Crush?

#1 Posted by Ult_Vatican_Assassin (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Damian Wayne have a crush on Cassandra Cain? There was a moment back when Steph took over as Batgirl that Damian went...somewhat fanboy over Cass' reputation, and now, more recently in Gates of Gotham, there could be another? Guess it depends on how you interpret the look. So what does the CV community think? (I dont care isnt really an answer lol)

#2 Posted by HolySerpent (12337 posts) - - Show Bio

damian and kara belong together

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody's trying to get their post count up......

@Ult_Vatican_Assassin: I'm not sure if it's a crush so much as a high level of respect, which he's not quite sure how to express? He's socially retarded. 
#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent said:
O_o 
#5 Posted by HolySerpent (12337 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@HolySerpent said:
O_o 
to bring the superman dynasty and the batman dynasty together.. which it should have been done along time go
#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@HolySerpent said:
O_o 
to bring the superman dynasty and the batman dynasty together.. which it should have been done along time go
I don't see that working for numerous reasons. 
#7 Posted by HolySerpent (12337 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@HolySerpent said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@HolySerpent said:
O_o 
dont care. i can only dream
#8 Posted by comkid100 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd think it'd be funny from kara or cass to know/think that he has a crush on them and see how react different around him. Although i doubt cass would act that different.
#9 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio

he doesn't need to be with anyone, they are both way older than him, he is like 7 or 8
#10 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@doomsilver: That's just current social norms. I don't think Damian cares at all about anything like that. And, even lots of people still marry others with a significant age-discrepancy.
#11 Posted by Vortex13 (12156 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown: Yeah put typically that's in adult hood when both people are legally adults, a 16-18 year old dating a 10 year old is wrong. But ten years pass then it is no longer as bad. Lets put it in perspective, if I were to date someone 8 years younger then me, as it would be for Cass or Kara, I'd be dating 13 year old and I'm 21 does that seem like it's a healthy set up? No. It's gross as hell, and quite frankly I might need to wash just for saying it.
#12 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: You are still seeing this in the lens of modern sensibilities. There was no concept of a legal age before and people got married before they were even teens (although they were mostly female and the male was the older one) To me, Damian doesn't seem like the type to respect these modern values just from what he thinks about school, etc. I think he might have a crush on Kara, but I think it is more of a respect for Cass, because of her fighting prowess but who knows maybe some writer will take it a step further even though I sincerely hope not.
#13 Posted by Vortex13 (12156 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown: I understand that it was different back in the day but they also believed bleeding someone helped cure them of a fever. So there may also be logic involved but that's neither here nor there.

I agree that Damion probably wouldn't care about those modern restrictions as well, but honestly what little kid does? No kid thinks about age difference when they have a crush on someone older so that isn't really unique to him. He is ballsy enough to attempt to act as well. I think that your right about the respect for Cass and the crush on Kara. If he did act on his crush it would be interesting to see how he would react to his spurns being rejected. He is after all young though unlike most young men instead of feeling awkward and feeling sad for a week, he'd more likely go out of his way to make the subject of his affections get's in trouble some how. He isn't mature after all and he happens to be a tad bit more talented in plotting and fighting then most youngsters his age lol. He doesn't take defeat that well either which would definitely be portrayed in that story if they proceeded with it, which like you I hope they don't.
#14 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13
I don't think modern sensibilities have anything to do with logic. Logic doesn't say anything about whether or not you can be in a relationship with someone half your age. Logic doesn't at all comment on relationships. If anything, the modern restrictions serve more as a form of propaganda, in this case though it isn't necessarily bad. But what I mean to say is that the modern sensibilities/restrictions definitely don't originate from logic.

On the other hand, I agree with most of what you said about Damian. The difference between Damian and other kids, though is that Damian has had a completely different childhood experience which shapes his perspective to be different from those other kids who would obey modern restrictions whereas Damian shows initiative of the opposite as you mention him as being "ballsy enough".
#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (13597 posts) - - Show Bio

He was constantly looking at her butt to the point that she actually felt uneasy LMAO.

#16 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
He was constantly looking at her butt to the point that she actually felt uneasy LMAO.
Thats what I'm sayin
#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (13597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
@entropy_aegis said:
Thats what I'm sayin
LOL.I can't wait for the next issue.
#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
Haha, when'd that happen?
#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (13597 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@entropy_aegis said:
Haha, when'd that happen?
Batman Gates of Gotham 1.
#20 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a couple scans that made me think that its possible:

First issue of the new Batgirl series we see Damian talking about Cass. Obviously someone's been keeping tabs on her

Couple issues later he comes right out and puts Steph on blast. Adding a little fanboy moment in there for kicks

And then theres the latest Cass sighting in Gates of Gotham. I really dont know what to think here (just Damian getting his creep on)
#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: Thanks=]
#22 Posted by entropy_aegis (13597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

First issue of the new Batgirl series we see Damian talking about Cass. Obviously someone's been keeping tabs on her

Couple issues later he comes right out and puts Steph on blast. Adding a little fanboy moment in there for kicks

