I don't like Damian Wayne.

• 102 results
#1 Posted by SuperTide (15578 posts) - - Show Bio

Just seems like a little punk.

#2 Posted by LT1085 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like asinine threads made with no thought or creativity just to get a couple of quest points.

#3 Posted by SuperTide (15578 posts) - - Show Bio

I put thought into it. And I thought that he is a little punk who is nowhere near as bad as he thinks he is. Am SO sorry a stranger on a message board doesn't like my thread. heh

#4 Posted by brc2000 (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

You do realize that being a "little punk" is the point of the character, right?

#5 Posted by SuperTide (15578 posts) - - Show Bio

If the point of the character is to be annoying then it succeeds. I simply wish he wasn't a character. I hope that's ok.

#6 Posted by brc2000 (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

Why make a separate thread just to say that when there are already existing ones? You expressed the same opinion in one of them anyway.

#7 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperTide said:
"If the point of the character is to be annoying then it succeeds. I simply wish he wasn't a character. I hope that's ok. "

I Feel the same way... He's like the sour grape of the Bat-Clan.
#8 Posted by SuperTide (15578 posts) - - Show Bio

I am new to the board and am finding my way around. Sorry.

#9 Posted by csimon (2110 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of him eor then i like him as a character . but he is not all that bad may be we all just need to give it some more time
#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

He's funny

#11 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not supposed to like him, really.

#12 Posted by Leegar88 (85 posts) - - Show Bio
@cold_fuzion said:
" I'm sure we'll be voting for his death soon enough. "
Yep hopefully along the lines of, dick grayson snaps and lets the arkam inmates have him. He goes back to nightwing,and Bruce gets a new boy.
#13 Posted by eldestrisk (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@SuperTide: A lot of people are with you, believe me.
#14 Posted by CrimsonInuTears (461 posts) - - Show Bio

The point of him bein in a lil... jerk is that he is a character that can grow. Also why he's supposed to be 10, so he can grow and change. Besides, if you were raised by assassins I doubt you'd be all that nice either~ ^_^
#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame on you people, Damian is awesome. And for the guys that don't like him, compare his first appearances to the current ones; it is obvious that the influence of Dick grayson is slowly making him more heroic.

#16 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm indifferent really.

#17 Posted by Sexy Merc (41971 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him, not enough to make my top 100, but he's funny at times.

#18 Posted by Yaujtapool (7451 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is a great character and my favorite robin .

#19 Posted by DanP (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to state the obvious, but he is a fictional character who's characterization, actions, motivations, are left to the whims of the writer. Now having said that i have read books where he is an annoying little prick, and also some where he is a  relatable likeable character that I want to read more about. Come on a mini semi crazy Bruce Wayne running around doesn't intrigue you? I guess you would like everyone to sit around the batcave in perfect harmony singing christian folk songs and braiding each others hair? He adds a nice dramatic spice to the bat-family in my opinion that while might not be necessary, I enjoy it. . 

#20 Posted by -Eclipse- (7537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter: Heck yeah, NH! 

Most of the people that complain probably haven't READ Damian in any comics, to be fair. They've just seen a couple of scans and coupled that with the fact that he replaced Tim to get to the conclusion that they hate him. I REALLY hope they don't do what they did with Jason Todd to Damian and have people vote for his death. Because the people who have never read Damian and hate him outnumber those who do read him and love his character. And I doubt they'd bring him back from the dead, too. 

Don't hate on Damian until you get to know him... Heck, I'll let the little guy speak for himself... 

#21 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him =) He's a little brat with a sting. He makes great comments and is slowly coming to his own.

#22 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

but him being a jerk gives him a chance to grow, and he cares about Alfred so he can't be all bad

#23 Posted by -Eclipse- (7537 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK:

He's definitely advanced from how he ORIGINALLY treated 'Pennyworth' :P
#24 Edited by Alch21 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is the bomb.

#25 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool said:
"Damian is a great character and my favorite robin . "
#26 Posted by forthegreatergood (113 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000 said:
" You do realize that being a "little punk" is the point of the character, right? "
Amen.
#27 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Damian, he insults the batfamily and the Robin legacy, when they rebooted the universe they should have restarted the DC universe from the beginning, e.g. Batman starting on his own, eventually recruiting Dick to be Robin. Damian needs to die and stay dead forever.

