I would like to know how he writes. If I get a good ratings, I might even buy his Superior Spider man series.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

He did some great work on Mighty Avengers, with his handling of Hank Pym in particular.

I don't know of his other works though. I hear a lot of people aren't into Superior Spider-Man.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not a big fan

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

Never ask how Dan Slott is on the Vine. This site is so divided with him. Some will say he's good and others will actually wish death on the man. He has an account on here, in which he answers posts over on the Superior Spider-Man Discussion thread. Personally, I think he's alright. I don't hate him by any means but I don't love him also.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a big fan since 700

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's good but He migHt Have lost His toucH witH Superior Spider. His run witH tHe MigHty Avengers is good tHougH.

MetH Hasn't read Superior yet so He doesn't know.

If you're going to buy His work, you're best cHoice would be MigHty Avengers.

-Abstract 4$$#073-

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like slotts style of writing he flows well and has interesting stories hes in my top 3 spidey writers. the people who dont like him just dont like how peter died they dont really think about if hes a good writer or not

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dabee

@m3th said:

He's good but He migHt Have lost His toucH witH Superior Spider. His run witH tHe MigHty Avengers is good tHougH.

MetH Hasn't read Superior yet so He doesn't know.

If you're going to buy His work, you're best cHoice would be MigHty Avengers.

-Abstract 4$$#073-

Is there something wrong with your H key?

EDIT: Like it's connected to the shift key somehow?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like his more humorous stuff (e.g. Great Lakes Avengers and his Thing miniseries from 2006).

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By danhimself

Never ask how Dan Slott is on the Vine. This site is so divided with him. Some will say he's good and others will actually wish death on the man. He has an account on here, in which he answers posts over on the Superior Spider-Man Discussion thread. Personally, I think he's alright. I don't hate him by any means but I don't love him also.

most of these people can't differentiate between Slott's writing and the premise of the book...they think that Slott is a "terrible" writer because they don't like the idea of Superior Spider-man

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dabee: WHat do you mean?

-Soulo-

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kidchipotle

@dabee: Capitalizing the "H" is apart of his CV gimmick.

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

most of these people can't differentiate between Slott's writing and the premise of the book...they think that Slott is a "terrible" writer because they don't like the idea of Superior Spider-man

This is very true, but some of those people make good points. Sometimes Slott's writing lacks for the sake of making plot have more longevity. Such as the argument of him making all of SSM's supporting characters, save for Carlie, incapable of "common sense." But then again, apparently his run on Mighty Avengers (which I've never read) was one of the best Avengers runs in Marvel. I think his work on Silver Surfer will determine in peoples eyes that he actually is a good writer or if he'll forever be the hack who "killed Spider-Man."

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By PunyParker

It's a tad ols school,but it's good.....the ,man has told that he's more of a "plotter" and not so much of a "scripter"

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spider11211

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

This is very true, but some of those people make good points. Sometimes Slott's writing lacks for the sake of making plot have more longevity. Such as the argument of him making all of SSM's supporting characters, save for Carlie, incapable of "common sense." But then again, apparently his run on Mighty Avengers (which I've never read) was one of the best Avengers runs in Marvel. I think his work on Silver Surfer will determine in peoples eyes that he actually is a good writer or if he'll forever be the hack who "killed Spider-Man."

Well said...but I think the latter may be the case.

I am sure someone like Dabee is too busy trying to troll to be objective....troll response in 3,2,1....

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

From what I have read I can say that I like his wrote Spiderman/Peter. The two issues (18,19) of superior were good only read them for Spider-Man 2099.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

He's a good writer. I can acknowledge that even though i hate the premise for Superior Spider-man

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If I had to grade him I would give him a solid B. He handles humor well but his writing is very much like a summer block buster its big its flashy but there is not much depth and sometimes it can be quickly forgotten.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

He's good. Really like his work on Superior, some of Amazing, She-Hulk, and mighty avengers.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#21 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Aw this thread makes me miss Fade V_V

On topic though:

He's not good at all.

He sucks.

It may have been good at one time, not anymore.

This.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Well said...but I think the latter may be the case.

Of course you would, because you're close-minded.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.