Damian Wayne and Terry McGinnis...Brothers?

#1 Posted by Cage_2913_69 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

You all know Damian Wayne. Biological son of Bruce Wayne. You all know Terry McGinnis Batman of the Future. You may or may not know one thing. Terry McGinnis is actually the biological son of Bruce Wayne. It was shown in the last episode of Batman Beyond.

So Damian and Terry are bros. I wish Damian was created in the 90's so we could see the relationship between them. Who knows maybe it will show up in comics one day.

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he technically is, if you want to consider it cannon.

#3 Posted by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard pre 52 main earth retconed it to be Damian that was Terry's mentor not Bruce and Batman Beyond was in it's own universe where there wasn't a Damian but I could be wrong.

#4 Posted by Cage_2913_69 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: You're right BB is in its own universe but technically they are brothers

#5 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: i remember reading that. damian had an eye-patch right?

#6 Posted by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio
@KainScion said:

@Dernman: i remember reading that. damian had an eye-patch right?

Not sure about the patch but it was in a montage of Batmen from Bruce all the way to Batman 1 Million.
#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: what montage?

#8 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: i remember it from a batman beyond issue.

#9 Posted by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:

@Dernman: what montage?

In one of the pre 52 Batbooks they did a montage of the Bat legacy down through the ages. Not sure I remember where. I thought it took place at the end of an arc where they took down Dr Hurt but I can't be sure.
#10 Posted by danhimself (22651 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I heard pre 52 main earth retconed it to be Damian that was Terry's mentor not Bruce and Batman Beyond was in it's own universe where there wasn't a Damian but I could be wrong.

you're correct....the Batman Beyond book is still it's own universe but according to Morrison's run Terry would have eventually become Batman under Damian's guidance in the Pre52 timeline....Damian still doesn't exist in the Batman Beyond universe though

Online
#11 Posted by The_Tree (7773 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@DEGRAAF said:

@Dernman: what montage?

In one of the pre 52 Batbooks they did a montage of the Bat legacy down through the ages. Not sure I remember where. I thought it took place at the end of an arc where they took down Dr Hurt but I can't be sure.

It was in Batman #700. It talked about how Batman can never die, so they basically showed a montage of Batmen up to Batman One Million. Also, the final act of the story in the issue had Damian saving a baby Terry from 2 Face 2 as Batman.

#12 Posted by Dernman (15266 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@Dernman said:

@DEGRAAF said:

@Dernman: what montage?

In one of the pre 52 Batbooks they did a montage of the Bat legacy down through the ages. Not sure I remember where. I thought it took place at the end of an arc where they took down Dr Hurt but I can't be sure.

It was in Batman #700. It talked about how Batman can never die, so they basically showed a montage of Batmen up to Batman One Million. Also, the final act of the story in the issue had Damian saving a baby Terry from 2 Face 2 as Batman.

Yeah that sounds about right.
#13 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting idea, I guess technically they are brothers.

I hope Terry shows up in the main universe... wait a minute...

before Flashpoint didn't Damian have a cloned baby brother?

meaning this person would have some of Bruce's DNA.

#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7899 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: interesting thought. I like the idea but for it to play out they would have to kidnap the new clone and then give him to the Mcginnes' to try and give him a normal life so his story would still play out other wise he would have a totally different background and history

#15 Posted by DB150 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked grant morrisons work on batman 700 I especially liked part were damian is Terry's mentor it makes it seem a whole cooler cause it explores further into the future of Gotham and this way we can classify terry as batman beyond

#16 Posted by koshi_waza88 (1887 posts) - - Show Bio

they could have Damian show up in Terry's universe if Damian had returned to the league of assassins to become its leader and he could even be in his prime if he was using the Lazarus pit, make for a good introductory sparing match between the first encounter between these two sons of batman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.