Soooo Damian Wayne plans to.............(Possible spoiler)

  • 0 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read the solicit for Batman and Robin #11you know that Damian has decided to defeat each Robin.........starting with Jason Todd..........

BATMAN AND ROBIN #11

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY

On sale JULY 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

• DAMIAN makes good on his decision to defeat each ROBIN, and in a brilliant show of arrogance, starts with RED HOOD!

• The army of BATFREAKS is dead set on avenging their plight starts with the people of Gotham City!

]So. Any thoughts, any ideas on how Damian isn't going to y'know die?

New Development:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-07-09/Batman-and-Robin-comic-book-series/56115694/1

for the record I declare shenanigans

#2 Posted by badaboop (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoah, this is cool. I'm excited to see how this pans out.

#3 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

the fool

robin vs the red hood

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

seriously though i've been wanting to read a comic like this for years

i've even written a few for myself

#4 Posted by Loki9876 (3049 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to collect this. sounds awesome

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Jason is going to beat him up.

#6 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

LOL. Jason is going to beat him up.

If Damian has crowbar then he beats Jason to pulp.

#7 Posted by The_Tree (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Damian's going to get destroyed.

The only Robin Damian stands a chance against would be Stephanie Brown, that is, if she ever was Robin in the DCnU.

#8 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

LOL. Damian's going to get destroyed.

The only Robin Damian stands a chance against would be Stephanie Brown, that is, if she ever was Robin in the DCnU.

Agreed, frankly I don't know how this story line last for more than 1 issue in which Damian is beaten to a bloody pulp

#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@RyuHayabusa:
#10 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: That proves my point.

#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@The_Tree said:

LOL. Damian's going to get destroyed.

The only Robin Damian stands a chance against would be Stephanie Brown, that is, if she ever was Robin in the DCnU.

Agreed, frankly I don't know how this story line last for more than 1 issue in which Damian is beaten to a bloody pulp

Why would he go after Jason?
#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: Apparently he wants to prove himself (or something) by going after all the robins, Dick Tim, Jason, and possibly Steph, I have no idea why hes going after Jason first but he shouldn't be able to take any of them except maybe Steph

#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (11851 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure Jason is shaking in his boots.

#14 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Does Bruce know about this?

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@BlackArmor: Does Bruce know about this?

Not sure yet, all we know is what the solicit says because were still at #8 and Damian doesn't hatch this plan untill 10 or 11, but I'd guess Bruce doesn't know or else I don't see why he wouldn't put a stop to it

#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan: Jason is physically  the strongest robin, Dick is the most agile and Tim is the smartest.
#17 Posted by Dernman (15112 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Damien as a character but it bugs me when I see a 10 year old being able to beat up adults.  It reminds me of the movie the 3 Ninjas.
Give the kid a weapon at least.

#18 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Seems awfully strange that Damian's first target would be the Robin, that now, wants nothing to do with the Bat family.

#19 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

@BlackArmor: Seems awfully strange that Damian's first target would be the Robin, that now, wants nothing to do with the Bat family.

LOL indeed, it is a strange choice, as well as the most dangerous

#20 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he going to go after Dick also? I thought the two of them were still on good terms after the reboot

#21 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

Is he going to go after Dick also? I thought the two of them were still on good terms after the reboot

sound like it

#22 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: poor kid's gonna get his ass beat

#23 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

@BlackArmor: poor kid's gonna get his ass beat

Yup, that or Tim, Dick and Jason are going to job to a 10 year old

#24 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait... he goes after Jason FIRST? Jason, the one Robin who would like to sever all ties with the Bat family, has a history of violence, and doesn't mind killing? And I thought Damien was supposed to be smart...

#25 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm totally shocked that everyone seems to think Damian is going to get his ass beat. I'm willing to bet he at least puts up an excellent fight for all of the Robins, and probably defeats one or two.

#26 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, between the older Robins, it'd make more sense if he picked Jason instead of Dick. I mean, they still get along well and Grayson was the first one who actually trusted Damian.

Plus, as he's a killer himself, he probably thinks it's going to be an equal fight. (yeah, Damian thinks he's high above everyone)

I just hope their fight don't screw up Jason's rapprochement to Bat-family...

#27 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@sEsposito7 said:

I'm totally shocked that everyone seems to think Damian is going to get his ass beat. I'm willing to bet he at least puts up an excellent fight for all of the Robins, and probably defeats one or two.

All the Other Robins are in a completely different league than Damian, Tim the weakest of the three other Robins soundly kicked Damian's ass when Damian surprised attacked him, Damian had the element of surprise and the fight wasn't even remotely close. Dick and Jason would absolutely slaughter Damian under any circumstances and even Tim wouldn't break a sweat against him, maybe if Steph Brown shows up Damian can beat her but even that is very unlikely

#28 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@sEsposito7 said:

I'm totally shocked that everyone seems to think Damian is going to get his ass beat. I'm willing to bet he at least puts up an excellent fight for all of the Robins, and probably defeats one or two.

All the Other Robins are in a completely different league than Damian, Tim the weakest of the three other Robins soundly kicked Damian's ass when Damian surprised attacked him, Damian had the element of surprise and the fight wasn't even remotely close. Dick and Jason would absolutely slaughter Damian under any circumstances and even Tim wouldn't break a sweat against him, maybe if Steph Brown shows up Damian can beat her but even that is very unlikely

Damian is a highly-trained (semi-reformed) killer. He's proven himself in battle many times and he has, in fact, caused Tim to 'break a sweat'. I just don't think it's so egregious to think that Damian may be able to take on his predecessors.

