Cyclops is one of Marvel's most maligned and most complex characters, here's the current X-Writers and Editors' view on the character.
In this fan's opinion;
- Mike Carey understands him best.
- Lowe certainly knows what he's talking about.
- Victor Gischler barely knows what day it is.
- Aaron likes Scott and Emma as a couple, so he earns points for that, but he really doesn't seem to understand the character beyond the obvious.
- Gillen and Remender have a nice first year interpretation of Cyclops; either could write him in a "good enough" sense, neither would write him as well as he should be written.
Jason Aaron shouldn't be writing Schism, as it's clearly going to be written from a perspective that favours Logan. Whether this is intentional or not is not the issue, it's going to happen.
Mike Carey should be writing Schism, or Paul Jenkins. Both are vastly superior writers to any of the above, and far more qualified to handle the no-doubt sensitive subject matter that will arise.
What do you think?