Who is Damians father figue?

#1 Posted by magicman620 (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys,
Do you think Dick is more of father figure to Damian then Bruce was?  I know Damin is not the easiest to get along with but i feel that Dick Grayson has really stepped up since Bruce's brief departure. I know Bruce is an awesome guy and i am really glad that he is back  Anyway let me know what your opinion is. Bye!

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

probably or an older brother figure
#3 Posted by countvontrey (419 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
" probably or an older brother figure "
Yeah. I can see that.
#4 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

indeed. dick has helped damien
#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is more like an older brother figure

#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (11850 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is both

#7 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick has helped him a lot, but Damian still doesn't respect Dick like he does Bruce.

#8 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson. Alfred Pennyworth. Both good friends and mentors to Damian

#9 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

alfred
#10 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
@jayskee said:
" alfred "
really
#11 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob:
who else would it be?
#12 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is more of an older brother type. I like Damian, but sometimes he is too bratty.
#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (11850 posts) - - Show Bio

lol
#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk, Dick to me seems more like a foster dad to Damien then a brother.
#15 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:
" indeed. dick has helped damien "
Hahaha.
#16 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dick is trying to give Damian someone to look up to because he sounds like a more friendly Bruce wayne when he is teaching him things and thinks he is a good example because he has to go through a lot of things Dick did. I think he is more of a responsible big brother.

#17 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96 said:
" I think Dick is trying to give Damian someone to look up to because he sounds like a more friendly Bruce wayne when he is teaching him things and thinks he is a good example because he has to go through a lot of things Dick did. I think he is more of a responsible big brother. "
Yep!
#18 Posted by -Eclipse- (7588 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96: Definitely. I think the 'older brother' approach Dick is taking is probably what has caused Damian to improve so much in Bruce's absence. Damian would try to rebel from his father, but most kids imitate their big brothers. He doesn't get along with Tim, the 'middle child' (we'll leave Jason, the 'black sheep' out of this analogy) but both Tim and Damian follow Dick's example, often more than they follow Bruce's.
#19 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree Dick is more of an older brother, but he hasn't had a father figure until now, now that Bruce has returned. Seeing them interact will be interesting. We didn't see much exchange between them before Bats was killed.

#20 Posted by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" Idk, Dick to me seems more like a foster dad to Damien then a brother. "
I think there were hints of that. And, perhaps, if Bruce had been dead and gone then Dick would have become more of that for Damian. Now that Bruce is back I think that the relationship will become more firmly defined as an older brother. I'm really interested in seeing Bruce finally step into the role of father for Damian. He's never really spent much time with his son. It's going to be complicated and messy for the two of them to forge a more meaningful bond and that may be complicated by Dick being the one who Damian currently feels close to and respectful of. It's definitely a really interesting story and one that I'm looking forward to seeing more of as Bruce's return is explored in further detail.
#21 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@ScarlettLynn:
Bruce tried working with Damien after Bruces return and he couldnt do it. Dick pleaded with Bruce to allow Damien to continue as Robin under Dicks guidance. With Bruce being gone so much, things havent seemed to change between Dick and Damien. It reminds me of a friend i had in school. She grew up knowing she was adopted but never knew her real parents. She looked like she was related to her foster mother and in her teen years, she found out her foster mothers sister was her real mom. So now she knows her mom is her aunt and her aunt is her mom but she still see's it as her foster mother (her aunt) is her real mom. 

Damien might know who is dad really is but he is being raised (father - son) by Dick w/ the help of Alfred
#22 Posted by Billy Batson (58029 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" Dick is more like an older brother figure "
#23 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Father figure.
#24 Posted by laussica (80 posts) - - Show Bio

atm dick is a father figure to damien but maybe in the fiture we will get more interaction between damien and bruce, maybe one day he will be able to join batman inc but i think thats still a far way away

#25 Posted by JK23 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is definitely more of an older brother, even if was to have stayed "dead". Damian idolises Bruce.

#26 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now Alfred more then Dick
#27 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"Dick is more like an older brother figure"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.