Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1895 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

How would you like Damain's future to go

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By jayskee

What would you like to happen to Damain? I personally would like to see him stay robin until he's 16-17. Then become red robin nightwing or take another personality. Then a couple years later become Batman

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By the_tree

I'd like for him to grow up into the Nightwing title, then later become Batman, and train Terry McGinnis when he's older.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'd like to see Damian become Batman (much like we've seen before like in Batman #666) but also find a way to tie his time under the cowl to Terry McGinnis becoming Batman as well.

I think, seeing as Terry becomes Batman what 50, 60 years into the future, between Bruce being Batman and Terry becoming Batman, I think it would be a great way to bridge the gap between them both by having Damian as Batman and for whatever reason giving up the title, maybe at the request of Bruce Wayne.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

I'd like him to be the third comic book character in all of comicdom to die and never come back.

:P

But seriously, I don't think he works well as a Robin. I think he should keep it up for a few years, realize he's better qualified to be his own hero/villain/anti-hero, do that for a while, and then take on the Batman mantle when Conner Kent takes on the Superman mantle.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I'd like him to become the next demon head. That or die.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Gambit1024 said:

I'd like him to be the third comic book character in all of comicdom to die and never come back.

I know this is a noob question but who is the second character to never come back, I know Uncle Ben is one but who's 2.

Seriously though I don't want Damian to be Batman, I want him to be Nightwing or maybe Red X but I'd prefer Tim eventually become Batman, I want Damian to do something big but not be Batman, he's ill-suited for it

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

@BlackArmor: Gwen Stacy

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Gambit1024: What about Batman's and Superman's parents, why don't they count

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

@BlackArmor: Well I guess they can count, but they weren't really built up as much as Ben or Gwen (in my opinion anyway).

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Gambit1024: Fair enough. Did Gwen have a sister, or someone who looked like her, I feel like I've seen Spiderman talk to someone like that in modern comics, in fact I was so convinced that it was her that for a couple of months I thought she came back to life. I know it wasn't her but I wonder who it was

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

@BlackArmor: Maybe it was Ultimate Gwen? She's still alive. There was also a semi-recent story where they retconned things about Gwen in Amazing Spider-Man (pre-Brand New Day)

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Gambit1024: Possibly, I'll check it out thanks for the reference

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By jsphsmth

Hideous death at the end of Batman Inc.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Superguy0009e

i would like him to become Batman, but maybe explore some other options first

AtraCruor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtraCruor

Death. A very long and brutal, painful death worse than the Spectre could inflict and then complete removal from continuity.

superbatprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By superbatprime

I'd like him to resolve his current issues with Bruce but decide that being Robin to Bruce's Batman is not doing either of them any good.

Then he should go on a journey of self discovery around the world like his father did.

Then he should find a new persona for himself and become a hero in his own right and maybe even get his own books.

I wouldn't like to see him die or become a villain tbh.

Perhaps he could take leadership of his grandfathers organization and attempt to reform it?

That could form the basis of his own story arc right there, a war against his mother? (assuming she is alive).

A schism in the league of assassins, a civil war if you will, half remain loyal to Talia, half follow Damian's new vision for the league?

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By WildValentine

He won't be taking the Batman title, not while Tim Drake is around. Bruce has said himself, Tim will become the Batman. If, dare we ponder, Bruce died in ten years time, the cowl would go to Tim. If Damian even tried to wear it, Tim would put him down because he wouldn't honor the 'no killing' rule of Batman.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By viin

i think he should maybe just be robin off and on until he has to take the batman role

Dick and Tim have made their own names and i think eventually they should have it somehow be narrowed down (not saying anybody should die) to where Damian is Batman and there is nobody else...no robins, nightwings, batgirls etc.

if you think about it Bruce was created in 1940 so i would think eventually (earliest estimate: 2040) people are gonna get tired of bruce and want something new...as well as bridge the gap to batman beyond...if that is the future

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I hope that Damian stays as Robin for another year or two in order to give the writers more time to flesh out good story arcs dealing with a more sadistic Robin. After that I hope he gets in a fight with Bruce, leaves the Robin mantle for good, and then goes on to become Nightwing's sidekick until he is old enough to become a hero in his own right. I enjoyed the interaction between Dick and Damian much more than the father/son team going on in Batman and Robin currently.

I never want to see him as Batman. That title should be passed down to Tim Drake when Bruce chooses to retire/ dies.

Negative_Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Negative_Flash

I would LOVE Damian to become one of Batman's biggest enemies. Father vs Son.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BatteredArmor

@WildValentine said:

He won't be taking the Batman title, not while Tim Drake is around. Bruce has said himself, Tim will become the Batman. If, dare we ponder, Bruce died in ten years time, the cowl would go to Tim. If Damian even tried to wear it, Tim would put him down because he wouldn't honor the 'no killing' rule of Batman.

I just want to say, that this is an awesome comment, I don't remember Bruce saying that but that doesn't make this comment less awesome.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@Negative_Flash: Having Damian become a villain would be too similar to Jason Todd as the Red Hood. Batman considers all of the Robins to be sons to him, hell he seems to adopt every member of the bat family, so the aspect of making Damian a villain would be too repetitive in my mind. However, I think someone mentioned having him go back to the League of Assassins which I wouldn't mind.

Negative_Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Negative_Flash

@r3d_rob1n: Ya but Red Hood in the New 52 is now apart of the bat family and a good guy. Not villain. So I think it would be cool.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@Negative_Flash: I havent really been following Red Hood and the Outlaws, but I was under the impression that he wasn't a part of the Bat family per say.

