Follow

Daken

Character » Daken appears in 1164 issues.

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

Drugs are Bad M'kay

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By lady_toyano
    Father Flip a Heat Pill!
    Father Flip a Heat Pill!

I'm allready feeling the sadness approaching due to Daken's series being canceled. His lifestyle was just to hardcore rock n roll for Marvel to handle, so I he's going to be given the ultimate send off thanks to a terminal disease thus erasing him from the marvel scape.

Sigh, your shenanigans rebooted my interest in comics, but alas my dark misguided, egotistical, snazzily dressed, manipulative, Daken faced, depraved bisexual, agent of chaos, anti-villain Daken aka Akihiro, your time will be coming to an end during the month of my birthday. Oh woe is me, what a bitter present I will receive come this March, sighhh...

darkwolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkwolverine

I feel the same way. The worst thing about Daken being cancelled is that now we will never see his fight against Bucky, unless by some miracle they decide to show that story in Bucky's upcoming title.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lady_toyano

@darkwolverine: i kknoowwwww. i was so happy that there was progress and he shifted his attention from avenging on wolverine to. i was totally just chillin back and biding my time bc i knew that he was gonna go after bucky, it was only a matter of when and which tactic he would use. this last arc has been a hot mess dealing with that drug, but i must admit that seeing the player get played by who he least expected was quite the eye quirker. ive even found myself quite fond of donna and the catch and chase game she and daken play. i just have so many feelings about the news of his series being cancelled and him being killd off.

i mean tons of folks get their series taken away, but then they just go join another team or bcome cameo queens, which i would have despised for hat to happen to daken, but u always hold hopw for them gaining the spotlight again, but listing freakn terminal disease and talks of redemption is so finite.

sorry about the no caps, my phone wont let me shift when typing here.

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Dakens son

Don't lose hope brother,

cos possibly he is going to be included in a team,

be it wolverine's x-men or x-force.

Believe me when I say it,he's here to stay...

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lykopis

M-kay - I had no idea about Daken's future...just read the new issue with the Runaways and saw nothing there that mentioned any terminal disease, etc.

I can only hope they intend for him to join another book - not so much as a team member, but villain/something. Like in the new Astonishing line-up. I would love to see some more scenes between him and Gambit and another confrontation between my designer dudded guy and his dad.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lady_toyano

@Dakens son: really dakens son, really1 your giving me some hope in the daken less future it seems marvel is promoting. i love his solo, but what he stole my intreset most in at first was when he was on a team. and wow if he joined xforce, i could rorally buy the heck out of that series. thats the one they also brough...a... nightcrawler back in. now wolvernes xmen....that just sounds interesting on 9 different levels. daken with childeren...hrm...im allready buying it, but i may get al obsessive and buy two coppies haha. well u have certainly made me feel a wee bit better in that u have so much faith in the staying power of aken, but we wont know for sure till march. comics are such masters of missleading covers n stuff.

oh and if were gonna be familiar bro, you should refer to me as sister since im a lady. woot, thanks for the news.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@darkwolverine said:

I feel the same way. The worst thing about Daken being cancelled is that now we will never see his fight against Bucky, unless by some miracle they decide to show that story in Bucky's upcoming title.

I think its going to happen there.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lady_toyano

@lykopis: i didnt either until i got the news from a few comic blogs i was following putting all the series to be cancelled on blast, and then the tag lines for the next few issues being all finite with talks of finding a kindread spirt, and then contracting a terminal disease. why oh why do u toy with my emotions marvel.

oh snap, u too want to see him interact with gambit again? i totally want a reset game and match on that one too haha. i dont know anything about another designer dude and friend? where was that from, i needs to check that out haha.

oh joining the ranks of reformed villians in astonishing eh? curious indeed. id totally by that one then bc ive been on the fence about it, i love wolverine and the xmen bc its a return to a lighter side of comics and groth and development for the childeren, but astonishing...idk how long ill be with that series....or am i thinkinthinking othinking of regenisi...they start muddeling after a whil. i think a possible run with xforce could be neat....ok, i just wanted he and nightcrawler to interact, but its not the same with the new one....i suppose i shsould read more before judging.

