Follow

Daken

Character » Daken appears in 1164 issues.

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

Daken In Wolverine Goes To Hell ****Spoilers****

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

This thread will contain some spoilers. 

In the latest issue (#3) I completely missed Daken's bait & switch with Hellverine. How did he pull it off?
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    It was never really explained, really. Whether it was simply an illusion, a decoy, or the remains of someone else that the demonic Wolverine switched with Daken can only be speculated. I'd go with decoy, though. The body was practically incinerated for a reason - so that people could not identify Daken through an examination of the body, hence why the police relied on eye-witness accounts to do so. It seems more like a "prestige" trick, more than anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
    "It was never really explained, really. Whether it was simply an illusion, a decoy, or the remains of someone else that the demonic Wolverine switched with Daken can only be speculated. I'd go with decoy, though. The body was practically incinerated for a reason - so that people could not identify Daken through an examination of the body, hence why the police relied on eye-witness accounts to do so. It seems more like a "prestige" trick, more than anything. "

Thanks. I feel much better now. I read it over a few times and could not for the life of me figure out where the switch had taken place.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "It was never really explained, really. Whether it was simply an illusion, a decoy, or the remains of someone else that the demonic Wolverine switched with Daken can only be speculated. I'd go with decoy, though. The body was practically incinerated for a reason - so that people could not identify Daken through an examination of the body, hence why the police relied on eye-witness accounts to do so. It seems more like a "prestige" trick, more than anything. "
    Thanks. I feel much better now. I read it over a few times and could not for the life of me figure out where the switch had taken place. "
    It's possible the switch occurred when Daken went to the bathroom at the end of # 2. If we assume it was a decoy that the demonic Wolverine incinerated at the end ot the same issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_:
    Very good point, I should have gone back and read issue #2 but that would have required effort on my part.  

I'm absolutely loving this arc so far.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @Morpheus_: Very good point, I should have gone back and read issue #2 but that would have required effort on my part.   I'm absolutely loving this arc so far. "
    I enjoyed # 2 the most, Daken's interactions with Mystique were great, and felt natural to both characters. I must admit # 3 didnt sit well to me for some reason; on one hand it is entirely in character for Daken to stage his death, but on the other, the issue was lacking the intense atmosphere of # 2. I do look forward to the upcoming issues, though.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Dakens son
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    " @Morpheus_: Very good point, I should have gone back and read issue #2 but that would have required effort on my part.   I'm absolutely loving this arc so far. "
    I enjoyed # 2 the most, Daken's interactions with Mystique were great, and felt natural to both characters. I must admit # 3 didnt sit well to me for some reason; on one hand it is entirely in character for Daken to stage his death, but on the other, the issue was lacking the intense atmosphere of # 2. I do look forward to the upcoming issues, though. "
    I felt the same way but I think it was because actualy the first three issues were somekind of prologue for what happened to Wolverine,just showing Dakens contribution on Logans damnation.
    Don't know about you guys but I can't wait for the time when Daken will come face to face with X-23,it was shown at the wolverine's family issue that finally they've met,I was  a bit dissapointed that it didn't occure in those first issues
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Dakens son said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    I enjoyed # 2 the most, Daken's interactions with Mystique were great, and felt natural to both characters. I must admit # 3 didnt sit well to me for some reason; on one hand it is entirely in character for Daken to stage his death, but on the other, the issue was lacking the intense atmosphere of # 2. I do look forward to the upcoming issues, though. "
    I felt the same way but I think it was because actualy the first three issues were somekind of prologue for what happened to Wolverine,just showing Dakens contribution on Logans damnation.Don't know about you guys but I can't wait for the time when Daken will come face to face with X-23,it was shown at the wolverine's family issue that finally they've met,I was  a bit dissapointed that it didn't occure in those first issues "
    I'll try to read Wolverine family soon.

Daniel Way and Marjorie Liu have said they intend to do a full scale crossover between X-23 and Daken in the future, so when it does happen, we'll know before hand.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dakens son

My mistake the issues name was:wolverine-the road to hell,in which every new issue that wolverine,daken and x-23 were participating was introduced as a small annual.
    Yeah I read that too,also there's a (unbased if you ask me)rumor that maybe,
    due to the fact that Laura is angry with Logan,Daken will attempt to create a family bond with his sister(or mother if you like),
    but as you said "when it does happen,we'll know before hand"

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Dakens son said:
    " My mistake the issues name was:wolverine-the road to hell,in which every new issue that wolverine,daken and x-23 were participating was introduced as a small annual. Yeah I read that too,also there's a (unbased if you ask me)rumor that maybe, due to the fact that Laura is angry with Logan,Daken will attempt to create a family bond with his sister(or mother if you like), but as you said "when it does happen,we'll know before hand" "
    I'd love to see the interactions between the two, each has the potential to "teach" things to the other. There are a whole lot of things to be done with the two than the little what we saw from their brief fight in Utopia.
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dakens son

Yeah thats  true!
    in utopia actually there was no conection or contact between them just a raw fight
    I'm really dying to see what'll happen when they cross each others way,
    in the road to hell they were shown ready to do nasty things!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, according to Dark Wolverine #4 Hellverine simply allowed Daken to heal.....very, very interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_:
    I thought our theories made more sense as well. I loved the little tidbit of Daken discovering Winter Soldier's identity in the newspaper. 

(and yes for some odd reason I chose to reply to you here instead of my blog.)
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:

" @Morpheus_: I thought our theories made more sense as well. I loved the little tidbit of Daken discovering Winter Soldier's identity in the newspaper.  (and yes for some odd reason I chose to reply to you here instead of my blog.) "

Good thing I thought to look here, too. : )

Yes, I sincerely hope it is not a pointless tease. One of my major complaints has ben that, aside from Wolverine, Daken has not gone up against other street level heroes in his own on-going, the stories have been mostly self-contained. Integrating Buck as an opponent for a reason that makes indeed sense would be great. Problem is, with Daken set to take over Madripoor in # 5-6, and going against and/or teaming-up with Laura in # 7-8, it will take a while until this idea materialises
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis

Um would'nt daken destroy bucky? , poor buck.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.