Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1895 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

How cool is Damian Wayne?

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justice teen

me personally i love Damian Wayne. he he has got to be one of the best Character in the batman family. from his very first appearance til now he has always intregue me and i think he should get his own series, but i want to her wut you think
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Jotham

The coolest.

junkmasterzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By junkmasterzero

This cool:

No Caption Provided
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By sexy_merc

Meh.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I like him. He started out a bit iffy, but he's really grown as a character. I want him to stay on as Robin when Bruce returns.

WolfMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By WolfMonkey

i think his character has a bit more depth than some of the robins before
    i mean, he's an annoying brat and a punk, but considering his upbringing and the fact that he's only 10? i think he has a right to be
    i just hope he grows eventually

Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Bobby X

I HATED him at first and him giving Dick a hard time drove me crazy. 
    But he has really grown on me and is now one of the reasons I LOVE Morrison's Batman run so much.
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

He's great. ^_^ 

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Magian  Online

I really liked him in the 666 issue.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I like him allot now I used to hate him.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Primmaster64

I like him...he reminds me of Jason a bit.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By agent9149
    @junkmasterzero said:
    " This cool:
    No Caption Provided
    "
    tsk tsk tsk did his mother teach him not to kill with his mouth open
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By geraldthesloth

Favorite Robin so far.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By RedK

he's pretty bad-ass, and funny when he's interacting with Steph, that was hilarious

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#15  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Batman and Son and Battle for the Cowl are the only things i,ve read with him in it and im not exactly thrilled with this little shit.   

Robin_1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Robin_1108

he is totally awesome!!! I love him :)

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CrimsonCake

I'd rate him as my third favorite robin.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Madame_Mist

Really cool.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By X9

Cool enough to be one of my favorite characters.

Apocalyptic_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Apocalyptic_P

Bad ass cool......

Hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Hostile

Damian was one of the reasons I really wanted to start reading comics because Bruce Wayne having a biological son just seemed so cool to me. I went back-and-forth between liking and hating him but with seeing him in early Stephanie Brown Batgirl and starting from the 2nd volume of the Dick/Damian run he's started to grow on me. I have a long way to go to catch up to current books though.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Crom-Cruach

one the worse characters in recent years in my opinion. Worthy of only scorn and hate.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eternal19

hes the best

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darktiger

@Apocalyptic_P said:

Bad ass cool......

yup

Avatar image for goldenboy_prime
    Goldenboy_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Goldenboy_Prime

How cool is Damian Wayne? As cool as the other side of the pillow...

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#26  Edited By wessaari

eh i dont wanna come on a Damian thread and just crap on him without reason, but Bruce has become the biggest hypocrite when it comes to Damian. He will throw away every other surrogate son he has, and keep Damian even though Damian is extremely dangerous. He is bratty, disrespectful, and unlike Jason, Batman believes in him. I feel as though he doesnt deserve to be Robin, but depending on who is writing him, he seems to be coming around. Besides that, a ten year old assassin prodigy that becomes Robin and is the son of Batman, well if thats not cool, than most children wont have anything to do when they play pretend.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JasonTodd13

damians the biggest mistake that writers had made in batmans history, they should have retconned him in the new 52. Hes the worse character dc comics ever created.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gotwillpower

@JasonTodd13 said:

damians the biggest mistake that writers had made in batmans history, they should have retconned him in the new 52. Hes the worse character dc comics ever created.

What? Why?! I love Tomasi's work on him. The dynamic between Batman and the Bat-family is great in any book, but it's amazing in Batman and Robin because of Damian.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By entropy_aegis

@wessaari said:

eh i dont wanna come on a Damian thread and just crap on him without reason, but Bruce has become the biggest hypocrite when it comes to Damian. He will throw away every other surrogate son he has, and keep Damian even though Damian is extremely dangerous. He is bratty, disrespectful, and unlike Jason, Batman believes in him. I feel as though he doesnt deserve to be Robin, but depending on who is writing him, he seems to be coming around. Besides that, a ten year old assassin prodigy that becomes Robin and is the son of Batman, well if thats not cool, than most children wont have anything to do when they play pretend.

Whom has Batman thrown away?,last I checked it was Jason who didn't wanna comeback,also unlike Jason Damian acknowledges his shortcomings and strives to be better that's why Batman believes in him.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wessaari

@entropy_aegis: In the Terminus arc, bruce ignroes Damian's crap behavior and tells the failures of all the previous Robins, to Damian. Jason was angry brash and impatient as Robin, and it even was specualted that he might have pushed a guy off a building to his death. jason was on the verge to being fired from Robin, but Damian has killed countless people, continues to kill as Robin, and Bruce just scolds him for it. He also goes to great lengths to make sure that none of the other Bat-family members know of Damians killing Nobody. Bruce has three surrogate sons, and will give away all of their personal info to Damian, in order to make him a better Robin. It was only until very recently that Bruce even acknowledged Damians behavior

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis

@wessaari said:

@entropy_aegis: In the Terminus arc, bruce ignroes Damian's crap behavior and tells the failures of all the previous Robins, to Damian. Jason was angry brash and impatient as Robin, and it even was specualted that he might have pushed a guy off a building to his death. jason was on the verge to being fired from Robin, but Damian has killed countless people, continues to kill as Robin, and Bruce just scolds him for it. He also goes to great lengths to make sure that none of the other Bat-family members know of Damians killing Nobody. Bruce has three surrogate sons, and will give away all of their personal info to Damian, in order to make him a better Robin. It was only until very recently that Bruce even acknowledged Damians behavior

Until the New-52 Bruce didn't even wanna be even near Damian.Damian has killed people because that is what he was programmed to do,his upbringing makes him different from every other Robin.

etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By etamogrey77

as cool as the bees knees lol. seriously though my favorite robin right here. GO!damian

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JasonTodd13

@gotwillpower: damian is just a piece of trash, hes a murderer, having killed two people that i heard of so far. hes a disgrace to the robin legacy, hes in no interesting stories, hes a bratty child, nobody likes him in the bat family, even Jason Todd never killed anyone when he was robin, damian is the worst robin ever, and iwish dc will kill him off and forget about him forever.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#34  Edited By BatWatch

I don't know if I would call him "cool," but he is definitely a very interesting character, and I agree that Damian deserves his own title. He sorta has one with Batman and Robin, but since Bats' names is in the title, he has to make at least an appearance, and sometimes that is unwarranted for development of Damian's story. I don't see any reason we can't give him a Robin title...you know, unless he dies at the hands of Joker or Talia.

