Did this annoy anyone else?

#1 Edited by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, so in Batman and Robin #16 there's a scene where Damian's fighting and after all of the character growing and maturing on how wrong it is to kill he just ignores that and gets a bow and arrow and shoots a flame thrower tank on someones back setting him on fire and killing him. And what else annoys me is that neither Bruce or Dick confront him. WHAT THE HELL???!!! And grant morrison is the one who developed the character in the first place even though he wrote this.

Anyone?
#2 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

ANYONE?

#3 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

How would you have handled it.

#4 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360: What do you mean?
#5 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

The psycho, violence-addicted children have grown up and some of them write for comic books. Batman will be a homicidal maniac in the years to come. Mark my words.
#6 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360 said:
"How would you have handled it. "

Perhaps shooting the fuel line that leads from the tank to the nozzle?
#7 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@weaponmaster: was it possible to shoot that precise with the flamethrower possibly catching other people on fire if he missed?
#8 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

"How would you have handled it. "

Or better still: kicking the assailant in the head since you are already on his shoulders.
#9 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360: That's not the point. Doesn't it annoy you that no one cares that he has killed again?
#10 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! I can't believe no oneeeeeeeeeven told him to not kill that guy. I don't know what the circumstance was but I sure don't think he should have killed him.
#11 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360 said:
" @weaponmaster: was it possible to shoot that precise with the flamethrower possibly catching other people on fire if he missed? "

Of course it was possible. he is robin and can hit smaller objects at further distances. or alternately he could have reached down and manually pulled the hose free/ cut it. Besides, shooting the tank runs the risk of it exploding and maiming or killing other people.
#12 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@weaponmaster: seeing the pic again he was actually sitting on top of him and could of done so right there so your right. No need in killing him.
#13 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360 said:
" @weaponmaster: seeing the pic again he was actually sitting on top of him and could of done so right there so your right. No need in killing him. "

Thanks. The act seemed quite gratuitous to me as well.
#14 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlock360: All he had to do in the first place was throw a batarang at his hands for a sec and then beat the crap outta him
#15 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96:
damian likes tto kill i gess
#16 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I just assumed nobody brought it up because he was horribly burned, and not killed.

#17 Posted by Alch21 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes probly still alive

#18 Posted by Icarusflies (12467 posts) - - Show Bio

It was never stated that he died. He was probably just in the burn ward for a while…villains like Firebug and Firefly get horrible burns ALL THE TIME and are still around.

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24689 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he was aiming for the hose and just missed even the most well trained archers can miss their mark occasionally 

#20 Posted by junkmasterzero (257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:
" It was never stated that he died. He was probably just in the burn ward for a while…villains like Firebug and Firefly get horrible burns ALL THE TIME and are still around. "
Agree.
#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12572 posts) - - Show Bio

i woud have kicked Damien to the curb after the whole Spook incident
#22 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:
" I just assumed nobody brought it up because he was horribly burned, and not killed. "
#23 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. No reason to believe he was killed.

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alch said:
" Hes probly still alive "
@Icarusflies said:
" It was never stated that he died. He was probably just in the burn ward for a while…villains like Firebug and Firefly get horrible burns ALL THE TIME and are still around. "
#25 Posted by entropy_aegis (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
"i woud have kicked Damien to the curb after the whole Spook incident "

HAHA
#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

And i'm pretty sure the sprikler system went off after this.
#27 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we actually know if that guy died afterwords? Because if that's the last time we see him, Morrison could always loophole it and say that the guy did get set on fire but still survived with just serious burns afterwords. Problem solved.

#28 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies: 
THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!! HE STILL RISKED IT!!! BRUCE AND DICK WOULD OBVIOUSLY BE PISSED OFF IF A LITTLE TEN YEAR OLD IS SETTING GUYS ON FIRE!!!
#29 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96 said:
" @Icarusflies:  THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!! HE STILL RISKED IT!!! BRUCE AND DICK WOULD OBVIOUSLY BE PISSED OFF IF A LITTLE TEN YEAR OLD IS SETTING GUYS ON FIRE!!! "
Every time Batman punches someone, he risks killing them. Internal bleeding, blood clots, etc. If Batman were a real person, he'd be responsible for a heck of a lot of deaths by now, but because it's fiction, the writers can make sure nothing too bad happens.
#30 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell, Batman's done a lot worse than punching.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.