Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1895 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

Crush?

Avatar image for ult_vatican_assassin
    Ult_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does Damian Wayne have a crush on Cassandra Cain? There was a moment back when Steph took over as Batgirl that Damian went...somewhat fanboy over Cass' reputation, and now, more recently in Gates of Gotham, there could be another? Guess it depends on how you interpret the look. So what does the CV community think? (I dont care isnt really an answer lol)

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By HolySerpent

damian and kara belong together

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

Somebody's trying to get their post count up......

@Ult_Vatican_Assassin: I'm not sure if it's a crush so much as a high level of respect, which he's not quite sure how to express? He's socially retarded. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mercy_
    @HolySerpent said:
    O_o 
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HolySerpent
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @HolySerpent said:
    O_o 
    to bring the superman dynasty and the batman dynasty together.. which it should have been done along time go
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @HolySerpent said:
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @HolySerpent said:
    O_o 
    to bring the superman dynasty and the batman dynasty together.. which it should have been done along time go
    I don't see that working for numerous reasons. 
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HolySerpent
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @HolySerpent said:
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @HolySerpent said:
    O_o 
    dont care. i can only dream
    comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By comkid100

I'd think it'd be funny from kara or cass to know/think that he has a crush on them and see how react different around him. Although i doubt cass would act that different.
    doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By doomsilver

he doesn't need to be with anyone, they are both way older than him, he is like 7 or 8
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By MrUnknown
    @doomsilver: That's just current social norms. I don't think Damian cares at all about anything like that. And, even lots of people still marry others with a significant age-discrepancy.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vortex13
    @MrUnknown: Yeah put typically that's in adult hood when both people are legally adults, a 16-18 year old dating a 10 year old is wrong. But ten years pass then it is no longer as bad. Lets put it in perspective, if I were to date someone 8 years younger then me, as it would be for Cass or Kara, I'd be dating 13 year old and I'm 21 does that seem like it's a healthy set up? No. It's gross as hell, and quite frankly I might need to wash just for saying it.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrUnknown
    @Vortex13: You are still seeing this in the lens of modern sensibilities. There was no concept of a legal age before and people got married before they were even teens (although they were mostly female and the male was the older one) To me, Damian doesn't seem like the type to respect these modern values just from what he thinks about school, etc. I think he might have a crush on Kara, but I think it is more of a respect for Cass, because of her fighting prowess but who knows maybe some writer will take it a step further even though I sincerely hope not.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vortex13
    @MrUnknown: I understand that it was different back in the day but they also believed bleeding someone helped cure them of a fever. So there may also be logic involved but that's neither here nor there.

I agree that Damion probably wouldn't care about those modern restrictions as well, but honestly what little kid does? No kid thinks about age difference when they have a crush on someone older so that isn't really unique to him. He is ballsy enough to attempt to act as well. I think that your right about the respect for Cass and the crush on Kara. If he did act on his crush it would be interesting to see how he would react to his spurns being rejected. He is after all young though unlike most young men instead of feeling awkward and feeling sad for a week, he'd more likely go out of his way to make the subject of his affections get's in trouble some how. He isn't mature after all and he happens to be a tad bit more talented in plotting and fighting then most youngsters his age lol. He doesn't take defeat that well either which would definitely be portrayed in that story if they proceeded with it, which like you I hope they don't.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrUnknown
    @Vortex13
    I don't think modern sensibilities have anything to do with logic. Logic doesn't say anything about whether or not you can be in a relationship with someone half your age. Logic doesn't at all comment on relationships. If anything, the modern restrictions serve more as a form of propaganda, in this case though it isn't necessarily bad. But what I mean to say is that the modern sensibilities/restrictions definitely don't originate from logic.

On the other hand, I agree with most of what you said about Damian. The difference between Damian and other kids, though is that Damian has had a completely different childhood experience which shapes his perspective to be different from those other kids who would obey modern restrictions whereas Damian shows initiative of the opposite as you mention him as being "ballsy enough".
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis

He was constantly looking at her butt to the point that she actually felt uneasy LMAO.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @entropy_aegis said:
    He was constantly looking at her butt to the point that she actually felt uneasy LMAO.
    Thats what I'm sayin
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Gambler said:
    @entropy_aegis said:
    Thats what I'm sayin
    LOL.I can't wait for the next issue.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @entropy_aegis said:
    Haha, when'd that happen?
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @entropy_aegis said:
    Haha, when'd that happen?
    Batman Gates of Gotham 1.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Here's a couple scans that made me think that its possible:

First issue of the new Batgirl series we see Damian talking about Cass. Obviously someone's been keeping tabs on her

No Caption Provided

Couple issues later he comes right out and puts Steph on blast. Adding a little fanboy moment in there for kicks

No Caption Provided

And then theres the latest Cass sighting in Gates of Gotham. I really dont know what to think here (just Damian getting his creep on)
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @entropy_aegis: Thanks=]
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Gambler said:

First issue of the new Batgirl series we see Damian talking about Cass. Obviously someone's been keeping tabs on her
    No Caption Provided

Couple issues later he comes right out and puts Steph on blast. Adding a little fanboy moment in there for kicks