I'm not sure if Jason has stopped killing criminals, as I haven't been following the series, so I wouldn't say he is a villain necessarily. I also don't see Damian breaking away from Batman to murder innocent civilians so in that sense neither of them would be a bad guy, they just have a different moral code from Batman. Of course I would be in favor of any idea as long as it was written successfully and added to the Batman mythos

Negative_Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Negative_Flash

@r3d_rob1n: Well because Ra's Al Ghul is his grandfather it would be cool to see him as a mentor, so to speak, of Ra's. Becoming the ultimate assassin, Batman's son and Ra's Al Ghul's grandchild. Rivaling The World's Greatest Detective, his father.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Personally, I want Damien to wind up being an enemy to Tim Drake.

We all know that Tim and Damien didn't exactly get along when they met. And now, its time for Tim to establish himself as his own hero, with his own villains. What if Damien won't accept the no-killing policy and winds up becoming a violent killer who is frequently at odds with the Red Robin? It would be too predictable for him to become just another Batman enemy into adulthood, and with Tim, they are closer to the same age range... I think it would be awesome if Damien sort of became Tim's Joker.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian gets evil and Terry haves to stop him, in a Evil Batman vs Good Batman figth, then Bruce stops Damian and beats him, because he is BATMAN, the GOOOOOODAAAAAMN BATMAN!!!

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Primmaster64
    @The_Tree said:

I'd like for him to grow up into the Nightwing title, then later become Batman, and train Terry McGinnis when he's older.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@Imagine_Man15: Damian as a villain to Red Robin would be cool. Not sure if Damian is crazy enough to be Tim's Joker, per se, but he could easily fulfill the role of villain. I don't think his Dad would idly stand by and let him go evil though. It would also put a strain on the Dick/Damian duo

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Video_Martian

He should be Red X.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis

He should kill Two-face and Riddler lol.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By X9

Personally, I love that character and I'd like to see him as Robin for a bit longer.

I don't have any urgency when it comes to him taking Batman's title. If it happens in future, great. If it doesn't, I'm sure there'll be a much nicer story for Damian.

I also don't think he's going to grow into a villain. He's changed a lot since he joined the Bat Family and I don't see all that change simply desapearing. He's a good guy who's been trained by the bad guys. And is learning how to behave according to the good ones. That's all.

I still haven't read Jason in the New 52, but it'd be nice if his bloody past wasn't erased. He could be acting different, but, still, he has that story to carry.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By htb106

@Negative_Flash said:

I would LOVE Damian to become one of Batman's biggest enemies. Father vs Son.

i geuss they sort of did that with jason and bruce

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Funrush

I think he should stay Robin for a while, before becoming either his own persona, (at least I think it'd be cool) become an apprentice of Red Hood, become Nightwing after Dick retires, become another one of Batman's villains now that Red Hood seems to be becoming good, or stay Robin permanently,

I actually like the idea of Damian staying Robin until his father's death, and then becoming Batman. The Red Hood apprentice thing works out nice, too.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By htb106

Damian rebels and quits being Robin, he goes to Jason for guidance and becomes a rogue Bat-family member,

Bruce tries to get him back for years but he only comes back when Bruce is seriously injured.

Damian becomes Batman and trains New 52 Stephanie Brown!

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Citrus

I want Damian to take an 'extreme' approach to crime fighting. Eventually thinking that just jailing them is not enough, and is repetitive and stupid. He could temporarily join the LoD and use the money to nuke every major jail in the world. Of course Bats and others would stop it from actually happening. Bruce would feel horrible, and lock his own son up in a personal prison. Talia would try to break Damian out, but Damian would accept his jail time until Bats needs him in some big event. That would be awesome.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SandMan_
    @The_Tree said:

pretty much this.
    SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By SupBatz

I just want him to stay Robin *shrugs*.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He needs to be Robin for a few years. Join a team, make some friends and at some point have a falling out with Bruce (They're on the brink of one every other arc after all) and go his own way. Some time in his late teens. Do a bit of travelling to find himself and figure out who he really wants to be. Then he needs to take on the Nightwing mantle, as out of everyone Dick's the one who's been the most supportive and accepting of him, to honor Dick. Dick will become Batman and have his own thing going on and perhaps a new Robin. Damian will at this point will be in his second solo series, after having had one as a teenage Robin. Damian will operate in a city other than Gotham, and eventually when enough time has passed he'll take on the Batman mantle from either Dick or Tim. (Depends on if Dick dies or not during his 3rd stint as Batman)

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eternal19

@SupBatz said:

I just want him to stay Robin *shrugs*.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By selinaky

I'd like for him to stay as Robin for a while longer, I like his interactions with Bruce, Dick, Tim and Jason.

I wondered: Is Damien known to the outside world? Do people know Bruce Wayne has a son?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Selinaky said:

Do people know Bruce Wayne has a son?

Yes.

In the first Jason Todd arc of Batman and Robin, we see a few girls squealing over how cute Damian is.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

I would like Damian to become after Robin his own dark hero that wants to kill but he can't because he promised to his father not to kill and then to become Batman.

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By YMCMB

I like to imagination the legacy of the Bat as a combination of The Dark Knight Returns, #666, and eventually Batman Beyond. I think it'd be cool if after spending a good amount of time as Robin, he and Bruce have a falling out and Damian leaves and becomes the new Head of the Demon. Damian takes the League in a more peaceful direction and is the leader till he is about 30, when TDKR happens. Damian believes Bruce to be dead at the end of TDKR (I'm gonna ignore TDKSA and pretend Bruce just retires somewhere, like in Nolan's trilogy *spoilers btw*) as does the rest of the world, but he believes that Gotham will always need a Batman so he returns to Gotham and becomes Batman, similar to what we saw in #666. Damian serves as Batman as long as he can, and eventually trains and mentors Terry McGinnis.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.