When Damian returns how cool would it be if...

#1 Edited by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

he started using the Batman Beyond costume?

I'd rather him start making the suit at 17 years old, it would make more sense like that. He has the smarts and the skill to make a Bat suit, like the one above. Or Bruce could have made that Bat suit for Tim Drake, and when Damian returns he could steal it. I think this would make a good origin for the Batman suit, if it already doesn't have one. Or Tim Drake could have made the suit for himself, that could be believable. I doubt Damian would use this suit if he returned.

So what do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Avenger85 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be really cool IMHO.

#3 Posted by The Average Bear (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, I don't think this is Damians style.

#4 Posted by RustyRoy (11858 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just thinking the same thing the other day after seeing the AoU Spider-Man preview. It would be very cool though I'd like it less shiny and less skin tight.

#5 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

But Damian already has an awesome batman suit.

#6 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

That would be really cool IMHO.

Thank you, glad you agree!

@The Average Bear said:

Nah, I don't think this is Damians style.

Idk, it has built in claws and it has rocket boots. And its all black, I could see him using the suit.

@RustyRoy said:

I was just thinking the same thing the other day after seeing the AoU Spider-Man preview. It would be very cool though I'd like it less shiny and less skin tight.

Age of Ultron? With spider technology Doc Ock made? That part was cool.

@fodigg said:

But Damian already has an awesome batman suit.

If Damian does return it would be cool that he starts using that suit, like in B&R Annual 1. I just thought it would be cool to give the suit an origin. I think Damian would be perfect to have used it first.

#7 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, he'll probably start calling himself something different.

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12851 posts) - - Show Bio

more of a Tim Drake/Terry Mcginnis thing

#9 Posted by gettogaara (164 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on how Damian reacts when he returns. Like Jason, he might be so pissed that his dad couldn't drop him in a Lazarus Pit that he doesn't want to be associated with the Batman title anymore. If he has a more positive reaction though, then I think he should use the suit from Batman Annual. Using the Beyond suit is a cool idea but they've already built up his......BatPimp suit.

#10 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: @fodigg: This suit!

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6424 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft yea it would be awesome he makes the suit when he in his late 20s uses it think its cool and bad ass but I miss my I'm Batman suit and goes back to the coat.

#12 Posted by consolemaster001 (5124 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome !

#13 Posted by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#14 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did he have to die..... :'(

#15 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not saying I hate him, because I've actually grown to like him, but since he died, he had better stay dead for quite a while. That is all I have to say.

#16 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

If Damian doesn't return within five years, he won't return. Period.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (14644 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.Not his style.

#18 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

he'll be back, but I don't see him wearing that costume.

#19 Posted by daredevil21134 (11334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

Barry Allen and Jason Todd would disagree with you

#20 Posted by Teerack (5711 posts) - - Show Bio

If he used a batman beyond type suit i think it be interesting it the suit kept him alive similar to the way Cyborg is.

#21 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: that would be pretty awesome OP

#22 Posted by _Cain_ (23664 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be badass.

#23 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Reignmaker said:

Barry Allen and Jason Todd aren't biological children of a character who will never age. Damian is more analogous to the marriage of Lois and Clark. It's a cool storyline that fans will throw money at, but DC has no interest in making it permanent fixture.

Unless someone within DC Comics sees the value of making a futuristic bat book with Damian, I'm fairly certain he's going to be retconned from existence when the universe reboots again.

#24 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it would be cool at all.

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (11334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Reignmaker said:

Barry Allen and Jason Todd aren't biological children of a character who will never age. Damian is more analogous to the marriage of Lois and Clark. It's a cool storyline that fans will throw money at, but DC has no interest in making it permanent fixture.

Unless someone within DC Comics sees the value of making a futuristic bat book with Damian, I'm fairly certain he's going to be retconned from existence when the universe reboots again.

I hope he is

#26 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Reignmaker said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Reignmaker said:

I hope he is

:(

#27 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

some random writer would eventually bring him back

#28 Posted by RustyRoy (11858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Reignmaker said:

Franklin Richards's still hanging out in the MU so was Daken until his father killed him. Biological or not Bruce has three more sons other than Damian if they can survive and brought back from the dead then Damian can too since he is actually more popular than Tim or Jason.

#29 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

no....that's Terry's suit....IF Damian ever comes back he should get his own identity...plus what would they call him...it's one thing to have a Batgirl and Batwoman but a Batboy would be ridiculous and with that suit on there aren't to many other options

#30 Posted by ccraft (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

no....that's Terry's suit....IF Damian ever comes back he should get his own identity...plus what would they call him...it's one thing to have a Batgirl and Batwoman but a Batboy would be ridiculous and with that suit on there aren't to many other options

Terry didn't make the Batman Beyond suit, he stole it from the Batcave. I doubt Bruce ever wore the suit, so who made it? That's all i'm saying.