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dakens son

@lady_toyano: The thing is that Daken is a fan favorite along with x-23.

Stopping the character will be a huge salling dive,

the funny thing is that some people won't buy Daken monthly but they'd like to grab and issue every now and then just to catch up.

On the other hand issue 21 isn't the last but the first issue(or maybe the prologue) of a crossover with wolverine.

Also,seeing all those twists and turns in his soul and persona from dark wolverine to daken:dark wolverine 18 and from D.Way-M.Liu to R.Williams,sending Daken to comics limbo,would be the most idiotic of choices ever made

and with all those cancellations we are talking about a draw back that will send the company back to 90's mess.I bet my boots the character is here to stay just under a common roof with other heroes.

ooops! sorry sis didn't want to be rude,let's grab a beer and chin up!hehehe!

woot?

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dakens son

I forgot to add that girls who dig Daken are girls to be admired!

thumbs up!

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lady_toyano

@Dakens son said:

@lady_toyano: The thing is that Daken is a fan favorite along with x-23.

Stopping the character will be a huge salling dive,

the funny thing is that some people won't buy Daken monthly but they'd like to grab and issue every now and then just to catch up.

On the other hand issue 21 isn't the last but the first issue(or maybe the prologue) of a crossover with wolverine.

Also,seeing all those twists and turns in his soul and persona from dark wolverine to daken:dark wolverine 18 and from D.Way-M.Liu to R.Williams,sending Daken to comics limbo,would be the most idiotic of choices ever made

and with all those cancellations we are talking about a draw back that will send the company back to 90's mess.I bet my boots the character is here to stay just under a common roof with other heroes.

ooops! sorry sis didn't want to be rude,let's grab a beer and chin up!hehehe!

woot?

like everything u just said here makes m like sooo freakn hopeful for the future of daken. i totally see it as such an omega waste for them to get rid of him after all that awesome developmet and not to mention all of the made of awesome potential storylines he could get into. bac to the 90s bro, no, we would get hit back to the mid 80s if they do that shiz just bc of the progress they have made with the charecter spectrum. i was so happy with when d.way and m.liu were making daken. everything was rite with the world then.

oh no worries, you are good, just thought id let ya know bc i am what i am haha. i would love to do a toast over this, but im totally frlly drinker, if there isnt any fruit or cream in it, i dont even bother haha.

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lady_toyano

@Dakens son: oh and whuuttt. ive always considered dudes who admit to liking daken to be pretty awesome dudes.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lykopis

@lady_toyano said:

@lykopis: i didnt either until i got the news from a few comic blogs i was following putting all the series to be cancelled on blast, and then the tag lines for the next few issues being all finite with talks of finding a kindread spirt, and then contracting a terminal disease. why oh why do u toy with my emotions marvel.

oh snap, u too want to see him interact with gambit again? i totally want a reset game and match on that one too haha. i dont know anything about another designer dude and friend? where was that from, i needs to check that out haha.

oh joining the ranks of reformed villians in astonishing eh? curious indeed. id totally by that one then bc ive been on the fence about it, i love wolverine and the xmen bc its a return to a lighter side of comics and groth and development for the childeren, but astonishing...idk how long ill be with that series....or am i thinkinthinking othinking of regenisi...they start muddeling after a whil. i think a possible run with xforce could be neat....ok, i just wanted he and nightcrawler to interact, but its not the same with the new one....i suppose i shsould read more before judging.

LOL - I just adore Daken and I just adore Gambit. Seeing them together would just about kill me. But they need to bring him back to the way he way in the beginning of the series - not now.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lykopis

@lady_toyano said:

@Dakens son: oh and whuuttt. ive always considered dudes who admit to liking daken to be pretty awesome dudes.

Yup.

@Dakens son said:

I forgot to add that girls who dig Daken are girls to be admired!

thumbs up!

And another yup. :)

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lady_toyano

@lykopis: i totally agree on that one. when they did met in the x23 crossover it totally left somthing to be desired, but it was still quite humorous. i wish they would have meet back in his crazy days before he had all this fatility stuff doing him in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.