That lil' jerk is breaking my heart (Isn't a love deception)

Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

With the last issue of Batman & Robin and my end-of-year read of Leviathan Strikes; I felt soooo sad, and most weirdly, I feel bad of Damian. Yeah is a f*cking little jerk and a son of a b*tch (literally), the opposite of our "perfect" concept of Dick as Robin but now I'm feeling bad for he

Why: When he meet his father, everybody saw he with a bad feeling (and he tried to kill Tim and hurted Alfred wich not helped).... then, his grandfather Ra's Al Ghul tried to "transfer" he into Damian's body (not a good thing), in Leviathan Strikes his Mom put a price on his head and now working with his father... well that makes things worst.

My conclusion

Poooor Lil' guy!!! :'(

#1 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Damian has had it rough...then again he is a member of the Bat Family so it kind of comes with the territory. Also spoilers for Leviathan Strikes

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll get over it, He's the son of the bat

#3 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Yeah Damian has had it rough...then again he is a member of the Bat Family so it kind of comes with the territory. Also spoilers for Leviathan Strikes

But I don't ruin the story, Did I?

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1 said:

@BlackArmor said:

But I don't ruin the story, Did I?

Not really but his mom putting a price on his head isn't common knowledge yet and from what I understand it's an important plot point

#5 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel slightly sorry for him but a lot of people have good reasons to hate him.

Although having a half a billion dollar bounty put on his head by his mum is just ridiculous! Anyone with a heart should feel sorry for him for that.

#6 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

It annoys me that most members of Bat Family can't see how much Damian wants to be a good guy and how much he's trying to have... well, a family!

He breaks my heart every now and then, but he's so amazing that he overcomes whatever he's feeling to rock again and make my fun. When Bruce was teling him that he could still see his mother's pearls rolling into the sewer, the 10 year-old boy answered "Life is a battlefield, father. Good people meet horrible fates, the same as bad ones" Then he basically said it was good that he moved on. How great is that?! I'd feel ashamed if I were Bruce XD

But, anyway, I wish the ones around Damian did more for him.Alfred seems to be the only one who gets him. Bruce should do EXACTLY what his butler tells him to do... but no XD Dick is the closest to him, but let's be honest: he doesn't do everything he can to help the boy. Especially now, he basically disappeared from Damian's life XD It'd be nice if they had a rebel/adviser relationship, seeing each other more often.

Nhaa, I'm just a great fan of that brat XD

#7 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9: I know kinda how he feels like

I learned for the bad way that no matter what you do your Mother/Father will never be proud of you, not at least you end being a copy of her/him-self.....how sad :(

And for Dick..... I actually I have seen them together few times on the DCnU ( I remember because I fan-girl-screamed then)

Then I dying to know what the hay happened to him after Batman, Incorporated #1 I AM WORRIED :'(

I'm fan of him too it's like

Tim > Bruce > Daredevil > Damian :D > Dick > Spidey > Iron Man > Plenty others

You can see how the Bat-family rules here >:D

#8 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: You know, one of the things I like most about Damian is that he ends up being fun or cute (like a child is supposed to be with their innocence and way to behave) most times. But there are times (the best times) when he's both fun AND cute. Look at his angry expression (and those cheeks) and what he says. I can't help laughing and saying "oown". Even though it's a sad sitution. It's a character that's doesn't have a heavy reading 70% of the time, so he touches you without making you cry your eyes out everytime or sth like that. Ok, now you probably think I see Damian as a teddy bear. Believe me, I don't, it was just the way I found to express myself.

About the parents thing, well... I wouldn't say they want their kids to be their copies. I'd say they want them to be even better than they are/were. I think every father and mother has expectations (great ones) about their childs and they want them to come true. But I got it. It's hard when you feel they don't. Or worse, when they actually say it.

So, you're worried about who after Batman Incorporated #1? Dick or Damian?! (I'm not sure if I'll read it; too expensive here) I like both of them but lately I think Damian's grown much more on me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.