Follow

Damon Lindelof

Person » Damon Lindelof is credited in 23 issues.

One of the creators of the TV phenomenon Lost, he is the writer for the much delayed Ultimate Wolverine Vs Hulk.

LOST Season 1 & 2 On Blu-ray

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    I have said it before, LOST is my favorite television show.  This was a show that I bought on DVD even though I had watch every episode as they aired.  The hardest part is waiting in between seasons for the next one to start.  Our yearly tradition is to start back at the beginning and just plow through them up until the premiere of the new season. 

When Season 3 came out on Blu-ray, there was no question as to whether or not I'd spend a little more to get the HD experience.  I also got Season 4 on Blu-ray.  I was a little bummed knowing that my copies of the first two season were merely on DVD.  Now the choice that has to be made by those that do own the seasons on DVD is, should you upgrade to Blu-ray?

To me, it's an easy choice.  This is a show that deserves to be seen in HD.  You could even argue that the location of the show is just as important as the lead actors.  It's simply a feast for your eyes.  If you're thinking that you've already spend your money on the DVDs and don't want to give the studio more of your hard earned money, they are offering a rebate.  There is a $20 mail in rebate if you buy the Blu-ray and send in the receipt and the proof-of-purchase from the DVD and Blu-ray.  From what I see in the fine print, you can do it for both season individually.  That will make paying for the Blu-rays a little easier.

No Caption Provided
    I know a common complaint about the show is one of confusion.  Since I have watch the episodes a few times, I'm always amazed at how it all fits together.  You can always wonder if the writers/creators really know the whole story or if they're just making it up as they go.  Either way, it's brilliant.  With each new season, going back and watching the previous episodes is like a treat.  It's like it unlocks more doors as you start to see more of the big picture.  Often, something taken for granted the first time around has a whole new meaning after the subsequent seasons have aired.

If the HD experience of the show wasn't enough, you also have a load of special features.  Whether it's on location shooting, conspiracy videos, bloopers or deleted scenes, there are hours of content that will keep you busy and justify the cost.

No Caption Provided

Another minor feature of the Blu-rays that I think is really cool is the "SeasonPlay" feature.  Basically, if you remove a disc and put it back in later, you will be asked if you'd like to continue from where you left off.  It's a great feature unless you have 2,124 minutes (the combine running time of both seasons) and plan on having an ultra-marathon without any breaks.

It was like Christmas came early for me last week having the chance to watch these in HD in June rather than wait until the end of the year to watch them all.  What is my rating for this?  Is there any question?  Both seasons get a 5 out of 5.  It's a great show and seeing it in HD just adds so much more to it.  The excruciating part now is having to wait until Season 5.  Seasons 1 & 2 on Blu-ray were released today, June 16, 2009.

No Caption Provided

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

I'm probably the only person alive who has never watched Lost. Are these worth getting if you have never seen the show before?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

YES

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3  Edited By The_Martian

I'll take that as I should really consider buying these:P

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Tyler Starke

I don't even have a blu ray player, is it That much different from a dvd I mean Mind Blowingly Different, oh lost is my favorite show as well, and I haven't bought a single lost dvd yet, I could make the plunge into blue ray for this

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

Like I said, it's my favorite show.  Even when Heroes was good, I liked this better.  The people I've talked to that didn't like it were ones that didn't watch it from the beginning.  Or they just knew something small like a polar bear in the jungle.  Everything here has a reason.  You just have to watch them.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tyler Starke
    @G-Man:  Did you like the latest season, it feels like something was kinda missing for me, maybe it was the jumpsuits I dunno or not enough jungle romping, Don't get me wrong the last few episodes kinda made up for it, but as a whole it just didn't go with he lost flow whatever that means, and they did one thing that really pissed me off. can't really go into it here though
    Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Joe Venom

Im a huge Lost fan, so this is great news for me you just helped me save 40 well needed bucks. I do not not own many Blu-ray  movies, but as you said Lost is well worth the HD experience.

Reaper 13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Reaper 13
    @Nobody: This is probably one of the best shows out these days.  At first I really didn't like the show.  It was not because the show was crap or anything, quite the contrary.  It was because it left me with sooooo many bloody questions and there is always a firkin cliff hanger after just about every show that I couldn't wait the week between shows.  In any case pick they up you'll be glad you did.
    LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LastSon1027

So I take it you will be enormously sad when it ends next season G-Man.

goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By goosehorn

theres so much they done with this show i cant keep up and iv watched this show from the very begining

SuperCoonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SuperCoonce
    The_Martian said:
    I'm probably the only person alive who has never watched Lost. Are these worth getting if you have never seen ... [more]
    dude - i've never seen an episode of lost either.... heard its great. and i heard this season they're really starting to tie all of the loose strings together. hot sauce!
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Media_Master

Nice!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.