Damian wayne's deal with the Devil?

#1 Posted by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if i remember this correctly, but in some comic didn't say that Damian would make a deal with the Devil to live forever(or something)? Do you guys thing that he'll make this deal soon and return?

#2 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be. Would make sense for a cool return.

#3 Edited by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

The "devil" he made the deal with was Thomas Wayne, which he won't get the chance to do now.

EDIT: In any case, the issue you're referring to was all a dream Bruce had, which means that whether or not it counts as canon is hazy at best.

#4 Edited by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, Damian made a deal with the Devil the night Batman died. His soul in exchange for the protection of Gotham, which gave him special powers (He's invincible IIRC). I wish that's what'd happen for him to come back to life, either he do it or Bruce do it.

#5 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: I don't think he's invincible. Yes, he got shot at the end of the issue, but it easily could have been a vest that stopped the bullets.

#6 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss: He obviously got something out of the deal, or else there wouldn't have been a point to it. Maybe not invincibility but it was at least some form of increased durability. You can see he was lit on fire and shot multiple times. Barbara also gives him a couple of lines such as "What are you?" after he gets shot and the following line in Batman Inc. #5: "What do you know about dying? Nothing can kill you."

#7 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss: *issues. Batman 666 and 700 weren't non-canon, per say, they were possible futures. Batman Inc 5 was either an artistic reinterpretation of Bruce's vision or even another exposition of the possible future. I'm not sure if you read 666 or 700, but the writer (Morrisson?) specified that Damian healed instantly from traumatic injury because of the deal.

@Regas13: Damian was suppossed to make the deal the night Batman died. Unless its already happened off-panel in the New 52, I don't think he's made this deal with the Devil yet.

#8 Edited by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: @KnightRise: Huh, could be wrong. Always assumed his deal with the devil was for use of the Lazarus pits. And yes, Knight, I have read both issues. They're a couple of my favorites, actually. This thread has inspired me to re-read them.

EDIT: There are actually three appearances of Damian Bats. Batman #666, Batman Incorporated #5 and Batman #700, all written by Morrison.

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss: Theres another from Generation Lost 15 but he's in a mechanical suit and has a new Red Hood as his partner

#10 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: Yeah, Thomas Grayson. The son of Dick Grayson and Rose Wilson, if I'm not mistaken.

#11 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@End_Boss: Theres another from Generation Lost 15 but he's in a mechanical suit and has a new Red Hood as his partner

131 year old Damian was really cool to see.

#12 Posted by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

@The_Tree: @KnightRise: Huh, could be wrong. Always assumed his deal with the devil was for use of the Lazarus pits. And yes, Knight, I have read both issues. They're a couple of my favorites, actually. This thread has inspired me to re-read them.

EDIT: There are actually three appearances of Damian Bats. Batman #666, Batman Incorporated #5 and Batman #700, all written by Morrison.

Glad i inspired you haha

#13 Edited by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Just re-read the three appearances I have. Yes, it appears Damian can actually regenerate. Whether the devil he made the deal with is Thomas Wayne or not is left intentionally vague, but strongly suggested. From my re-read, I've concluded that we haven't seen the last of Damian. Yes, one issue (the Batman Incorporated one) is a vision Bruce has of the future, but the others are not. In one of those issues, Damian lives long enough to train Terry McGinnis, who we all know as Batman Beyond. I can't think that DC editorial (or Grant Morrison, loathe as I am to say it) would leave such gaping wounds in the plot. There's got to be something more coming down the pipe.

EDIT: For those wondering, the issues also imply that Damian does not die nor is Gotham destroyed in the "apocalypse" seen in Batman Incorporated #5. If either thing had occurred, there would be no Terry McGinnis to train and no city to protect. It just doesn't add up.

#14 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

Just re-read the three appearances I have. Yes, it appears Damian can actually regenerate. Whether the devil he made the deal with is Thomas Wayne or not is left intentionally vague, but strongly suggested. From my re-read, I've concluded that we haven't seen the last of Damian. Yes, one issue (the Batman Incorporated one) is a vision Bruce has of the future, but the others are not. In one of those issues, Damian lives long enough to train Terry McGinnis, who we all know as Batman Beyond. I can't think that DC editorial (or Grant Morrison, loathe as I am to say it) would leave such gaping wounds in the plot. There's got to be something more coming down the pipe.

EDIT: For those wondering, the issues also imply that Damian does not die nor is Gotham destroyed in the "apocalypse" seen in Batman Incorporated #5. If either thing had occurred, there would be no Terry McGinnis to train and no city to protect. It just doesn't add up.

Hopefully. A deal with the Devil is my last shred of hope for Damian's return. I don't care how much of a deus ex machina it would be considered to be.

#15 Posted by JakeN7 (11574 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

Especially when Tomasi introduced that costume to the present in the Batman and Robin Annual (see avatar), and Morrison himself introduced Alfred the Cat (the same one we see in Batman #666, #700, and Batman Inc #5 vol.2) in Batman Incorporated #6 vol.2.

Who knows? Morrison's still got (at least) 4 issues left, and I'm sure he'll leave the window open for future writers to bring Damian back if he doesn't do it himself.

#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14656 posts) - - Show Bio

I do believe that that may be the way because of which he will return.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.