Dan Slott's been receiving death threats via Twitter

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: When I saw it, it made me sad too, I immediately tweeted some love to him.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

I had the honor of meeting Dan Slott at a comic book signing he did at my shop last month. One of the most genuinely delightful people I've ever had the pleasure of coming across. Full of stories, good jokes and good times and he takes such a clear and obvious joy in what he does. People sending him death threats (whether genuine or not) are simply absurd.

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah saw this earlier, absolutely ridiculous. There is no reason that Dan should be receiving any threats whatsoever. I trust Dan completely as he's had a fantastic run with Spider-Man thus far and I prefer to reserve my judgement until I read both 700 and Superior Spider-Man #1.

#5 Posted by SmashBrawler (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprising. This is still inexcusable behavior, though. Like Slott said, those people do need help.

#6 Posted by Jake Fury (18064 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad people.

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm going to rant here: 

I can't believe that anyone would send Dan Slott a death threat!  I mean, if they don't like the stories he's telling with Spider-Man, then don't read it and don't send the writer any death threats!  It's not going to solve anything and it's just making things even worse!  This is just something that annoys me to no end because the most simple thing to do is to just not read the stories!
#8 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

These pathetic people need a solid kick to the junk or ovaries. If your life is that tied up by a fictional character you have way bigger problems than being mad at a writer.

To those making threats : Seek therapy ASAP before you you do something you can't take back to yourself or others.

#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@Brazen_Intellect said:

These pathetic people need a solid kick to the junk or ovaries. If your life is that tied up by a fictional character you have way bigger problems than being mad at a writer.

To those making threats : Seek therapy ASAP before you you do something you can't take back to yourself or others.

Exactly!
#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12418 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate what Dan is doing but i would never ever actually threaten the dudes life. these pathetic freaks of nature need a life.

#11 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it. What the hell is wrong with people?

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that his Twitter background is a meme-Spidey "HATERS GONNA HATE" because of this.

Gotta love him.

#13 Posted by HushoftheWind (779 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate what he's doing Peter Parker but not enough to threaten his life, now if Ock-Peter impregnates Mary Jane and start flirting with Aunt May, then he should find a safe house, b/c my Army's arrows will block out the sun....

#14 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

There've been a lot of comics that have made me upset.

Cancelling Cassandra Cain's series and turning her evil, killing Gert in Runaways, the new Avengers Academy series, etc. And I've been known to go on a bit of a rant or two about them. But making threats? That's just ridiculous.

#15 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCowman said:

There've been a lot of comics that have made me upset.

Cancelling Cassandra Cain's series and turning her evil, killing Gert in Runaways, the new Avengers Academy series, etc. And I've been known to go on a bit of a rant or two about them. But making threats? That's just ridiculous.

I'm the same way. I've been hating on what's being done with the X-Men lately, but I would never even think about threatening another person's life just because I didn't care for the changes being done. That's just wrong on so many levels.
#16 Posted by KingSolomon (161 posts) - - Show Bio

He did say people are going to want to kill him... does not make it right thougth

#17 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

these are fictional characters,  they are not real. i think death threats are stupid towards  a writer

#18 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Twitter is full of those kind of people. I'm sure he knows not to take rapid fanboys seriously.

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

I love that his Twitter background is a meme-Spidey "HATERS GONNA HATE" because of this.

Gotta love him.

He embraces pretty much everything with humor. It's an admirable trait.

#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12418 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Gotta love him.

He embraces pretty much everything with humor. It's an admirable trait.

.....i just noticed that there is naked man booty in your avi.............

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.