#31 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@danhimself said:

Terry didn't make the Batman Beyond suit, he stole it from the Batcave. I doubt Bruce ever wore the suit, so who made it? That's all i'm saying.

Bruce did wear it..it was shown in the first episode

#32 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian the midnighter?

Damian the McGinnis?

#33 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy said:

@Reignmaker said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Reignmaker said:

Franklin Richards's still hanging out in the MU so was Daken until his father killed him. Biological or not Bruce has three more sons other than Damian if they can survive and brought back from the dead then Damian can too since he is actually more popular than Tim or Jason.

I understand your argument, and I hope you're right. But the FF was centered around family to begin with, so Franklin and Valeria will likely be around for a long time. Daken died so I think that's kind of a moot example. Not to mention it concerns a different company, with different philosophies.

Sure, I'll agree that Dick, Jason, and Tim are adopted sons, but they don't have the same aging effect on Batman's character that Damian does. The New 52 made it clear that DC was looking to make both Batman and Superman younger, hipper, and more relevant with the times. I'm pretty certain having biological children running around doesn't do a lot for that image. From DC's perspective, they don't need Damian. Robin is a position that can be filled by any number of characters. Tim Drake actually enjoyed greater popularity throughout the 90's and early 00's than Damian ever received.

If Damian comes back it will because there's a fan backlash of Hal-Jordan-like proportions. And I can only see that happening within the next five years before interest in Damian begins to subside. It sucks, because I think Damian brought many unique intangibles to the story, but I think DC opted to play it safe with this one.

#34 Posted by RustyRoy (11858 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@ccraft said:

@danhimself said:

I don't think he did in DCU.

@Reignmaker said:

@RustyRoy said:

@Reignmaker said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Reignmaker said:

I understand your argument, and I hope you're right. But the FF was centered around family to begin with, so Franklin and Valeria will likely be around for a long time. Daken died so I think that's kind of a moot example. Not to mention it concerns a different company, with different philosophies.

Sure, I'll agree that Dick, Jason, and Tim are adopted sons, but they don't have the same aging effect on Batman's character that Damian does. The New 52 made it clear that DC was looking to make both Batman and Superman younger, hipper, and more relevant with the times. I'm pretty certain having biological children running around doesn't do a lot for that image. From DC's perspective, they don't need Damian. Robin is a position that can be filled by any number of characters. Tim Drake actually enjoyed greater popularity throughout the 90's and early 00's than Damian ever received.

If Damian comes back it will because there's a fan backlash of Hal-Jordan-like proportions. And I can only see that happening within the next five years before interest in Damian begins to subside. It sucks, because I think Damian brought many unique intangibles to the story, but I think DC opted to play it safe with this one.

How can killing Damian make Bruce younger, people who read comics know that Bruce had a son, even if he's dead that won't make him younger , actually now that he's dead people who don't read comics will also know about him after all the publicity. And Tim's not that popular now as he used to be which is sad coz he was a great character but unfortunately he fell under the shadow of dick and that's exactly where I believe Damian succeeded. He made Robin his own thing, he never followed the footsteps of other Robin. He changed the mantle,made it his own differentiating it from others not to mention he received the mantle from the 1st robin. Even though Tim, Jason and Dick where different in their own ways but there was enough similarities to tell them apart for many readers but Damian was far too much different so people recognized him clearly. It was Grant Morrison's decision alone that killed Damian not DC's an if they get a chance they'll bring him back but that's gonna be tough.

#35 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy said:

@danhimself said:

@ccraft said:

@danhimself said:

of course he hasn't....the Batman Beyond suit has never been used in the DCU proper...only in the DCAU

#36 Posted by RustyRoy (11858 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@RustyRoy said:

@danhimself said:

@ccraft said:

@danhimself said:

of course he hasn't....the Batman Beyond suit has never been used in the DCU proper...only in the DCAU

Actually it has been used in the old DCU and there's a chance it exists in an alternate DCnU where Damian isn't dead.

#37 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy said:

@danhimself said:

@RustyRoy said:

@danhimself said:

@ccraft said:

@danhimself said:

Actually it has been used in the old DCU and there's a chance it exists in an alternate DCnU where Damian isn't dead.

issue?

#38 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy said:

How can killing Damian make Bruce younger, people who read comics know that Bruce had a son, even if he's dead that won't make him younger

You're assuming that all of this is going to remain canon. Look at DC's publishing history. Batman, Superman, and all these other characters frequently go through numerous reboots and retcons. Killing Damian did make Bruce younger. It made his image younger.

@RustyRoy said:

actually now that he's dead people who don't read comics will also know about him after all the publicity. And Tim's not that popular now as he used to be which is sad coz he was a great character but unfortunately he fell under the shadow of dick and that's exactly where I believe Damian succeeded.

