Would you care is DC killed off Damian Wayne?

  • 99 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd Throw a Party

#52 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102: lol! Really?
#53 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
Yeah!! Wanna Come?
#54 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102:
NO!
#55 Posted by Planewalker (329 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think DC will kill a 10 year old character so it's not even a issue..

#56 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:

"So far I do not like him very much, but I think that they could mold him into someone interesting. But if they kill him, I still would not care.  "


Hows this?  

 
I know it's only one panel, but it's GREAT new characterization for him.
#57 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102: Why not? Is there gonna be girls?
#58 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian as Robin is the best new character of DC in years by far

#59 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
OF COURSE!!!
#60 Edited by ChadwickDavis (444 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs:
@Gambler said:

"I've never been a big fan of Damian Wayne. But Batman #666 showed me what he could be as an adult. That comic was straight up badass and so was Damian Wayne. So far in BFTC he's being written like some grade school retard as opposed to the League of Assassin trained killer he is. I'mma give him a chance. For now."


While personally I hate him as a character, I actually like him for that very reason. Granted I sound like I have contradicted myself, but hear me out.  
He is cocky, hotheaded, reckless, and has a god complex so yes he annoys me, but to comparehim to Jason Todd is actually an insult to him. While they both have similar character traits, Jason was poverty stricken and got his job as Robin by trying to take the Batmobile to the chop shop while Damian was born as the grandson of Ra's al Ghul, and the son of Batman and Talia. Jason's power trip is due to outrage and psychosis where Damian's is due to self perceived elitism. Think of Batman having Tony Stark as a son, without the physical handicaps, given everything he ever wanted, and trained by the the most renowned combatants on the planet.  
 
You hate the character because he is a prick, but there is still something appealing about the guy everyone loves to hate. And unlike Stark he actually has the potential to become a renowned figure who is not about money, sex, ego, and big, toys. I would be upset if they killed off Damian because there is so much untapped potential...and Batman #666 also improved my opinion of him.             
#61 Posted by God_Spawn (38302 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just not up for Bruce having a kid but someone does need to fit in as Robin for now and i like Drake as Red Robin so i guess Damian does have a purpose for now but the big question to me is what is gonna happen when Bruce comes back is he gonna be Batman or is he Grayson going to carry the mantle and bruce will become captain bruce wayne just like Steve Rogers...but in all seriousness i think the way things are being written hes doing fine even if im not a fan and if dick goes back to being night wing maybe bruce will spend more time with his son but id like it better if damian went off and returned to the Ra's group he would be a decent villain but if he dies and comes back i dont want another Jason Todd thing happening i mean i love jason as the red hood hes one of my fave characters so i think if he was killed it would shake things up i wouldnt mind if he was killed at all. but its the possibility of what happens to the other characters is what i dont like
Moderator
#62 Posted by Mutant God (3079 posts) - - Show Bio

yes I would care
#63 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I would care...and it would be extremely lame on DC's part if they did so. I'm sure Damian's fan base is still sort of teetering, and I used to be one of the mass who hated him (I'm a Tim fan and I didn't like the cheap shot he got on Tim...) AND I wasn't very fond of him becoming Robin. But, I guess it works out for the best. Tim becomes his own man, Damian gets grooming as a hero, though his tenure still needs work, and Dick gets some growing out of this as well. Damian Wayne is too cool to be killed off >_> 
 
And now I'm done rambling hehe

#64 Posted by AMS (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I think it would be too late now as the character has made a big impact, love him or hate him. Although DC have done crazy stuff before like Cassandra Cain even though they are bringing her back to the Bat Family soon.

#65 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

Damien is a good character. There is no reason to kill him off. It wouldnt even affect Batman. Dick would be the one most upset.
#66 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah it wasn't a good idea that Batman even had a son in the first place gosh people these days.

#67 Posted by batman_is_god (1173 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrsJ:
He's ok. I would not care terribly if he died.
#68 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio
@andrea_mendoza1997 said:
"Nah it wasn't a good idea that Batman even had a son in the first place gosh people these days. "

Actually it was. 
as for damian i honestly would have laughed my A$$ off if morrison had killed him at the beginning of his run as intended but with his massive character development it will be somewhat disappointing if he dies(i mean why bother in the first place)
#69 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5498 posts) - - Show Bio

not one bit

#70 Posted by Falcon9 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I can honestly say no. I would not miss him at all. He has dark personality that just doesn't fit "him." Also, he seems so very out of place in the whole DC world. He doesn't contribute that much to the story, and the parts he has contributed could have easily been written in with another character. I say off him, Sentry to Ares style with Bane.

#71 Posted by Jade1977 (612 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd throw a party.

#72 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

i would laugh if half the children from Marvel and DC simply stopped existing, hell marvel will probably do an event of it by the end of the week...they never stop with the events...

