Damian is in Batman Beyond.... sort of

#1 Posted by kimeraevet (188 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was watching the episode "Out of the Past" and it involved the first appearance of Ra's Al Ghul in the Beyond timeline. Ol' Ra's disguised himself as his youthful daughter Talia to get Bruce to partake in some Lazarus Pit swims. It all turned out to be a switcheroo plot with Ra's actually living inside Talia's body and using Bruce's love for her to lull him into a false sense of security so he can mind jump into Bruce's body and take over. He planned to return to Gotham and take Bruce's place as his long lost son with Talia Al Ghul, with both genetic and legal written proof of his identity.  

The spirit of Damian refuses to be held back. 

#2 Posted by Samimista (20750 posts) - - Show Bio

I never watched Batman Beyond but that's pretty cool might just watch that episode.

#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude....Batman Beyond takes place in EARTH-12!

#4 Posted by Fnz (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman #666 contains story about Damian's future as a Batman and it was different from Batman Beyond story-line

#5 Posted by VaizD (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Techically, the idea of Damian, that is to say, a son born of Bruce and Talia, has been around since 1987. In that way, I'm sure the DCAU guys culled from the same inspiration in that episode that Grant Morrison would later use to create Damian in 2006. So, insofar as being the same concept, yes, Damian is totally an idea in BB.

#6 Posted by Joelislegend (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond actually makes sense in the continuity. Even if Damian does become Batman, whos to say he will last forever? The possibility that Bruce would take back up the mantle after a dispute with Damian and then appoint Terry makes complete sense.

#7 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to think damian WAS batman beyond

#8 Posted by X9 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's Terry McGinnis.

He's not as badass as Damian, anyway haha

#9 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo I know this isn't cannon anymore after the new 52 but did none of you read Batman 700# in that timeline after Damians tenure as Batman he takes on Bruce's role and mentors Terry/Batman Beyond from the batcave.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.