And then theres the latest Cass sighting in Gates of Gotham. I really dont know what to think here (just Damian getting his creep on)
Hilarious.
#23 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: I really think they're gonna set it up to where he has a crush on Cass Cain. I can see it.
#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (13597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
@entropy_aegis: I really think they're gonna set it up to where he has a crush on Cass Cain. I can see it.
I can see it happening,due to their similar backgrounds.He was trained to be the emperor of the league while she was trained to be their knight.
Just hope it's done well.
#25 Posted by Owen_Porter (83173 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: Same here. There's a chance for some dynamic character interaction that could see outsiders like Shiva, Talia, Bats, and Ras pulled into the mix.
#26 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

I only see Damian admiring Cass as a worthy rival. I would like to see the two interact more in Gates of Gotham.
Right now, I only see Damian having a crush on Kara (even tho he denies this lol).

#27 Edited by entropy_aegis (13597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

@entropy_aegis: Same here. There's a chance for some dynamic character interaction that could see outsiders like Shiva, Talia, Bats, and Ras pulled into the mix.

True,don't forget Cain and possibly even Slade.As long as Judd ain't writing i'm pleased.
#28 Posted by jayskee (1903 posts) - - Show Bio

he belongs with catgirl
#29 Posted by Vortex13 (12156 posts) - - Show Bio
@jayskee said:
he belongs with catgirl
cat girl is 15-16 he is 10, maybe when he gets a little older but I doubt catgirl would have anything to do with him.
#30 Posted by battyfan1 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he admires  cass......but i'm rooting fir cat girl as well.......

#31 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
@Gambler said:

Hilarious.
Is it just me or does Damian seem to be staring at Cassandra's backside, (ofcourse along with sizing her up)?
#32 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ult_Vatican_Assassin: i would really like to see that part of damian's fanboy thing! do you know where i could find a scan online?
#33 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio
@jukeboxheroabc said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Gambler said:

Hilarious.
Is it just me or does Damian seem to be staring at Cassandra's backside, (ofcourse along with sizing her up)?
#34 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see it. I think it's just the nature of fan shipping that is making people look for a romance for Damian, who is a non-sexual character. Damian and Cass are siblings. Adopted, yes, but siblings. I think this is more the opposite of his introduction to Grayson. He has heard incredible praise for Cass and has a sort of sibling worship thing going on and then he meets her and she's incredibly skilled but perhaps not what he expected. This is the inverse of seeing Grayson as a pretender but then being surprised by his competence.

The fact that one of the quotes comes out and says "god help Dick when he reaches puberty" hangs a lampshade on the fact that this is NOT sexual in nature and is instead something else. That, by comparison, this type of social awkwardness will be even worse when he DOES start expressing sexual desire. 

edit: Some more thoughts. 

Damian has been raised in an effective matriarchy. Sure, Ra's is the big icon and Bruce is his given rival, but Talia has been the shot-caller his whole life. He's learned to respect women as skilled opponents at the very least. He doesn't see them as sex objects. Combine that with the fact that he's too young to really have a sex drive, and I don't see him as crushing on anyone. Not Cass, not Kara, and definitely not Steph. As he gets older, sure, but for the moment I actually really like it because it makes his character different.  

Also, the fact that the writers keep lampshading that he's NOT a sexual creature means we get great lines like this: 

#35 Posted by superojsimpson (784 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: so true. them being siblings.  but then how do you explain barbara and dick? sibling love? if so, then hell yeah!!
#36 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio
@superojsimpson said:
@fodigg: so true. them being siblings.  but then how do you explain barbara and dick? sibling love? if so, then hell yeah!!
He never adopted Babs. She has a Dad, Jim Gordon. To Dick she's like "Dad's best bud's hot daughter."
#37 Posted by superojsimpson (784 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: ah. ok. so she's not part of the family. obviously!! silly me and my fantasies.
#38 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@Ult_Vatican_Assassin: I'm not sure if it's a crush so much as a high level of respect, which he's not quite sure how to express? He's socially retarded. 
Lol this ^
#39 Posted by jukeboxheroabc (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@iLLituracy said:

@jukeboxheroabc said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@Gambler said:

Hilarious.

Nice LOL. (sorry I haven't reposted, Long time since I checked this forum)

@fodigg: I bet that was Dick's first thought when he met Barbara.

#40 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure he just plain out doesn't like her.......

#41 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Damien had a crush on Kara...

#42 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian's best foils and relationships (Cass and Steph) other than Dick and kind of Bruce, were thrown out the window in the New 52. It's a damn shame.

#43 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I don't think Damian is ready or the interest of having a crush on somebody.

He still has so much to work on and he's only 10. Give the boy a break. We all know romance through comics is always painful hehe.

#44 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

i say damian and kara and tim with cassie so the trinity are all related

#45 Posted by Onemoreposter (3550 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
@HolySerpent said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@HolySerpent said:
O_o
dont care. i can only dream

Have you read Generations? I think you would much enjoy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.