#28 Posted by Milkeila (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the concept of any of the Robins. Or sidekicks for that matter. I think they are pointless and cheapen the only important characters. I miss the days when Batman ran solo. I don't mind super teams, or team ups. But the idea of a sidekick is just stupid, even more so for a guy like Bruce Wayne. Because we all know he was fighting crime when he was 10 or whatever. He is too logical and responsible to be fighting crime with practically toddlers, but it happens because people read it... Drivel.

#29 Posted by Surkit (11603 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a kid with issues, he's relatable. The character won't go anywhere because you gotta keep in mind even though adults read comics, the audience is kids. Plus he's had growth over time. You saw him go from completely self entitled to showing more and more respect to the bat fam. He once broke Alfred's arm I think, now he's gettin cats from him lol. My point is give the kid a shot to grow up, sure not many dug Tim Drake when he started either. Read his books from when he first showed up, he was basically a have your cake and eat it character. Dick Grayson while people still got Nightwing, only his tech skills were made more obvious..

Gotta give the character room to grow before you can judge him.

#30 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: Damian is NOT relatable. There arent any murdering psychopathic kids like him in the real world, hes a purely fictional character that cant relate any person in the real world. Damian wont grow, he made it perfectly clear he wont change that he will remain a murderer for the rest of his life.

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@JasonTodd13: I cannot understand your logic. Damian is a murdering psychopath, but Jason Todd is A-OK?
#32 Posted by Surkit (11603 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13:

lol aight, well, take it down a level :P There's not detectives in bat suits, men with power rings, or aliens with steel solid morals either;but they have a fan base that finds them relatable. There aren't killer kids out there, not in mass anyway, but there are kids with daddy issues, tough guy coping mechanisms, and a strike first ask later mentality. That's the stuff people relate to, and more

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Surkit: Damian is NOT relatable. There arent any murdering psychopathic kids like him in the real world, hes a purely fictional character that cant relate any person in the real world. Damian wont grow, he made it perfectly clear he wont change that he will remain a murderer for the rest of his life.

There was a Damien Batman before there was even a Damien :P

#33 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: *sigh* once again i have to say it again. Jason kills criminals for the right reasons, hes not doing it for himself, hes getting rid of the scum so they wont ever harm the innocent ever again this makes him an antihero, not a murderer. Damian however kills because he enjoys, he literally craves it in his bloodlust, and he recently done so in the new 52 for the guy named nobody, that makes damian a murderer because he does it for the wrong reasons, and it wont surprise me if he starts killing innocent people next, he did tried to kill Tim in Batman and Son.

#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@JasonTodd13: So a child who was raised and indoctrinated to kill by his mother is a monster. Keeping in mind he does not kill because he enjoys it, but because that's what he was raised to do.  

But the guy who kills people because he doesn't think his daddy loved him enough is a model citizen?  

Hypocrisy thy name is JasonTodd13. 
#35 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: damian is not a kid with daddy issues, hes just a psychopathic child. And what you said, is more related to Jason not Damian, those qualities, daddy issues and whatever are all jasons characteristics and Damian is nothing like Jason.

What Damian Batman?

#36 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

Damian however kills because he enjoys, he literally craves it in his bloodlust.

Wow.

Way to ignore years of character devolopment.

Good job.

#37 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Sigh, I know. My "F*ckwit Sense" tingling. 
#38 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: He does it because he was raised to and he enjoys it, he certainly enjoyed trying to kill Tim Drake in Batman and Son.

Jason doesnt think Bruce loved him or cared about him at all, he doesnt think bruce had the familial love for him like he did with dick, but thats not why he kills criminals. He kills them because he wants to put the scum down permanently so they wont break out of jail and whatever and harm innocent people ever again. so there its not hypocrisy.

P.S. Jason never killed anyone when he was Robin.

#39 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: he has no character development, hes still the same murderer raised by the league of assassins. nice venom picture by the way.

@FadeToBlackBolt: spiderman is marvel not dc comics.