#73 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio
@Falcon9 said:
"I can honestly say no. I would not miss him at all. He has dark personality that just doesn't fit "him." Also, he seems so very out of place in the whole DC world. He doesn't contribute that much to the story, and the parts he has contributed could have easily been written in with another character. I say off him, Sentry to Ares style with Bane. "

Bane doesnt kill kids.
#74 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jade1977 said:
"I'd throw a party. "

I'll can say the same about the green lantern trailer, 
dont like batman or batrelated stuff? then dont come to their boards just to hate.
#75 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"@Jade1977 said:
"I'd throw a party. "
I'll can say the same about the green lantern trailer, dont like batman or batrelated stuff? then dont come to their boards just to hate. "

People come to Jason Todd boards and hate all the time.I didn't know Damain has so many haters though
#76 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@mistersarcastic said:
"I would care...and it would be extremely lame on DC's part if they did so. I'm sure Damian's fan base is still sort of teetering, and I used to be one of the mass who hated him (I'm a Tim fan and I didn't like the cheap shot he got on Tim...) AND I wasn't very fond of him becoming Robin. But, I guess it works out for the best. Tim becomes his own man, Damian gets grooming as a hero, though his tenure still needs work, and Dick gets some growing out of this as well. Damian Wayne is too cool to be killed off >_>   And now I'm done rambling hehe "


Well... I think Tim becoming his own man wan't necessary for the best. I liked the Idea of Tim being a guy who simply wanted to "do my [his] time as Robin" (that's kind of a quote). He wouldn't go on to become a Nightwing he wanted to do his part as Robin to help the city, and then would move on. *sigh* I guess his character developed after his father's death, he wouldn't have anywhere to move on to.  

As for Damian, yes I would care. He has a potential of growing to be a good character because of Grayson. I don't want that ruined.

#77 Posted by entropy_aegis (15438 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
"@entropy_aegis said:
"@Jade1977 said:
"I'd throw a party. "
I'll can say the same about the green lantern trailer, dont like batman or batrelated stuff? then dont come to their boards just to hate. "
People come to Jason Todd boards and hate all the time.I didn't know Damain has so many haters though "

Like their  opinions matter,valid criticism is welcome,but i guess bad boys will always be hated.
#78 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"@daredevil21134 said:
"@entropy_aegis said:
"@Jade1977 said:
"I'd throw a party. "
I'll can say the same about the green lantern trailer, dont like batman or batrelated stuff? then dont come to their boards just to hate. "
People come to Jason Todd boards and hate all the time.I didn't know Damain has so many haters though "
Like their  opinions matter,valid criticism is welcome,but i guess bad boys will always be hated. "

Yeah I guess so bro,no matter how cool  they are
#79 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" Not even a little bit. "
#80 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

It's to late he is to stapled into the Morrisonverse now

#81 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@karrob said:
" @erik said:
" Not even a little bit. "
"

Damn thats harsh
#82 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian Wayne = EPIC WIN!







Batman & Robin #10



 
^____________^
#83 Posted by HolySerpent (12806 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"Damian Wayne = EPIC WIN!

 


 


 


Batman & Robin #10


 
  ^____________^ "

NIce, very nice
#84 Posted by biglou2013 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

i think they should kill off he dosen,t make a good robin to me he kills batman dosen,t kill dc comics batman needs a new robin like john blake form dark knight rise

#85 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian's more than earned his place. So I'd be a bit sad.

#86 Posted by lindseypronk (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoy Damian as a character. I even look for things he's in just to read. He brings a lot of things to the table, and it'd be a real shame if they killed him off. I think over the years he's really changed from the character who was first introduced in Issue Batman #655

#87 Posted by End_Boss (735 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be a little bummed, but I can see it happening. Even if it isn't the way Morrison intended it, I like that Damian has become a fixture of the Batman family. He's an interesting character.

#88 Posted by herrweis (437 posts) - - Show Bio

please kill him

#89 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the little rugrat! I can't wait for 15, maybe 20 years from now when he's aged into a young adult

#90 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I would CELEBRATE hard core and get wasted if they kill Damian off, it would be the best day of my life, i hate damian, hate his whole guts, hes a disgrace to the batfamily and the robin legacy, hes evil, a villain and a murderer.

#91 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

I'd be a little bummed, but I can see it happening. Even if it isn't the way Morrison intended it, I like that Damian has become a fixture of the Batman family. He's an interesting character.

I've actually always gotten the feeling that Morrison completely intended for Damian to be a permanent member of the Batfamily, his legacy as a writer if you will.

Yes though i'd care if they killed him, though I don't think it'd last anyways.

#92 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian should run off to Earth 2 with Helena and Karen.

#93 Posted by TDK_1997 (15069 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.He is a big bad ass and really interesting character for me.I will be hurt.

#94 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't a fan of the character in the beginning...but then, I wasn't supposed to be.

Damien ranged from insufferable to horrifying at first...but has grown.

Since DC has removed the Death of Jason Todd from Batman's conscience, the death of Damien would be an even better catalyst.

#95 Posted by ComicStooge (13943 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh the irony...

#96 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio
went ouch like a man
Guess Heretic is a pro-choice
#97 Posted by BlackWind (7188 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

Not even a little bit.
#98 Edited by Lanzslyde (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I would. And it's unfortunate that he did get killed. Hopefully, DC will bring him back. I'm certain he would make a great future Batman, if he had great writers.

#99 Posted by ComicStooge (13943 posts) - - Show Bio

I would. And it's unfortunate that he did get killed. Hopefully, DC will bring him back. I'm certain he would make a great future Batman, if he had great writers.

He'll be back man, Ra's stole his body recently.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.