Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1882 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

Why Damian Is Overated.

Avatar image for imtheamazingspiderman
    ImTheAmazingSpiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Complaining Brat that can fight. 'Nuff said.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrShway88

I think more detail is needed for a convincing argument. Sounds more like a hate thread without reason.

Dru_zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dru_zod

@ImTheAmazingSpiderman: What??????????

@MrShway88: Agreed

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By SupBatz

If anything, I'd say he's underrated. A pretty large number of people hate him. I love him though - I feel like he's always interesting to read about.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By X9

@SupBatz said:

If anything, I'd say he's underrated. A pretty large number of people hate him. I love him though - I feel like he's always interesting to read about.

Hehe, makes sense...

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By JohnnyWalker

i was like you at first but then the character developed and he started to grow on me. the little bugger.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By SoA

he actually is a good character and is a good fit , unless u got names wrong bc complaining brat who fights sounds more like jason not-motivated-waste-of-space todd aka red damn-im-boring hood

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal19

really, hes a really good charecter and is getting a whole lot of hate. i really like his charecter he's become my favorite robin

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By selinaky

I thought he was generally disliked, but I think his character is not bad. I actually quite like him.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By r3d_rob1n

The only problem I have with Damian's character now is his age. I simply can't justify a 10 year old beating some of the people he fights. I understand skill overcoming the average crooks. However, when he faces somebody with the slightest bit of training his stature and strength should lead him to lose.

I hated the kid at the beginning, mostly because he forced out Drake. Luckily the Red Robin series took off and Damian has grown to be a more sympathetic character. If he was 14-15, then I think the character would be vastly improved.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrShway88

Apparently there seems to be an extreme view on Damian. People either love him or hate.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Onemoreposter

@r3d_rob1n said:

The only problem I have with Damian's character now is his age. I simply can't justify a 10 year old beating some of the people he fights. I understand skill overcoming the average crooks. However, when he faces somebody with the slightest bit of training his stature and strength should lead him to lose.

I hated the kid at the beginning, mostly because he forced out Drake. Luckily the Red Robin series took off and Damian has grown to be a more sympathetic character. If he was 14-15, then I think the character would be vastly improved.

He's a Robin. Dick was 8 when started kicking criminal ass. Damien has been trained from birth by some of the deadliest people on the planet. He was brought to term in a tank, so if you have some problems with the sheer physicality of a ten year old being able to match some of these opponents, then just assume Talia had a slight bit of genetic modification going on.

Plus a human at age 10 is extremely light. I think you'd be surprised how fast, agile, and acrobatic one of those little suckers could be if trained at brutally as Damien was.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KnightRise

@ImTheAmazingSpiderman: @MrShway88 said:

more detail is needed for a convincing argument. Sounds more like a hate thread without reason.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

The only people that hate Damian are the ones that haven't read Morrison's run in order. He starts off unlikeable on purpose. That's his entire character arc.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I hated him for a long time, but recently he's started to grow on me as his character has developed more.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By ragdollpurps

He's little arse but that's what makes him enjoyable. Same as why Emma's btchiness makes her great. Hate her guts but she's a great character. If all characters were likable fiction in general would be extremely boring.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

He's a robin that offers something different, He isn't lil happy go lucky Boy wonder. That's why I like him at least.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#18  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Wow dude....compelling arguement........ok not really.

Avatar image for canadiancrusader
    CanadianCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By CanadianCrusader

@ImTheAmazingSpiderman: Agreed.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Surkit

@ImTheAmazingSpiderman said:

You just described every Robin, I still like them all. Damien's a fresh breath, at least he isn't soft. That kid is TOUGH

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By YMCMB

He's fun and way more interesting than Tim. He's unique and different than the other Robins, he might be a little brat but that's kinda what makes him feel like a breath of fresh air compared to Dick and Tim. Most of the people who say they hate him either only read the beginning/middle of Morrison's run, or didn't read it at all and just formed their opinion from Tomasi's Batman and Robin. Damian is more of an underrated character, in my opinion anyway.

GeekyEverAfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By GeekyEverAfter

Damian Wayne is one of my favorite robins. Sure, he may be a bit arrogant, but that doesn't make him a bad character. This kid Kicks-Ass!

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By daak1212

I like Damian for that reason. Batman and Robin one, where Bruce was giving the speech about his parents and Damian was bored to tears entertained me.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By batmanary

@ImTheAmazingSpiderman said:

Nice. So instead of posting a well thought out argument, you decide to say what amounts to nothing. The fact that you decided to neither put an argument nor state anything consequential leads me to simply deduce that you aren't looking to make a justification for yourself, but to let others make points against and for you rather than actually being productive about it.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian's the most hated Robin there is. I'm not sure how he can possibly be overrated. I think people need to read Morrison's entire run on him to really get a good feel for the character and then judge him. He's not the best Robin by any means, but he's a little more than people make him out to be.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vernierhawk001

I actually am starting to like this kid. He can be a jerk but...idk...he's growing on me. I think he is important for the Batman continuity....and he did a lot for Grayson's character (probably his most redeeming quality). I think it will be interesting to see him as he grows up (what persona he takes, when he finally takes the cowl, etc)

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

Quick question what does it mean when Damian Wayne goes "TT"? I never understood that

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@ImTheAmazingSpiderman: You're hilarious. For someone to be overrated they have to be thought of highly by a majority of the people. Damien is a very controversial character, dude, he's not Wolverine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.