Damian Wayne in Injustice: Gods Among Us?

#1 Posted by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't sure if this has been done before, couldn't find anything.

With the possible tragedy befalling Damian in this Wednesday's release of Batman Incorporated #8, I'm glad to see evidence of a possible appearance by him in the upcoming DC comic's fighting game "Injustice: Gods Among Us." Check out the solicit for the 5th issue of the Injustice: Gods Among Us comic coming in May.

The cover seems to suggest that Damian is taking Superman's side. Could that really happen?

Based on the upcoming DC fighting game from NetherRealm Studios, creators of Mortal Kombat! Batman has two allies: Damian and Dick Grayson. One is with him, while the other has joined Superman’s cause. The conflict between The Dark Knight and The Man of Steel is about to turn very personal. Plus: The Flash travels to Australia and ponders his own allegiances.

DIGITAL FIRST

Written by:

Tom Taylor

Art by:

Jheremy Raapack

Tom Derenick

Cover by:

Drew Johnson

Color/B&W:

Color

Page Count:

U.S. Price:

On Sale Date:

May 29 2013

Pretty cool right? Now the question arises, will he be playable, or will he just make a cameo appearance to serve the narrative? Either way, I'm pretty stoked!

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian's hardcore and truly believes in justice the hard way!

#3 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he is not in the game because we already got Nightwing and there so many better characters to pick in the DC universe

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13269 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

I hope he is not in the game because we already got Nightwing and there so many better characters to pick in the DC universe

i doubt he's in the actual game

#5 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@CODYSF said:

I doubt any other robins of importance are in the game either

#6 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@CODYSF said:

Could be DLC? If anyone is capable of honing Damian's killer instinct it's the guys over at NeatherRealm Studios.

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13269 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@CODYSF said:

Could be DLC? If anyone is capable of honing Damian's killer instinct it's the guys over at NeatherRealm Studios.

I not sure if WB is going to put a 10 year old in a brutal fighting game.

#8 Posted by VaizD (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@CODYSF said:

He looks a bit older than 10 there, they might mess with continuity and put him in his teenage years or something.

#9 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems to be a lot of batman characters taking space of the game -_-

#10 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@VaizD said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@CODYSF said:

He looks a bit older than 10 there, they might mess with continuity and put him in his teenage years or something.

It's possible. In Mortal Kombat Deception the protagonist was a young teenage boy who grows into adulthood as the game progresses. I can imagine Damian's signature weapon being the katana and him tearin dudes up. I agree we have too many Batman characters. Harley Quinn, Killer Croc and Catwoman are all unnecessary, especially when you already have Bane and Joker.

#11 Posted by Lightburst (163 posts) - - Show Bio

The only other Batman character that should be in the game outside of Batman, Nightwing and Bane and Joker should have been Redhood.

#12 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

It's possible. In Mortal Kombat Deception the protagonist was a young teenage boy who grows into adulthood as the game progresses. I can imagine Damian's signature weapon being the katana and him tearin dudes up. I agree we have too many Batman characters. Harley Quinn, Killer Croc and Catwoman are all unnecessary, especially when you already have Bane and Joker.

Pretty sure Croc just has a cameo in the Arkham stage, but you're right; already more than enough Batman Characters.

Also, don't see how Damian will have much to differentiate himself from characters like Nightwing and Deathstroke.

#13 Posted by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is badass if you dont agree just see batman inc 8

I want to play with him

#14 Posted by Black_Claw (2997 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Maybe just have him in the cutscenes but not as an actual playable character. There are way to many batman characters already.

#15 Posted by The Average Bear (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be a really cool DLC character. I could see him being really fast and whatnot. I'd really like to see a Bat-Family DLC with the other Robins too, but I know that's unlikely

#16 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds legit

#17 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

thats how it works, batman characters take up space in DC games, and X-men take up space in marvel games.

#18 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

@Rumble Man said:

thats how it works, batman characters take up space in DC games, and X-men take up space in marvel games.

The xmen aren't street levelers they have varied powersets, so yeah they deserve to take up space!

@Rumble Man

said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@VaizD said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@CODYSF said:

He looks a bit older than 10 there, they might mess with continuity and put him in his teenage years or something.@DH69 said:

@Rumble Man said:

@DH69 said:

@Rumble Man said:

Very true, it's a waste in character space , but I would like to see Damian, those characters above should be DLCs

#19 Posted by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't put him in the game, but for the love of god make his Bat suit an alternate for Batman in DLC or something. Please.

#20 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@DH69 said:

@Rumble Man said:

#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13269 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Damian might die in an upcoming arc.

tom taylor revealed this cover and called it " a painful arc"

#22 Posted by SaintG (66 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll probably die in the game or comic I mean look at the next issue for june, it says that Batman has lost everything but catwoman, meaning probably his home alfred the batcave wayne enterprise his son and others and he's dead in new 52.

#23 Posted by Black_Claw (2997 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Damian could play a huge role in the story. Since he's always been one of the more violent members of the Bat family I can definitely see him taking supermans side In this game. That has a ton of potential for drama in the story.

#24 Posted by TDK_1997 (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is strange.

#25 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14741 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

i think Damian might die in an upcoming arc.

tom taylor revealed this cover and called it " a painful arc"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AD VYTISAVTYDSDYSADUVDVYSD SANX&BUDNUNSDBDIBUSDBDBYADBYSBHDABHSDBHDBHSDSBHDBHHD

#26 Posted by Tohoma (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

To much Batman ain't enough Batman.

#27 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tohoma: Needs only Alfred

the ONLY bat character deserving a spot

#28 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4808 posts) - - Show Bio

DLC

(+)

#29 Posted by Tohoma (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: If Alfred was apart of the game he would be a broken character having many unfair advantages and overpowered spamable moves xD.

#30 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tohoma: They need a high tier character

#31 Posted by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

@SaintG said:

He'll probably die in the game or comic I mean look at the next issue for june, it says that Batman has lost everything but catwoman, meaning probably his home alfred the batcave wayne enterprise his son and others and he's dead in new 52.

Well, we know Nightwing's in the game. So Bruce hasn't lost everything, and solicitations are intentionally misleading. But yeah, I think Damian might die in the comic. The strange thing is...that particular issue actually comes out after the game itself comes out, meaning we'll know if Damian survives the prequel comic, before the issue that details his potential death even comes out. : /

#32 Edited by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

he is ;)

#34 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Great find, I'm glad you put this info out there.

#35 Posted by Black_Claw (2997 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure a lot of Damian fans are pissed off since they think Damian's role in the story is a bit to soon after his demise in the comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.