#40 Posted by Surkit (11603 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Surkit: damian is not a kid with daddy issues, hes just a psychopathic child. And what you said, is more related to Jason not Damian, those qualities, daddy issues and whatever are all jasons characteristics and Damian is nothing like Jason.

What Damian Batman?

I read the books too...how would I get the new Robin confused with the one 90% of fans voted to die? :P And how does a kid who never had afather until he was what 10? Not have daddy issues? Raised by a league of assassins? Come on man, the kids got issues, and even if he didn't he's obviously got depth.

I think this pic is new but they hinted at Batman having a son that would take his place since back around...2000 I think, with a personality different then the kid we see now. Knowing that before hand, you gotta think they plan to grow him more as time goes on to be that.

#41 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@InnerVenom123: he has no character development, hes still the same murderer raised by the league of assassins.

You haven't actually read Morrison's Batman run past Batman and Son, have you?

#42 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@JasonTodd13: Damian who "enjoyed' trying to kill Tim was still the Damian that been indoctrinated to kill all in his way. He developed into a responsible human being over the course of that run and Batman and Robin.  

But you're just ignoring all that, because why pay attention to character development when you can spout nonsense about how it's OK to kill providing you have a semi-noble intention? 

Jason has a desire to kill. He wants to murder, so he murders criminals. Damian's proclivity for killing was based around the desire for advancement.  Of the two, Jason is far worse. 
#43 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@JasonTodd13 said:

@InnerVenom123: he has no character development, hes still the same murderer raised by the league of assassins. nice venom picture by the way.

@FadeToBlackBolt: spiderman is marvel not dc comics.

Are you sure? I don't know about that.  

I'll have to double check.  

(Searches) 

By gum! You're right! It says right there. "Spider-Man is a Marvel Comics character". Golly gee, thanks mister!
#44 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: Hes obviously doesnt have daddy issues because hes perfectly find murdering people, and he hasnt shown having any problems abut not having his father in his life until he was ten.

I think i read a comic like that with Damian in that suit, i thought it was the same damian in a possible future, only hes gotten more psychopathic and murderous.

#45 Posted by Surkit (11603 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@JasonTodd13 said:

Damian however kills because he enjoys, he literally craves it in his bloodlust.

Wow.

Way to ignore years of character devolopment.

Good job.

lmao right?

#46 Posted by Surkit (11603 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@Surkit: Hes obviously doesnt have daddy issues because hes perfectly find murdering people, and he hasnt shown having any problems abut not having his father in his life until he was ten.

I think i read a comic like that with Damian in that suit, i thought it was the same damian in a possible future, only hes gotten more psychopathic and murderous.

ROFL you serious? So you NEED daddy issues to be a model citizen?

#47 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

Your face doesn't like Damian.

#48 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: I have also read, The return of ras al ghul, Dick (as batman) with damian story during blackest night and the batman and robin stories, dick as batman. and other stories, damian is till the same douche kid.

@FadeToBlackBolt: He hasnt changed and he certainly not responsible he got put into a wheel chair for a little while and failed to save scarlett from professor pyg.

Jason kills not murders, murderers and criminals need to die, and jason does it for the good of gotham, jason does what he needs to do not what he wants to do, he wants to kill criminals yes, but he doesnt enjoy it like damian, he wants to put down the scum that prey on the innocent, because those criminals deserve to die. Damian loves killing hes obsessed, he tried to kill Tim, so damian is worst and jason is awesome adn better.

@FadeToBlackBolt: LOL, nice sarcasm. just trying to clear the matter as you seemed to think spiderman was in dc.

#49 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@JasonTodd13: Um, you're saying that Damian is a murderer and 100% responsible for his crimes because he was in a wheelchair and was unable to save someone?  
So FDR was responsible for World War 2 because his legs didn't work either?  

And yes, I definitely thought Spider-Man was from DC. God forbid someone make a reference to a character from another company.  
#50 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Surkit: whats ROFL? i said he he hasnt gone any daddy issues, that he likes what he does he obviously shows he has no problems other than the fact hes a murdering psychopathic villain. And i ever said you anyone needs daddy issues to be a model citizen, dont know where you got that from.

@Joygirl: LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.