Don't kid yourself about Damian's death making him more renowned. It's been done before so many times, it barely shocks anyone anymore. If Tim could be replaced (which he was), Damian can be replaced even easier. The outcry is going to have to be huge if you're looking for a resurrection.

@RustyRoy said:

It was Grant Morrison's decision alone that killed Damian not DC's an if they get a chance they'll bring him back but that's gonna be tough.

If Morrison didn't pull the trigger, another writer would have. Maybe not this year, maybe not next. But it would've happened. Morrison's greater body of Batman work will likely follow the same path of all those bizarre plot threads he was obsessed with - retconned out of existence.

#39 Posted by RustyRoy (11858 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@RustyRoy said:

@danhimself said:

@ccraft said:

@danhimself said:

Batman #700 I'm not sure though I don't have it anymore, my mom sold it without asking me.

@Reignmaker:

1st they just rebooted their universe so they aren't gonna reboot it for atleast next 15 years and DC isn't dumb enough to retcon a popular character like Damian.

2nd That did make Damian renowned he was in every news site and his death got a lot publicity. and

3rd In what basis are you stating that any writer other than Morrison would've killed him I'm sure Tomasi wouldn't let any writer other the Morrison to kill him.

#40 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy: I think I've provided enough spoon-feeding for one topic. If you disagree that's cool.

#41 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@RustyRoy said:

@danhimself said:

@RustyRoy said:

@danhimself said:

@ccraft said:

@danhimself said:

Batman #700 I'm not sure though I don't have it anymore, my mom sold it without asking me.

aw yeah it was there...I forgot about that....it kind of sucks that we don't really know who his mentor was in that timeline or even if that timeline still exists....it could have been Damian or it could have been Bruce....plus it appears that he's not the only Batman of that time either...it doesn't distinguish between Terry and the mystery Batman and Robin, and then it shows Batman and Robin One Million without telling if there was another time jump there either...it kind of implies that their all operating at the same time

#42 Posted by KidKraze (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Damian shouldn't return as "Batman Beyond" but instead as Red Bird. He will seek friendship in Drake's Teen Titans after being brought back to life, and a huge crossover called "The Return of Damian Wayne" will start. It is during this time that Batman will slowly start to accept Harper Row. Though seeking friendship with the Titans, he will likely go to the Outlaws as well. He will see his father when the time is right.

The storyline should go like:

Batman and Robin

Teen Titans

Rhato

Teen titans

Rhato

Batman and robin

Batman

Teen titans

Red hood and the outlaws

Batman and robin

Batgirl

Nightwing

Teen titans

Rhato

Batman and robin

Batman

#43 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (10039 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be Damian Al Ghul!!!!

Kill his mother and give Ras the boy he always wanted, then he goes and torture everybody in the Batfamily, heck even Jason with a joke about the fact he sound like him.

Jason: I did this, but i had a better costume and i sound way cooler that you kid.

The thing is that he never find any type of redemption, they fail with Damian, Jason had enough moral to have his redemption to change and be in his own messed up way some type of antihero.

Damian in the other hands, he is an antivillain, it looks he is helping people but he is actually making them worst and destroying them.

Damian dont wants revenger, he wanst to punish everybody that belive in the world and society, for being twisted.

#44 Edited by RustyRoy (11858 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

He should be Damian Al Ghul!!!!

Kill his mother and give Ras the boy he always wanted, then he goes and torture everybody in the Batfamily, heck even Jason with a joke about the fact he sound like him.

• Interesting idea.

The thing is that he never find any type of redemption, they fail with Damian, Jason had enough moral to have his redemption to change and be in his own messed up way some type of antihero.

Damian in the other hands, he is an antivillain, it looks he is helping people but he is actually making them worst and destroying them.

• Have to disagree. Damian was getting better with emotions and he was a good kid and could've been a great hero.

Damian dont wants revenger, he wanst to punish everybody that belive in the world and society, for being twisted.

• Not true.

#45 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10039 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: You know this if they bring him back right, dying and coming back would totally change many of his characteristics.

Also the fact he was getting better before getting kill, could explain why he start getting darker, he just star getting soft and gets kill, look what it did with Jason.

Again this if they bring him back, i dont belive Damian is going to be back as a happy kid or get back as he used to be.

#46 Posted by RustyRoy (11858 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: You know this if they bring him back right, dying and coming back would totally change many of his characteristics.

Also the fact he was getting better before getting kill, could explain why he start getting darker, he just star getting soft and gets kill, look what it did with Jason.

Again this if they bring him back, i dont belive Damian is going to be back as a happy kid or get back as he used to be.

Good points, it seems plausible.

#47 Posted by Primebonnick (1913 posts) - - Show Bio

well since ra's al ghul took his body i do see him coming back. The beyond batsuit would be epic though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.