Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1895 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

Damian RIP? Bleeding Cool rumour on Batman Inc #8

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Lvenger

Damian has very much grown on me since Morrison introduced him so I'm quite annoyed to have to report what this article might spoil. Supposedly Bleeding Cool reported that an online retailer has posted the covers to Batman Inc #8 weeks ahead of its publication. And well the cover isn't looking too good for Damian. Like I said, it's just a rumour for now but if this is an alternate cover to Batman Inc #8, well it looks like it may be time to say goodbye to the lovably brattish Damian Wayne. The source is here so I guess we'll have to wait till later the time to see if this rumour turns out to be true.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

I know better than to trust a cover. Even Batman: RIP didn't have Batman die.

I feel like by putting that on the cover, it makes the reveal too obvious, so I don't think a full on death will occur. Full on death meaning that he's killed and doesn't come back for a decently long period of time. If it does happen, though, it'll be bittersweet as all hell. I'd lose a great character that I've come to love over the years, but at least it'll be executed by the only man I trust enough to properly pull the trigger.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lvenger

@The_Tree: True enough. There's talk of Damian giving into his killer urges and turning over to the dark side as it were. That could be potentially far more damaging than his death.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SupBatz

I'm hoping they don't kill him. I've really liked his role in Batman and Robin and was hoping it would continue there after Morrison left (leaving himself a legacy and all that).

There's always the Lazarus Pit though >.>

Damian is an Al Ghul after all.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_tree

@Lvenger: I don't really see that happening. Throughout his time with the Bat-family, Damian's grown more accustomed to Bruce's code. The only time he really kills nowadays is when he's backed into a corner and has no other options (see Batman and Robin: Born to Kill, Batman Incorporated: Leviathan Strikes!). Plus, if he turned to killing, he wouldn't really have much of a side to go to. He told Bruce that after Talia placed the 500 million dollar bounty on his head, she's dead to him.

I actually had my own theory where either Bruce or Damian die and in order to save the other, one of them makes a deal with the Devil (Doctor Hurt), sort of coming full circle with what Damian did in the Batman 666 timeline. It's probably too "out there", though.

It is truly a mystery what Morrison will do. He's a very unorthodox guy.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Damian seemingly dies but really becomes the Earth-2 Batman

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

Comcibookresources said that it isn't actually R.I.P to Damian but more to the name Robin.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_tree

@TDK_1997 said:

Comcibookresources said that it isn't actually R.I.P to Damian but more to the name Robin.

I find that hard to believe. Robin is a staple to both DC Comics and the Batman mythos. Batman and Robin also sells very well, so to just lay the name to rest like that would be nonsense.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@SupBatz: Yeah but the Lazarus Pit would be such a lame, cliched way of bringing Damian back

@The_Tree: That's what I thought too but aside from that theory, I'm stumped on how the cover can spell the end of Damian's tenure as Robin though. Morrison must have something up his sleeve as always. Hopefully he has a good ending in mind for Action Comics too!

@TDK_1997: I do find that hard to believe for the same reasons Tree has given.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TDK_1997

@The_Tree: @Lvenger: Well,that's what they said,not what I am saying.I do hope that Damian won't die.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@TDK_1997: Where did they say this?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

@Lvenger: I think it was in one of their topics or in the forums.I don't remember exactly.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By MaxSchreck
    Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By spinningbirdcake

He won't die. He'll be sent back in time like Bruce...and then he'll die.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By z3ro180

he wont die bruce will fire him from being robin

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By wessaari

I have a feeling, that he will somehow not be Robin anymore. Either he will be sent to Earth 2, be taken by Talia, run away, or die

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By John Valentine

@The_Tree said:

I actually had my own theory where either Bruce or Damian die and in order to save the other, one of them makes a deal with the Devil (Doctor Hurt), sort of coming full circle with what Damian did in the Batman 666 timeline. It's probably too "out there", though.

It is truly a mystery what Morrison will do. He's a very unorthodox guy.

That'd be the perfect ending to Morrison's Batman, IMO. Anyway, just over a week now until release of Batman Inc. #8!

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Damian seemingly dies but really becomes the Earth-2 Batman

He's too modern a character to be featured in Earth 2.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@John Valentine: Well they have had totally new characters so I don't see this difference with Damian

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By John Valentine

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@John Valentine: Well they have had totally new characters so I don't see this difference with Damian

Okay, that's true. But I think a more established character would be more likely. Second to that, Damian would be no older than a child if he were to exist in Earth 2.

