Follow

Daken

Character » Daken appears in 1164 issues.

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

Daken's Tattoos...

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

Can somebody clear this up for me?

I read somewhere that Wolverine dosen't have any tattoos because of his healing factor... 
    Since tattoos are scars... his healing factor gets rid of them...

How can Daken then have tattoos?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

maybe he got them before his powers manifested

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By castleking
    i have tats.. i was under the impression scars on ur tats is a bad tat job.. :(

i also thought that the ink is below the skin and the skin simply heals over it..
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4  Edited By sora_thekey
    @castleking said:
    " i have tats.. i was under the impression scars on ur tats is a bad tat job.. :(

i also thought that the ink is below the skin and the skin simply heals over it..
    "

See I didn't know that.. so the ink would stay even when the skin heals?
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By castleking
    yeah.. but if the tat ink and needle didnt penetrate deep ur body can push it out and reject it when your body heals and the scab falls off taking the ink with it.

possible and likely that a HF would push the ink out regardless of depth.
    drdanny10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By drdanny10293
    @castleking said:
    "yeah.. but if the tat ink and needle didnt penetrate deep ur body can push it out and reject it when your body heals and the scab falls off taking the ink with it.

possible and likely that a HF would push the ink out regardless of depth.
    "
    Bathory1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bathory1313

It was mentioned early on in Ultimate xmen that wolverine has had ink done, stating that it would last for a little bit and then get heal. Even if it's under the skin deep penetrating tattooing, it's still a wound and hence would heal. I think it was in Vol 3 of Wolverine where he was shot and popped a bullet out like a pimple, same type of thing.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By iLLituracy

If he got it before his power manifested it'd be understandable because the healing factor probably wouldn't register it as damage to the body if it was there previous to it's manifestation (even though a healing factor isn't sentient).

mdayschaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mdayschaos

cant he meditate to negate his his healing factor from absorbing the ink
    wolverine did that to negate the mutation

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By castleking
    logan has stated his HF is always on the best he can do is focus and direct it in a meditative or delirious  state.
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

#11  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Daken's tatoos have not healed up all the way because his healing factor is less powerful than wolverines. Or maybe it is his birthmark, paint or something else.  

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is probable that Romulus gave him the tattoo and it could have like carbodium power in it or something like that that would be just enough to keep his healing factor from healing the tattoo but not enough to really hamper him. Or it could be done by Romulus and be like the tattoos Bishop, Jamie(Multiple-Man), and Layla Miller have that imprints on their DNA. Finally it is possible that healing factors are driven on a subconscious level and because Daken truly wants the tattoo his healing factor wont rub it out. This would also explain why if a person with a healing factor has his/her hair bunt off it grows back just like it was before the hair was burnt off but the hair wouldnt grow back if they got a hair cut.
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Yung ANcient One

i like Todds... Theory... so i agree with that and add that maybe... teh Tattoo does get pushed off the Skin but it takes a long time... like 10yrs to be fully pushed out... and since Daken has only been around for a lil while... maybe he barely got the tattoo so maybe in 10 yrs he wont have it...

Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Blackestnight1

A tattoo is not a scar it's just ink below the skin.  It's not an injury, it's basically just dyed the cells so they aren't going to replace themselves. However were you to be cut there deep enough your skin would grow back without the ink (if you had super healing) So if Daken were to be burned or shot in the arm it would erase his tattoo as his skin returned. The other explanation is it's not normal ink. 
    I think they were hinting at something when he was afraid of dragons.

I've always wondered if he has the Muramasa blades why it doesn't slow down his own healing? I mean they do pop out of his hands so they are cutting him.  They make him faster and stronger and able to injure super healers, but shouldn't they also hurt him too?

WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WoundingFactor
    @Blackestnight: Yes, the Muramasa blades in his forearms should have had that effect on him. Even with the adamantium sheathes that they were put in, they'd still be cutting through skin and tissue each time they came out. But hey, now that you mention it, given the shape of the sheathes, how exactly was he supposed to be popping those claws out anyways? Wolverine's claws are depicted as being attached to tendons, and physiologically speaking, the tendons would have to be anchored near the base of the claws.
    Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Blackestnight1
    @WoundingFactor:  I thought of some different Z shaped like bone strutures, but I'd guess he's got some strong muslces in his arms that are just as controlable to him as our tongues are to us that can shoot forward and push the blades out and thin at max distance the base of the blade actually hooks on to a little lack calcium deposit locking into place like a crab claw can lock shut. But I'm making that all up. It's workable but it's not in ay official daken books.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Fact is comics are just retarded sometimes and simply want their character to look badass. Take my friend Deathstroke for example. His wife shot him in his right eye his healing factor saved him but his eye never came back obviously and we can not deny that eye patch makes him look hard. Now fast forward a few years Black Canary rips out his left eye and BAM couple of threats later it's back not to mention his Healing Factor instantly realigning a severed and snapped in half spinal chord and a gouged heart.

Than we have Bart Allen who got a tattoo had no problems while getting a tattoo now consider tattoos take even for a small one at least 45 minutes and that is minimum for a small one. So no problem for all that time second he walks out the door his healing factor erases it. Now you can say it was for the laughs but still come on.

WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WoundingFactor
    @Blackestnight: That would be workable too, but it comes up against the same problems as the tendon idea. The claws were housed inside adamantium sheathes, and just looking at them, they weren't exactly made with any compressible parts, so unless Daken has muscles that are strong enough to warp adamatium (don't ask me why they felt it was necessary to use adamantium for the sheathes), he still wouldn't be able to do anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.