Follow

Daken

Character » Daken appears in 1164 issues.

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

What if Daken became the next Venom?

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G Bird

Just think about it for a minute. I could really see this happening seeing that Mac Gargan is going to lose the Venom symbiote soon. Do you think he would make a good candidate to become Venom?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

dude stop making new "Venom" threads, seriously Gargan is fine is venom, what is your symbiote hang up, what are you like ten? is Venom the only comic character you like? or should i say dislike since you obviously hate gargan?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

I see this as the most plausible choice.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By G Bird
    @Caligula said:
    " dude stop making new "Venom" threads, seriously Gargan is fine is venom, what is your symbiote hang up, what are you like ten? is Venom the only comic character you like? or should i say dislike since you obviously hate gargan? "
    LOL calm down you little fruitcake, you riding my coattails lookin at every thread I make? Find somebody else to follow around and bitch at. I'm not even a big fan of Venom and like I said earlier I don't hate Gargan. Don't get your panties in a bunch kid, you mad?
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @Caligula: Cause it has been said in an interview with the writer of the Siege: Spider Man tie in that a new Venom will be chosen. Brand new one, which is what the OP was talking about.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King Quisling
    @G Bird: The symbiote can't bond with those who have healing factors. The only time it happened successfully was the Carnage symbiote merging with Deadpool; but that was just bad writing. 
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By G Bird
    @King Quisling said:
    " @G Bird: The symbiote can't bond with those who have healing factors. The only time it happened successfully was the Carnage symbiote merging with Deadpool; but that was just bad writing.  "
    Actually Wolverine has been bonded with the Venom symbiote before, at least twice. And Deadpool wasn't with the Carnage symbiote, it was just a red symbiote when New York got attacked by that wave of symbiotes and it looked like it was Carnage.
    Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lustwish

Nope, wouldn't work and most Wolverine readers and followers would not want that to happen.  That could work in maybe a What if.... type book but not with whats going on right now.  There are many others that are willing and without titles or gigs right now that could bond with him.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King Quisling
    @G Bird: Um, the 2 times I've seen a symbiote try to bond with Logan hiw HF rejected it.... And not saying your wrong but as I recall Symbiote DP was way before Doom's attack on Manhattan. Then again that was years ago and the hundreds of comics I've read since leave it a blur. 
    Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

What I wouldn't give for Venom to trip and fall through a hole in the Bleed and bond with Midnighter...

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

And while we're at it, Carnage could find its way to Grifter. I mean, look at that mask, they were made for each other. Plus, he's good at carnage

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @crimsonspider89 said:
    " @Caligula: Cause it has been said in an interview with the writer of the Siege: Spider Man tie in that a new Venom will be chosen. Brand new one, which is what the OP was talking about. "

interesting. When was that said? 

@G Bird said:
    "Just think about it for a minute. I could really see this happening seeing that Mac Gargan is going to lose the Venom symbiote soon. Do you think he would make a good candidate to become Venom? "

what makes you think Gargan is gonna lose the symbiote?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13  Edited By The_Martian
    @DEGRAAF:  Its already been stated that Mac Gargan is going to lose the symbiote in Siege and there will be a new host.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Buckshot said:
    "And while we're at it, Carnage could find its way to Grifter. I mean, look at that mask, they were made for each other. Plus, he's good at carnage.  "

who was the artist for the link. I loved the art on the page
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By -Eclipse-

A new Venom? 

LOL, Classic Marvel. Whenever their fans complain about something, they give the fans what they want... But not EXACTLY what they want. Be careful what you wish for when it comes to Marvel. 

Example: Spidey unveiling his identity in Civil War. 
    The Fans said: Boo! We want his identity to be secret again! 
    Marvel said: Sure thing! Oh, but we're also going to erase his marriage with MJ! 

This is a pretty similar situation. 
    The Fans said: Mac Gargan sucks as Venom! We love Eddie Brock! 
    Marvel said: OK! We'll get rid of Gargan-Venom! Oh, but we're gonna turn Brock into the total opposite of Venom and give the symbiote to someone completely different! That's what you wanted, right? 