#29 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@sEsposito7 said:

@BlackArmor said:

@sEsposito7 said:

I'm totally shocked that everyone seems to think Damian is going to get his ass beat. I'm willing to bet he at least puts up an excellent fight for all of the Robins, and probably defeats one or two.

All the Other Robins are in a completely different league than Damian, Tim the weakest of the three other Robins soundly kicked Damian's ass when Damian surprised attacked him, Damian had the element of surprise and the fight wasn't even remotely close. Dick and Jason would absolutely slaughter Damian under any circumstances and even Tim wouldn't break a sweat against him, maybe if Steph Brown shows up Damian can beat her but even that is very unlikely

Damian is a highly-trained (semi-reformed) killer. He's proven himself in battle many times and he has, in fact, caused Tim to 'break a sweat'. I just don't think it's so egregious to think that Damian may be able to take on his predecessors.

Possibly, Possibly with prep and the benefit of surprise and weaponry Damian might wound one of the people he's thinking about attacking, he'd still go down but he might get a shot in. Tim is officially the weakest of Damian's three targets and when they fought for real Tim wiped the street with Damian while simultaneously chasing a drunken perp to quote Tim "You (meaning Damian) lost the moment I started trying" and indeed Damian did loose the moment Tim stopped holding back despite the fact that he had the first blow the element of surprise, and also despite the fact that Tim was multitasking. That's just Tim, Dick was batman for gods sake and he did such a good job that there are allot of people including Scott Snyder, the current writer of Batman, that think he was better than Bruce and that Bruce should have stayed dead. Then we come to Jason, who is physically the strongest Robin, a better fighter than Tim, a master with deadly weapons, has ties to magic, and can kill ruthlessly. Damian doesn't stand a chance against any of these people, ask anyone else on this thread, ask anyone else on any thread. Damian is good, I like him but unless there is serious PIS Damian doesn't last 2 minutes, literally

#30 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is a badass clueless XD

Though Batman is annoying me cause the main reason Damian behaves like that is because he wants to prove himself to him ¬¬

#31 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, time to start buying Batman and Robin.

#32 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

He stands no chance in a fair fight,but plot devices can go a along way.

#33 Posted by deadpoolwins:) (124 posts) - - Show Bio

damian will either win through some bull crap writing, or will loose, but come to respect jason, possibly helping his re approach to the bat family, this should be interesting, though there is no reason why he should win against any of them.

#34 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be nice if he defeated Jason. He's the (ex) Robin I care less and sometimes he used to make such a drama out of nothing that big... it'd be nice if Mr.Proud got a fright hehe.

Though I think it's funny that him and Damian don't get along. They're so similar...

#35 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I like Damien as a character but it bugs me when I see a 10 year old being able to beat up adults. It reminds me of the movie the 3 Ninjas.Give the kid a weapon at least.

That is one of my favorite movies of all time

#36 Posted by XsPectre28 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@BlackArmor: Seems awfully strange that Damian's first target would be the Robin, that now, wants nothing to do with the Bat family.

LOL indeed, it is a strange choice, as well as the most dangerous

Maybe thats the plan, take out the most disgraceful Robin( Jason Todd) first & work up to the most respected/successful Robin( Dick Grayson)

#37 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Jason shoots Damian in the head. I really do.

#38 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28: It's possible, I don't really wonder why hes going after Jason first more than I really wonder why hes going after any of them at all

#39 Posted by UrbanChill (228 posts) - - Show Bio

well the only way this can be successful is if they bring steph back and i doubt they would do so just to show her getting her ass kicked so i take it each issue will focus on how each robin so far can easily defeat damian if challenged

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

If he does manage to defeat Jason and Tim, Dick will kick his ass and send him home

#41 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: I don't think so. The only one Damian has a chance to at least last 2 minutes is Tim. Jason and Dick will kick his ass.
#42 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: I doubt he'd beat Jason just pointing out that on the off chance he did manage to beat those 2 Dick would annihilate him

#43 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: indeed. But when Tim got serious he beat Damian down, Jason pretty much always shruggs him off easily as for Dick, well...Dick kinda taugh Damian almost everything he knows.
#44 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this story arc starts exactly 1 month from now with Batman and Robin #10, Ive been enjoying the book allot so far and I would say that it's the second best Bat book.........but this sh!t still sounds stupid as he!!

#45 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: Dick has held his own against Deathstroke, he has nothing to fear from Damian (Have no idea if that's still cannon)

#46 Posted by Z3RO180 (6558 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa: lol

Jason - haha you are no match for me

Damien - Yes but i have this (zelda chest music) a CROWBAR

Jason - NO MY ONLY WEAKNESS

Then Red hood takes the crow bar and bestows an ass wooping that will woop athoer as woopings to damien

#47 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

So what exactly is Batman doing while Damian is attempting to kick all his former partner's asses?

#48 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

: Haha, good question. But Bruce kinda fails as a father so... he'll probably fail to stop Damian as well XD

#49 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

So what exactly is Batman doing while Damian is attempting to kick all his former partner's asses?

I doubt he knows. He's probably going to try to stomp them all in one night.

Solicit for issue twelve just says,

The finale of the battle with Terminus!

#50 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.