Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1894 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

Why Damian Wayne is Awesome

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Edited By batmannflash
    No Caption Provided

For today's blog from my series "Why___ is Awesome," I will be stating my reasons as to why I think Damian Wayne is awesome. Shout-out to @battle_forum_junkie

1. Son of the Bat

Damian is fairly similar to Batman himself. They're both stubborn, tough, and are warriors. I like Damian because of his personality. I like his arrogant, bad-boy behavior. Even though he's a little kid, he's cocky and isn't afraid of anything. Reminds me a lot of his old man. He and Stephanie Brown are the funniest Bat-family members out there. So, not only is he badass and awesome, but he's also funny and can bring a nice balance of light and darkness.

2. He Made Things Happen (spoilers for Grant Morrison's run)

No Caption Provided

Damian was never one of those characters that were just "there." He wasn't a side character that was present just for the sake of being present. He made things happen. Granted, he's a fairly new character, but I like him because events were always happening with him. He was introduced in "Batman & Son," which was huge, and was a big star in Morrison's "Batman and Robin" series. He played a significant role in "Injustice: Gods Among Us" the comic book series and the current "Batman and Robin" series, which is written really well by Peter Tomasi. Finally, he was part of a very big event in Batman's life. His death. His stories were always active and he became a pivotal part in many stories.

3. Change

When Damian was first introduced, a lot of people hated him. He was a jerk and nearly killed Tim Drake. He disrespected everyone, even Batman. However, over time, he has grown a lot. He's still a jerk and a lot of people hate him, but he has grown nonetheless. Even before the New 52, in Morrison's "Batman and Robin" series, Dick Grayson started to trust him as the new Robin. Damian fought alongside Dick and became a reliable ally. When Bruce came back, he learned respect him and treat him as a father. Damian states that being Robin was the best thing to ever happen to him, showing that he grew to like fighting crime. We've seen him become more and more of a hero and now a lot of people sympathize with him.

4. Potential

No Caption Provided

The young Wayne has a lot of potential for the future. He's still really young, so I'm excited to see how he will turn out. It's obvious that he won't stay as Robin forever. Dick became Nightwing, Jason became Red Hood, and Tim became Red Robin. What will happen to Damian? Will we actually see his potential future of Damian being the Batman? Like I said, he's still very young and I expect many more stories centered around him will come along. In point two, I noted that his stories are active and stuff always seems to be happening when he's around. So, I'm enthusiastic to see what writers have in store for him. Not just in stories, but also in character depth. He has changed and grown already, but I see more change in him and becoming a deeper character.

5. Bat-Cow

Because. It's Bat-Cow.

No Caption Provided

6. Interactions

Damian Wayne's interactions with others is always entertaining to see. It's always fun to see his relationships with others, like Bruce, Dick, Tim, Jason, Stephanie, Barbara, Cassandra, Alfred, and so on. To some, he's rude and sarcastic. To some others, he plain hates them. While to others, he respects them. No matter how cold Damian may seem, there are even some that he cares about, and those who care about him in return. I enjoy seeing Damian and Dick as a team together, Jason and Damian fighting, and Damian making fun of Steph and Tim. Most of all, I like seeing the father son relationship between Damian and Bruce (and Alfred). Tomasi has done a fantastic job of writing about their relationship in the "Batman and Robin" series.

Sigh
    Sigh

No Caption Provided

Thoughts? Like what you see? Follow me for the more of "Why____ is Awesome!"

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Sweet blog. Damian is a boss! My favorite Robin.

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

DON'T FORGET ABOUT BAT COW!!!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batmannflash

Sweet blog. Damian is a boss! My favorite Robin.

Thanks!

DON'T FORGET ABOUT BAT COW!!!

Oh I forgot!

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Nice

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Another awesome blog. I always thought Damian was one of the most complex characters out there. And it wouldn't have been possible without Morrison's amazing writing. I hope they do more stories with Damian as Batman.

PS: Hope you don't mind me skip a section. I haven't finished Grant Morrison's run yet and I didn't want any spoilers.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: it's okay. There's actually no spoilers, except for the New 52 Batman Inc series, which I think you've read. So you're okay to read that

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By GeekyEverAfter

Cool blog! I couldn't agree with you more. Damian was one of my favorite Robins and he'll truly be missed.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Knightfall225

Great blog

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: Awesome blog dude, he's my favorite Robin, I'm really excited for his upcoming miniseries, I really hope DC turns this into a ongoing.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Thanks! Yes I would read an ongoing Damian series

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Marionettegeist

I have to admit, I like Batcow more than Damain. Don't let Batcow become obscure again, just because Morrison isn't writing Batman anymore. She should be an important feature of the batcave, much like the giant penny and dinosaur!

No Caption Provided

EDIT: Plus it'd be kind of screwed up if Batman kicked his dead son's pet out.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Meh, I still prefer Ibn al Xu'ffasch from Kingdom Come.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

They're kind of same person, Ibn was the charming prince type and Damian was more arrogant badass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@squares said:

They're kind of same person, Ibn was the charming prince type and Damian was more arrogant badass.

Well, Ibn was also much older...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@rustyroy said:

@squares said:

Yeah but even when Damian grows up in the 666 AU, he's not like Ibn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@squares said:

@rustyroy said:

@squares said:

Yeah but even when Damian grows up in the 666 AU, he's not like Ibn.

So I don't see why you're saying they're essentially the same person. Sure, they're alternate reality versions of a character, but aren't they pretty different people?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

So I don't see why you're saying they're essentially the same person. Sure, they're alternate reality versions of a character, but aren't they pretty different people?

I was saying they're kind of the same person with different personalities, Ibn can still be considered a different version of Damian and vice versa, Batman also has many different AU versions like Nightmare Batman, Gaslight Batman etc. but he's still Batman and those versions are part of him, so Ibn also is a part of Damian, that's all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.