If it were to be any one of the Robins, I'm betting it'd be Grayson. Maybe Todd.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

I used to trust Bleeding Cool, but they have based their news on guesses and conjectures. They read too much into their sources and end up drawing too many conclusions with no substation proof to back it up. And they have been prove incorrect before.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@John Valentine: Not if by some crazy dimension hope/time travel shizz it ends up being 666 Damian. I'm pretty sure it will end up being a Robin since his costume is red.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lvenger

@Dragonborn_CT: They got some things right. Like the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship and the Snyder/Lee Superman title.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JamesKM716

I think he'll die. Solicits don't mention him for two issues, and talk about terrible tragedies that befall the Bat-Family; everyone assumed that'd be Death of the Family, but apparently it'll be Bat Inc 8...

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
    havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By havoc1201

Morrison was going to kill damian off at the end of Batman and son but he changed his mind so maybe he will kill off his character like he first planned.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By reignmaker

Damian is dead meat. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't looked at the solicits or is a wishful thinker.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lvenger

OK fair point. That guy clearly is pulling stuff out of thin air in that article.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By sinestro_GL

I never used to be a fan of Damian, but due to the Batman and Robin title from the n52...I've really grown to like him a lot. So I hope he doesn't die...I wonder what that would mean for the 'Batman and Robin' title if there's no Robin...

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By havoc1201

@sinestro_GL said:

I never used to be a fan of Damian, but due to the Batman and Robin title from the n52...I've really grown to like him a lot. So I hope he doesn't die...I wonder what that would mean for the 'Batman and Robin' title if there's no Robin...

i just got a letter from DC asking me to re-new my subscription of Batman and Robin so i would guess that Damian does live

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eternal19

The covers for batman and robin and batman inc kind of hint that something bad is going to happen to Damian, but i dont think Morrison will kill him, at least i hope not

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Samimista

Haven't kept up with Batman Inc but will be picking up #8. Lovely homage to Batman R.I.P with the cover but hoping he won't die. Always liked Damian due to his humor and personality. Either way, I'm sure this will be interesting to see how it plays out.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DEGRAAF
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lvenger

@DEGRAAF: Aw damn it I was really liking Damian! Hopefully DC will make it a good death. He deserves that much at least.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Gambit1024

Huh. Did you know that Morrison originally planned Damien's death a while ago, but DC told him to hold off? I though that was interesting.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By John Valentine

It's a good character progression. Hopefully it'll lead to Batman trying to bring him back.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By rav4

@DEGRAAF said:

Well it's official.

Damian will be dying according to http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43925 I am curious if they will be bringing in Spoiler (Steph) as his new partner. I would actually like that bc then they could have Batman having to get used to having a female partner and the differences between her and the other robins. She could even eventually be taken under Barbara's wing
    Hoping for Steph to come back now to replace Damian is folly, especially considering it seems that Snyder has been building up Harper Row to take over the role for the past year and a half.
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the_tree

@John Valentine said:

It's a good character progression. Hopefully it'll lead to Batman trying to bring him back.

While it may be too optimistic, I'm hoping for the same thing. There's three issues after 8, so something could happen during that timespan. I'm going by the rule of "it's not over 'til it's over".

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Billy Batson

@The_Tree said:

@John Valentine said:

While it may be too optimistic, I'm hoping for the same thing. There's three issues after 8, so something could happen during that timespan. I'm going by the rule of "it's not over 'til it's over".

No, there's four issues after 8. 9, 10, 11 and 12 :p
    BB

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_tree

@Billy Batson said:

@The_Tree said:

@John Valentine said:

No, there's four issues after 8. 9, 10, 11 and 12 :p
    BB

DC's site only went up to eleven, woops.

Different numbers, same message.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lvenger

@Ravager4 said:

@DEGRAAF said:

Well it's official.

Damian will be dying according to http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43925 I am curious if they will be bringing in Spoiler (Steph) as his new partner. I would actually like that bc then they could have Batman having to get used to having a female partner and the differences between her and the other robins. She could even eventually be taken under Barbara's wing
    Hoping for Steph to come back now to replace Damian is folly, especially considering it seems that Snyder has been building up Harper Row to take over the role for the past year and a half.

I don't think that Harper Row will be the new Robin actually. She doesn't have the physical stats for the role or the deductive level of intellect needed to be a Robin. Granted it's a possibility but with her computer skills and electronic expertise, I see her being a potential New 52 Oracle (not to be confused with the cosmic version in Superman) And I'm not too fond of Steph so I'm fine with her staying gone a while. Never could get into her character.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Lvenger said:

@Ravager4 said:

@DEGRAAF said:

Well it's official.

I don't think that Harper Row will be the new Robin actually. She doesn't have the physical stats for the role or the deductive level of intellect needed to be a Robin. Granted it's a possibility but with her computer skills and electronic expertise, I see her being a potential New 52 Oracle (not to be confused with the cosmic version in Superman) And I'm not too fond of Steph so I'm fine with her staying gone a while. Never could get into her character.

I was thinking Harper would become the new type of Oracle as well

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#42  Edited By wildvine

Oh, please let that little snot die.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.