Has Daken Received A Make-Over...?

• 71 results
#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
Wolverine: The Road To Hell #1
It seems that with the launch of the new Daken: Dark Wolverine series, that Daken is finally going to wear a new outfit of his own.  It's obviously based on the old 'brown' Wolverine suit he's been wearing the last few years, but without the pointy 'ears' on his mask. 

So... what do you think?  Anyone like the more rounded looking Daken?  Is it less confusing?  Or not nearly Wolverine-like for you? 

Daken: Dark Wolverine #1

DAKEN: DARK WOLVERINE #1

Written by DANIEL WAY & MARJORIE LIU Art & Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Variant Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
For decades, Daken, the son of Wolverine, remained hidden in the shadows of the Marvel Universe, methodically plotting how he would one day dominate the world around him. And now, with his father’s soul hanging in the balance, that day has come. This is the beginning.
40 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99    
#2 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

it looks stupid.

#3 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it! it's different from wolverine!

#4 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the bottom one (probably cause its shadowed). But the top one looks ridiculous.

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
" it looks stupid. "
#6 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

the top one looks stupid,
the bottom one looks like Midnighter with claws.

#7 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I like the bottom one (probably cause its shadowed). But the top one looks ridiculous. "
#8 Posted by darkxman123 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

the top one look bad they should chance the design or something i think

#9 Posted by chris thompson (858 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
"it looks stupid. "
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The two images are of the same outfit, just in different lighting.  However, because they've both used extreme lighting (or extreme shadows) it's hard to tell just what colours they really are meant to be... I'm guessing a different combination of light & dark browns. 

I'm more disturbed by the easy access zipper that drops to the bottom of his groin :p

#11 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

................... ok apparently i'm the only who likes it! Fabulous! 

#12 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew, I don't like it, the mask is not good, it's like a homage to Wolverine, but it just isn't for my taste, I'd prefer if he'd had like an X-Force type mask

#13 Posted by Rosebunse (151 posts) - - Show Bio
@fb dark angel:
I'm here with you! For me, it looks has the ridiculousness of the classic Wolverine suit with a slight modern twist. From a character stand point, I think it makes sense. Both Logan and Daken have horrible fashion sense. And now that he's had a taste of wearing a costume-which may be addicting, considering that everyone but Cage wears one-he can't stop! but, I like it. It looks better than what he usually wears.
#14 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like it :/

#15 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

The image with Wolverine and X-23 looks horrible. I can't really just it from the solo image.

#16 Posted by Peevo (39 posts) - - Show Bio

His costume should let the mohawk flow freely.

#17 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks stupid and reminds me of Shocker.
#18 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosebunse: thank you!
#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

If only there were a slit in the middle where his mohawk can stick out. He looks more feline now, I don't like it.

Annnnd another Male hero covered in as much fabric as possible.

#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"Annnnd another Male hero covered in as much fabric as possible. "
Yeah, but it's Daken... so you just know there'll be many excuses to get his kit off & in bed with anything that moves... ;)
#21 Posted by Dane (10603 posts) - - Show Bio

written by Daniel Way. 

Looks like he gets to ruin another character, thanks Marvel.

#22 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the costume itself is fine the clolurs i dont like the pic of unifrom in shadow where it appears all black looks better, not sure about the zipper either makes it look like a toddler style romper suit

#23 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

it looks extremely dumb. He should of stuck with the jeans and mohawk, that could be the dumbest new costume out, something about it reminds me of shocker from spiderman      

#24 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a rapist in a gimp suit, even the comedian has better taste

#25 Edited by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

also Daken hates Wolverine so why are they teamed up here? and Wolverines spikes on his head look WAY to big and dumb and look like they should be cut off too. That whole family shouldnt wear masks x-23's got the right idea
#26 Posted by conflik1986 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno I think the design has potential... he looks kinda like red robin to me but hey if he look as stupid as most seem to say I'm sure Marvel will revamp it

#27 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio
@Peevo said:
" His costume should let the mohawk flow freely. "
Yeah thats a good idea

#28 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio

its an awesome costume.it looks more like a ninja with claws than wolverine without adamantium

