Follow

Daken

Character » Daken appears in 1164 issues.

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

Daken Issue 16: Continuity Error with him have 3 claws.. come on.

ethanrjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ethanrjc

This whole series, Daken has had 2 claws like he should have. I understand that Daken used to have Murasama blades in his arms acting as third claws, but that they were eventually removed somehow. He hasnt had these things this whole series, and now suddenly hes got them.

Is this the artist's mistake? I'm already having trouble with the new artist the past few issues, it's just not as good as it was before, but now he draws in a continuity problem?? Lammme.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

@ethanrjc: he's had them a few other times in the series as well....the 3rd claw on his wrist was coated in the Murasama blade metal and removed by Wolverine but it's possible that with his healing factor that his bone claws grew back

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

Indeed as others have noted, he still has his third claw, it grew back, its just no longer coated in non stick coating.  

I wish my third claw would grow back. I stuck it in a three trying to get some honey and then a talking piglet, tiger, and donkey attacked me. Never will forget that sad, sad day. Then later a movie too and then home. Oh, it's such a perfect day. Wait, that's not how the song goes...

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Dakens son

I really can't understand the existence of forums like this one!

Why or if Daken got the third claw?Seriously?

The guy lived through a megaton bomb explosion,more than a year back he managed to survive Thor's thunderstruck,he can survive a napalm bomb and the question is:"does he have a third claw?"

WOOOW talking about lack of imagination!

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daak1212

Yes he dosent like to use is third claw but it's still there even though once removed. His bones can grow back because of the healing factor

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Dakens son

@daak1212 said:

Yes he dosent like to use is third claw but it's still there even though once removed. His bones can grow back because of the healing factor

Exaaaaactly!

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

He's also trying to keep a low profile lately and the three hole punch left behind when he stabs someone with all three claws is like a calling card.

ethanrjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ethanrjc

lmao didnt mean to make anybody freak out... Ive only collected Daken's most recent series , Daken: Dark Wolverine, so all i have to go on about Daken's history/past are from online summaries and the use of my imagination to understand all the past story lines that have happened before and aren't refered to in the book i am reading.

ethanrjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ethanrjc

@daak1212 said:

oh but i just thought he was born with only two natural bone claws? wasnt the third one just that sword?

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Postacrat

@ethanrjc said:

@daak1212 said:

oh but i just thought he was born with only two natural bone claws? wasnt the third one just that sword?

No daken has a third claw, and he always has. It acts as a calling card and some what similar to the hidden blade. I really don't see why people dislike it so much, it is an excellent assassination tool for killing a target and disappearing before anybody notices. It's also an element of surprise thing like X-23's Talons.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.