@entropy_aegis said:

@wessaari said:

Until the New-52 Bruce didn't even wanna be even near Damian.Damian has killed people because that is what he was programmed to do,his upbringing makes him different from every other Robin.

I agree that it is a different situation with Damian than the other Robins though I am not saying I approve of Batman's decision. Furthermore, Bruce has actually lightened up on the whole killing thing a bit recently since he has allowed Red Hood to operate with his Outlaws.

What makes people so sure that the rest of the family is unaware of Damian's murders?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By wessaari

@BatWatch: Im pretty sure Tim mentioned that Damian killed Noboday, as well as Jason, so if Dick has been living under a rock then he will knwo of it. But Bruce thinks they dont know, at least in issue 10. That is what i have a problem with. I know Damian is his son, and is very different from the other Robins, but that doesnt mean that he can do whatever he wants, and keep his title as Robin. Bruce kicked Dick out in old DCU for not following orders, Jason was on the verge of being kicked off in old and new DCU, and old DCU it was hinted that he COULD have killed someone but it was never revealed. Tim left on his own accord, and Damian is being Damian. That is where i find Bruce so freaking hypocritical, and i know Damian is trying and he has made improvements, but if he werent blood, he would not be Robin

Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jean199999
    Remind you of another Damien? (From Batgirl-Steph Brown run)
    Remind you of another Damien? (From Batgirl-Steph Brown run)
    gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gotwillpower

@JasonTodd13 said:

@gotwillpower: damian is just a piece of trash, hes a murderer, having killed two people that i heard of so far. hes a disgrace to the robin legacy, hes in no interesting stories, hes a bratty child, nobody likes him in the bat family, even Jason Todd never killed anyone when he was robin, damian is the worst robin ever, and iwish dc will kill him off and forget about him forever.

Cannot compute. Invalid opinion.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#38  Edited By BatWatch

@wessaari said:

@BatWatch: Im pretty sure Tim mentioned that Damian killed Noboday, as well as Jason, so if Dick has been living under a rock then he will knwo of it. But Bruce thinks they dont know, at least in issue 10. That is what i have a problem with. I know Damian is his son, and is very different from the other Robins, but that doesnt mean that he can do whatever he wants, and keep his title as Robin. Bruce kicked Dick out in old DCU for not following orders, Jason was on the verge of being kicked off in old and new DCU, and old DCU it was hinted that he COULD have killed someone but it was never revealed. Tim left on his own accord, and Damian is being Damian. That is where i find Bruce so freaking hypocritical, and i know Damian is trying and he has made improvements, but if he werent blood, he would not be Robin

I agree, if he were not Batman's son, he would not be Robin, but then, how would Bruce deal with it if not to let him be Robin? With all the other kids, he could have just sent them to foster care if they had rebelled and sent them to prison if they became killers. I can't see Damian stopping his ways in either of those situations, can you? In terms of prison, you could say with the older kids that they made a decision to do evil, but Damian is still so young that he has barely even begun to be deprogrammed where he might be able to make a decision not to kill. I think the kid might be redeemable at this point. If you send him to prison, there is no chance. I can't think of a better solution except perhaps suspending Damian from the role for a time, but how well would that really work?@gotwillpower said:

@JasonTodd13 said:

Cannot compute. Invalid opinion.

Actually, Damian has killed a lot more than that.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JasonTodd13

@gotwillpower: nope, very valid opinion, there is nothing good about damian or interesting.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ComicStooge

The post above me is garbage. At first, I hated Damian, I thought he was an absolute little turd... But now? I can't get enough of the guy! After reading Batman: Reborn, he became my absolute favourite Robin.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Target_X

He's pretty awesome. I miss Cass though. X.x

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JasonTodd13

@ComicStooge: your post is garbage, you got nothing to prove the murderer is interesting at all.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ComicStooge

@JasonTodd13 said:

@ComicStooge: your post is garbage, you got nothing to prove the murderer is interesting at all.

Right, because Jason isn't a murderer?

There's no point in trying to convince you how cool Damian is, you're just going to dismiss it all.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JasonTodd13

@ComicStooge: Jason never murdered anyone, he killed criminals because they deserved to die. Its not murder if you kill criminals and murderers for the right reasons Jason does, to rid gotham of the scum permanently so the innocent people can live. Damian however murders because he loves the blood and that makes him a murderer and villain.

And I take it you dont have any evidence just like i said.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari said:

I'd personally call that character development, or a person changing the way they do things as they grow older. Similar to how when Bruce and Dick first started out they were the Dynamic Duo, but eventually drifted apart due to Bruce's growing controlling attitude over the years. Him being more lenient with Damian is a softening of the general character that's happened over the years. That's how I see it anyways, though in general the fact that he wishes to punish people for committing murder and then let Jason go scott free always struck me as a little weird.

I do agree though that if Damian weren't blood he wouldn't be Robin, because there would've been no reason to really take him in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.