#29 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @pixelized said:
Yeah, but it's Daken... so you just know there'll be many excuses to get his kit off & in bed with anything that moves... ;) "
That's why I love him. How have he and Northstar not bedded yet? Who doesn't sleep with the son of the guy that killed him?
#30 Posted by camodude (193 posts) - - Show Bio

lame......so lame

#31 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @pixelized said:
Yeah, but it's Daken... so you just know there'll be many excuses to get his kit off & in bed with anything that moves... ;) "
That's why I love him. How have he and Northstar not bedded yet? Who doesn't sleep with the son of the guy that killed him? "
It's gonna happen.  It'll be Northstar or the one other Marvel character who is desperate to bed everyone... Shatterstar!  ;)
#32 Edited by Postacrat (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow....it's not that bad give it a chance at least....Or don't...I don't care, I myself like it.  I agree on the mo hawk thing though, that would set it off.

#33 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither like or dislike, for now at least. 

P.S.: What happened to his wrist claws?
#34 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: wolverine cut them out.
#35 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio
@council elite:
Ok thanks.
#36 Posted by The Dude. (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the third claw??

#37 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel said:
" I like it! it's different from wolverine! "
Same here
#38 Posted by John Valentine (16311 posts) - - Show Bio

That costume is terrible. 

#39 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" If only there were a slit in the middle where his mohawk can stick out. He looks more feline now, I don't like it.  Annnnd another Male hero covered in as much fabric as possible. "
The Mohawk would have set that costume off, it just looks a little to odd.
#40 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid.

#41 Edited by Phoenix XII (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see him in the fang costume!
#42 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. It's better than him running in street-level clothes IMO. BTW if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all & quit freaking nagging or don't post here jeeze

#43 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel said:
" ................... ok apparently i'm the only who likes it! Fabulous! 

"
OOOOHHHH I'm stealing that. But i do agree w/ it. 
#44 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him better when he wouldn't use his uniform much. Having a costume is fine for say, Captain America, Spider-man, and even the X-men for much of the time, but that's because part of their whole deal is being visible and inspiring people. It even makes sense for some super-villians (particularly the ones who have functional costumes and aren't completely "there" in the head, or for ones who use their costumes as performance pieces of intimidation), but by and large, it just becomes a giant identifying symbol. Daken had (despite his trademark hairstyle) been a character who was very much about moving around in the shadows and keeping his actions hidden (this is even shown when he uses Wolverine's old costume), so it has made sense to see him in civilian clothing most of the time, since he's all about blending in. This new costume of his kinda ugly, and I'm kind not seeing why he'd even feel the need to have a costume, unless he wants to keep playing superhero (emphasis on "playing") 

#45 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
One of the fine principles in life: everything looks better when Marco Djurdjevic is behind it. 

#46 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

At least that mask hides his stupid haircut. I noticed in every pic that he's only popping 2 claws out. Hope they leave it that way cause he's 3rd claw is silly looking.

#47 Posted by WoundingFactor (178 posts) - - Show Bio
@ahumancartoon: It might be silly looking, but when you've got claws for stabbing, the arrangement Daken had was more effective than his dad's. Of course, he seems to use them for slashing, mostly, so I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot.
#48 Edited by marconius (3 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of a ridiculous outfit is that? I mean where talking about Daken here not some 2 bit charc thats desperate for any outfit that's drawn.
Why don't they just stick with his Dark Avenger outfit the black/red 1 and adjust it a bit like showing the mohawk, and a litle more loose pants.
Daken said in an origin book he doesnt like to hide his face, so why not without a mask, I mean c'mon creators, give him a suit that maches what he likes himself a bit,
and that brings out his personality, I'd give him his Dark Avengers suit without mask and no sleaves with sortof wristbands or something with a black loser kind of ali baba pants :)

#49 Edited by marconius (3 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just if you cover a charc completly in a tight suit without any anhancments at al it looks like a ninja or a pajama party.
and a brown/yellow ninja looks stupid,so mask of give some space for skin at places +a cool belt and youre there I'd ad a loser pans to but that's just me

#50 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel said:
" I like it! it's different from wolverine! "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.