No Caption Provided

And then theres the latest Cass sighting in Gates of Gotham. I really dont know what to think here (just Damian getting his creep on)
    No Caption Provided
    Hilarious.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @entropy_aegis: I really think they're gonna set it up to where he has a crush on Cass Cain. I can see it.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Gambler said:
    @entropy_aegis: I really think they're gonna set it up to where he has a crush on Cass Cain. I can see it.
    I can see it happening,due to their similar backgrounds.He was trained to be the emperor of the league while she was trained to be their knight.
    Just hope it's done well.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @entropy_aegis: Same here. There's a chance for some dynamic character interaction that could see outsiders like Shiva, Talia, Bats, and Ras pulled into the mix.
    Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

#26  Edited By Duo_forbidden

I only see Damian admiring Cass as a worthy rival. I would like to see the two interact more in Gates of Gotham.
    Right now, I only see Damian having a crush on Kara (even tho he denies this lol).

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Gambler said:

@entropy_aegis: Same here. There's a chance for some dynamic character interaction that could see outsiders like Shiva, Talia, Bats, and Ras pulled into the mix.

True,don't forget Cain and possibly even Slade.As long as Judd ain't writing i'm pleased.
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jayskee

he belongs with catgirl
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vortex13
    @jayskee said:
    he belongs with catgirl
    cat girl is 15-16 he is 10, maybe when he gets a little older but I doubt catgirl would have anything to do with him.
    battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By battyfan1

i think he admires  cass......but i'm rooting fir cat girl as well.......

jukeboxheroabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jukeboxheroabc
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @Gambler said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Hilarious.
    Is it just me or does Damian seem to be staring at Cassandra's backside, (ofcourse along with sizing her up)?
    sputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sputnik
    @Ult_Vatican_Assassin: i would really like to see that part of damian's fanboy thing! do you know where i could find a scan online?
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iLLituracy
    @jukeboxheroabc said:
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @Gambler said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Hilarious.
    Is it just me or does Damian seem to be staring at Cassandra's backside, (ofcourse along with sizing her up)?
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fodigg

I don't see it. I think it's just the nature of fan shipping that is making people look for a romance for Damian, who is a non-sexual character. Damian and Cass are siblings. Adopted, yes, but siblings. I think this is more the opposite of his introduction to Grayson. He has heard incredible praise for Cass and has a sort of sibling worship thing going on and then he meets her and she's incredibly skilled but perhaps not what he expected. This is the inverse of seeing Grayson as a pretender but then being surprised by his competence.

The fact that one of the quotes comes out and says "god help Dick when he reaches puberty" hangs a lampshade on the fact that this is NOT sexual in nature and is instead something else. That, by comparison, this type of social awkwardness will be even worse when he DOES start expressing sexual desire. 

edit: Some more thoughts. 

Damian has been raised in an effective matriarchy. Sure, Ra's is the big icon and Bruce is his given rival, but Talia has been the shot-caller his whole life. He's learned to respect women as skilled opponents at the very least. He doesn't see them as sex objects. Combine that with the fact that he's too young to really have a sex drive, and I don't see him as crushing on anyone. Not Cass, not Kara, and definitely not Steph. As he gets older, sure, but for the moment I actually really like it because it makes his character different.  

Also, the fact that the writers keep lampshading that he's NOT a sexual creature means we get great lines like this: 

superojsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By superojsimpson
    @fodigg: so true. them being siblings.  but then how do you explain barbara and dick? sibling love? if so, then hell yeah!!
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fodigg
    @superojsimpson said:
    @fodigg: so true. them being siblings.  but then how do you explain barbara and dick? sibling love? if so, then hell yeah!!
    He never adopted Babs. She has a Dad, Jim Gordon. To Dick she's like "Dad's best bud's hot daughter."
    superojsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By superojsimpson
    @fodigg: ah. ok. so she's not part of the family. obviously!! silly me and my fantasies.
    rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By rogue_mar1e
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @Ult_Vatican_Assassin: I'm not sure if it's a crush so much as a high level of respect, which he's not quite sure how to express? He's socially retarded. 
    Lol this ^
    jukeboxheroabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jukeboxheroabc

@iLLituracy said:

@jukeboxheroabc said:
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @Gambler said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Hilarious.

Nice LOL. (sorry I haven't reposted, Long time since I checked this forum)

@fodigg: I bet that was Dick's first thought when he met Barbara.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BatteredArmor

I'm pretty sure he just plain out doesn't like her.......

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Video_Martian

I always thought Damien had a crush on Kara...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mercy_

Damian's best foils and relationships (Cass and Steph) other than Dick and kind of Bruce, were thrown out the window in the New 52. It's a damn shame.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By X9

Well, I don't think Damian is ready or the interest of having a crush on somebody.

He still has so much to work on and he's only 10. Give the boy a break. We all know romance through comics is always painful hehe.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By htb106

i say damian and kara and tim with cassie so the trinity are all related

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Onemoreposter

@HolySerpent said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
    @HolySerpent said:
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @HolySerpent said:
    O_o
    dont care. i can only dream

Have you read Generations? I think you would much enjoy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.