Levels of Punishment

#1 Posted by Doombert (517 posts) - - Show Bio

In the rematch of Daken and Punisher (Franken-Castle) I think it's a general concenses that he really isnt written in-character.  Maybe that is up for argument.  Irrigardless that's not what this thread is about.
 
The amount of damage that Daken has taken in the rematch is too much.  I enjoyed the abount of violence dont get me wrong.  What I'm saying is he SHOULDNT be able to take all that.  I think the amount of punishment his body took in the very begining of the second chapter should have been enough for a KO.  Granted its all for entertainment value etc but I always looked at Daken as a glass cannon compared to his father.  
 
All I'm saying is if this were Wolverine vs Franken-Castle I could see Logan taking some shots like that.  The adamantium would keep him protected from some injuries that a normal body couldnt take...such as...
 

 
 
Just my 2 cents.
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Has it been established that Daken's healing factor is inferior to Wolverine's then?  

Moderator
#3 Edited by ryderman (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
The Adamantium in Wolverine's body causes his healing factor to work slower than it would without as it is constantly fighting the metal poisoning in his body. As Daken doesn't have Adamantium in his body, then it can be assumed his healing factor is superior to Wolverine's as there isn't anything to hinder it.
#4 Posted by Doombert (517 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Has it been established that Daken's healing factor is inferior to Wolverine's then?   "
No, if anything, like Ryderman said it could be better.  My argument was without the adamantium he is less durable.  The point I had drawn was trying to elude to the fact that he doesnt have some of the same protection against vital area's that Logan has, mainly his skull.  Logan has taken shots to the brain before (Deadpool) and has been ko'd by it. (Shot went underneath the jaw into the head).  I just dont see how a guy without that added protection to continue to fight almost unphased.  
 
Maybe Im nit picking but my single largest complain I ever had with Wolverine was irregularites with his healing factor/durabilty. The whole point of his adamantium is to make him more durable.  To take obscene amounts of punishment and keep coming.  Daken doesnt have that.  He has a different fighting style all together.  He has demonstrated he is quite good at avoiding damage that his dad would normally tank just to get in close.  I liked that.  The last comic just didnt demonstrate that at all for me and that makes me a sad panda.
#5 Posted by ryderman (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doombert:
I can see where you're coming from. It's already been established Daken doesn't have the same durability as his father. Their battle in Wolverine Origins 48 when Wolverine recovered first because of his Adamantium. It does demonstrate a lack of inconsistancy because of Daken beasting through almost everything Frank throws at him when he has been taken down by a single bullet to the head and shut down by the magical explosion of the Muramasa material colliding for prolonged periods. The main reason for this inconsistancy I believe is for shock value and to sell more issues. Daken would have to be able to last for a long time if the crossover is spread over four issues. I've personally liked the crossover thus far and don't mind the damage inconsistancy. I much prefer his characterisation in his own book anyway with writers who have a far better grasp of him, but you do raise a good point.
#6 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy survived from being ripped from his mother woond,do you thing some stabs,cuts and bruises could  stop him?
the dude got wipped to death by carbonadium ropes(wolverine origins 15),the only matterial that can negate them both
Don't you think that  dear Daky is strong enough to take care of some badass maniac?

#7 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio
@ryderman said:
" @Doombert: I can see where you're coming from. It's already been established Daken doesn't have the same durability as his father. Their battle in Wolverine Origins 48 when Wolverine recovered first because of his Adamantium. It does demonstrate a lack of inconsistancy because of Daken beasting through almost everything Frank throws at him when he has been taken down by a single bullet to the head and shut down by the magical explosion of the Muramasa material colliding for prolonged periods. The main reason for this inconsistancy I believe is for shock value and to sell more issues. Daken would have to be able to last for a long time if the crossover is spread over four issues. I've personally liked the crossover thus far and don't mind the damage inconsistancy. I much prefer his characterisation in his own book anyway with writers who have a far better grasp of him, but you do raise a good point. "
I totally agree!!!
#8 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dakens son: But in those cases, he's surviving traumatic injury (which makes sense, and is consistent with his healing factor). Cuts and bruises are fine, but Daken isn't supposed to have any greater resilience to injury than anyone else, as far as is his powers go. He takes the damage, and then he heals it. A grenade to the face would likely be something that would kill Daken, because it would decapitate him. It's not a question of whether he's strong enough, so much as it is a question of "hey, Daken, what are your bones made of that you're surviving an explosion to the face without having your skull shattered?". I mean, it could work for Wolverine, but human bones just aren't made for that kind of abuse. But then, given what Daken has cut through with his bone claws (which are I guess supposed to have greater density than bone), I'm wondering if we're going to find out that his entire skeleton is denser than normal.
#9 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio
@WoundingFactor said:
" @Dakens son: But in those cases, he's surviving traumatic injury (which makes sense, and is consistent with his healing factor). Cuts and bruises are fine, but Daken isn't supposed to have any greater resilience to injury than anyone else, as far as is his powers go. He takes the damage, and then he heals it. A grenade to the face would likely be something that would kill Daken, because it would decapitate him. It's not a question of whether he's strong enough, so much as it is a question of "hey, Daken, what are your bones made of that you're surviving an explosion to the face without having your skull shattered?". I mean, it could work for Wolverine, but human bones just aren't made for that kind of abuse. But then, given what Daken has cut through with his bone claws (which are I guess supposed to have greater density than bone), I'm wondering if we're going to find out that his entire skeleton is denser than normal. "
Check:dark reign the list-Punisher,in that issue Daken was traped by castles bomb attached to his upper arm(a bit under his neck) which destroyed his uniform but his body was totaly healed
on the other hand cyber and Romulus have mentioned his superior healing factor in comparison with wolverine(can't rmember the exact issues but its from wolverine origins).
#10 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, and that's what I'm saying: the depiction of his powers isn't consistent with what they're said to be. He has a healing factor, so healing makes sense. What doesn't make sense is not having his arm blown off when a bomb is attached to it. He's not Luke Cage.
 
And yeah, I remember the healing being superior (which makes sense, given that his skeleton isn't plated in metal).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.