will there be a solo series for him?

#1 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so...

#2 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe when he grows up :))

#3 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the better question is, who would(can) write him?

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

not anytime soon

#5 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

Andy Kubert has been rumored to be working on one. Hope it is really happening sounds cool.

#6 Posted by noj (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

A Grant Morrison/Andy Kubert Robin solo would be pretty rad, but I just cant see Morrison being down for that. Bryan Miller wrote a pretty good Damian in his Batgirl series, and Paul Dini's version of him in Streets of Gotham was pretty good too, so either of them teaming up with Kubert would make a good book.

However I think the best possible Damian series would be Morrison/Kubert writing grown up Damian as Batman!

#7 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the 666 Damian, if they age him he needs to look more like his Kingdom Come counterpart, with the prominent eyebrows and Mid eastern features. The bald headed one looks so plain, I get they were going for Grant Morrison's look but it's a little too cheesy with the 90's style pointy shoulderpads and leatherjacket.

#8 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be more interested in a futureworld book with him as Batman than a book with him as Robin solo.

#9 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

eh..when he gets a bit older

#10 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the batbooks rake in a ton of sales, but I seriously don't think we can handle anymore than we currently have. Maybe when some of the current ones are finished/cancelled. Even then, if Damian gets a solo title before Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, or Capt. Marvel does I'll be pissed.

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

I know the batbooks rake in a ton of sales, but I seriously don't think we can handle anymore than we currently have. Maybe when some of the current ones are finished/cancelled. Even then, if Damian gets a solo title before Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, or Capt. Marvel does I'll be pissed.

Because Martian Manhunter did so well last time...

@fodigg said:

I'd be more interested in a futureworld book with him as Batman than a book with him as Robin solo.

You got your wish,a mini should be announced shortly.

@SmoothJammin said:

I don't like the 666 Damian, if they age him he needs to look more like his Kingdom Come counterpart, with the prominent eyebrows and Mid eastern features. The bald headed one looks so plain, I get they were going for Grant Morrison's look but it's a little too cheesy with the 90's style pointy shoulderpads and leatherjacket.

You're out of luck.

#12 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Has it been confirmed that's what they're doing?

#13 Posted by entropy_aegis (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

Didio dropped a hint a while ago,Kubert has confirmed it.(Damian series most likely based on the future versions).

#14 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@SmoothJammin said:

Didio dropped a hint a while ago,Kubert has confirmed it.(Damian series most likely based on the future versions).

I'd purchase it but for whatever reason I think it would only ruin the character. He's changed so much since when he was first introduced. Much of his dialogue in Batman and Son compared to now reads entirely different

#15 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@SmoothJammin said:

Yeah i saw that on the announcement for his 2-issue fill on Action Comics. I kinda want a Bryan Q. Miller/Dustin Nguyen ongoing. I know both of them have secret bat-projects they are working on.

#16 Posted by ME24601 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he needs to age a bit before he can handle a solo comic.

#17 Posted by War Killer (20199 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could handle his own series, be cool to see him in a public school and build up his own supporting cast and villains.

#18 Posted by The_Tree (7463 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love for one, hopefully it'd be just as good as the Tim's series.

#19 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I would read it...

#20 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but I don't see it coming now

#21 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

not anytime soon

WHAT THIS GUY SAID.

#22 Posted by RoboShark (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be a solid book.

#23 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

A Grant Morrison/Andy Kubert Robin solo would be pretty rad, but I just cant see Morrison being down for that. Bryan Miller wrote a pretty good Damian in his Batgirl series, and Paul Dini's version of him in Streets of Gotham was pretty good too, so either of them teaming up with Kubert would make a good book.

However I think the best possible Damian series would be Morrison/Kubert writing grown up Damian as Batman!

would it be a spin off of the damian you see in batman #666

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.