Marvel are like the parents who, despite the fact that their kids write down exactly what they want for their birthdays on a list, still get them the wrong video game, because they think that the one they chose is better.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Nobody said:
    " @DEGRAAF:  Its already been stated that Mac Gargan is going to lose the symbiote in Siege and there will be a new host. "

interesting. I cant believe i missed that. I wonder if that means he will be one of the ones dying in Seige
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By Dakens son
    @Caligula said:
    " dude stop making new "Venom" threads, seriously Gargan is fine is venom, what is your symbiote hang up, what are you like ten? is Venom the only comic character you like? or should i say dislike since you obviously hate gargan? "
    I dont know about the personal likinkgs of this forums creator but I have to agree,enough with all that Venom canditatesfrom eddie brock to wolverine and then to Mcgargan dude that's it!
    they should atleast kill the venom character if it's going to change again and again

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By D3athstroke

It Will be Awesome 
    Daken Will be Perfect Host to Venom 

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Postacrat

Overkill
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By HellionVulcan

Why would daken need the symbiote as he would have no need for it nor would it add to his character .

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @HellionVulcan:
    it would expand venom tho. He would now dislike Wolverine as well and gain Dakes abilities. I think the problem with Venom is that he has evolved much as a character. He is still a spiderman Duplicate. When Gargan became venom he should have taken on the Scorpion king look with out the long hair.

i actually think it would be kinda cool if Daken took on the symbiote. Accepting it wholely. It wouldnt have to cover his face he could wear it as black clothing or black jeans and his tattoo. then when he wanted a costume it could be a black wolverine type costume. He could take on more of an animalistic type look. HE SHOULD NEVER LOOK LIKE SPIDERMAN! Also he would be to strong to lose control of the symbiote. It would given Venom more people to go against then just spiderman.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @-Eclipse- said:
    "

A new Venom? 

LOL, Classic Marvel. Whenever their fans complain about something, they give the fans what they want... But not EXACTLY what they want. Be careful what you wish for when it comes to Marvel. 

Example: Spidey unveiling his identity in Civil War. 
    The Fans said: Boo! We want his identity to be secret again! 
    Marvel said: Sure thing! Oh, but we're also going to erase his marriage with MJ! 

This is a pretty similar situation. 
    The Fans said: Mac Gargan sucks as Venom! We love Eddie Brock! 
    Marvel said: OK! We'll get rid of Gargan-Venom! Oh, but we're gonna turn Brock into the total opposite of Venom and give the symbiote to someone completely different! That's what you wanted, right? 

Marvel are like the parents who, despite the fact that their kids write down exactly what they want for their birthdays on a list, still get them the wrong video game, because they think that the one they chose is better.

".
    Sadly, the events of "SIEGE Spider-man" prove this.... cause obviously, Mac is still Venom.
    RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By RealityWarper
    @-Eclipse-:   I prefer Eddie Brock as Anti-Venom.
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By SladeRogers

I would love to see Daken as Venom. I think it would be cool for a mini-series or sumthin.
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By ReverseNegative

Not a bad idea. I don't really like Mac Gargan as Venom.

ethanrjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ethanrjc

It seems true that the symbiote can't really affect people like Wolverine or Daken because of their healing factors, but there is a possible way around this;

in the most recent Daken comics, he is getting very addicted to this strange new drug called "Heat", and not only does it make all of his senses go out of wack (the art is amazing is these sequences when he is tripping out),

it also destroys his healing factor and leaves him at a high risk of actually getting killed and not being able to heal because of it. He enjoys the added edge that the drug adds to his work because he could actually die, and he doesn't have his healing factor to rely on.

I think Daken would love the added factor of Venom if he really wanted to go on an all out rage on his father... he would just have to use the Heat drug along with the symbiote....

in fact, ANY symbiote, I think CARNAGE would be even cooler for Daken to use than Venom. Just fits the mood better if he wanted to go all out on Wolverine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.