Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

X-Man to Revolutionary Mutant Commander

• 69 results
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By lykopis

What the heck is going on in this thread?

Tranquilo, per favore.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By lykopis

@god_spawn said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@god_spawn said:

@lykopis said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@Decoy Elite: Tell that to Wolverine. Clawed hobbit just can't get over the fact that he never got to sleep with Jean.

HEY!!!! -_-

Someone touched a nerve. Lol.

Oh she knows I'm kidding. x]

Oh does she now, fella?

God, I love Emma.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lykopis: I know, she is awesome. Fella reminds me of my Irish roots. "Mornin to ya, fella." Or "Let's go for a pint, fella." Bendis writers her so wonderfully :P.

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@Timandm

The thing with Cyclops was a traumatic, psychological experince, so Elixier probably couldnt help. It was something that was apart of him for so long that maybe even powerful telepaths like Emma, and Xavier couldnt help him to get over the traumatic experince to help him gain control of his abilities. I think when he was in possecion of the Phoenix Force he might have been able control but it really is up to speculation there. Besides the visor is iconic to Cyke fans, just as the claws and hairy body for Wolvie fans.

Scott and the rest of the Phoenix Five solved all of the world's problems, curing poverty, disposing of warlords, but that was when they were more level headed. When they started to lose control, they really lost control. Namor killed a bunch of Wakandians, and I'm pretty sure they were throwing criminals into Limbo, again total speculation.

However it wouldnt have happened if the Avengers let Cyke do what he wanted before they attacked. He was only right at the end of AvX when he rebirthed the mutant race, for all we know Hope could've became the host and nothing could've changed. The Avengers never really had any hand in helping or dealing with mutants, and somtimes with the X-Men, there so split, thats why they only saw fear and destruction from the Phoenix Force, whereas Cyke saw a chance for rebirth.

Cyke and the X-Men have delt with the Phoenix Force more times than anyone on Earth, and yet they didnt even trust them enough to let them handle it. Which in there defense could've been because of the Schism that they felt if they couldnt stay united how could they deal witha cosmic force. But all that aside Stark is as much at fault as Cyke is for killing Xavier, he split the Force. In a way the writers probably felt that it would be better to try a new role with the Phoenix Five, while at the same time forcing Hope on us more and more. The writers were pushing Scott to a more extreme way, when they started X-Force. Scott saw a real viable threat affecting the less than 200 mutants and, in my opinion, did the right thing by doing whatever he can to stop mutant-haters from killing innocent children.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56  Edited By Timandm

@Colby_Cheese: he thing with Cyclops was a traumatic, psychological experince

True. In fact, it's been implied that really COULD control the blast if he let himself...

Besides the visor is iconic to Cyke fans

I think THAT'S the real reason...

Scott and the rest of the Phoenix Five solved all of the world's problems, curing poverty, disposing of warlords, but that was when they were more level headed. When they started to lose control, they really lost control. Namor killed a bunch of Wakandians, and I'm pretty sure they were throwing criminals into Limbo, again total speculation.

Yes, Namor killed a bunch of Wakandans, but HE had already lost the Phoenix force and had been captured by the Avengers... He was kicked (while he was down) by Ben Grimm, which I found highly hypocritical since Ben Grimm had killed a bunch of people while possessed by an Asgardian god's spirit... Namor was possessed by the Phoenix force. Neither could really control it, so I can't understand how Ben could have been such a hypocrite.

Emma had even killed at least one person...Sure, he was a criminal who had gotten away with murder, but she did kill him without going through due process... But what had SCOTT done? You see, the Avengers attacked SCOTT. Tell me, what crime had he committed before they attacked him? (for the second time) and it was Illyana who was imprisoning heroes in Limbo, not Scott... he might have approved of it, but you cannot arrest or convict someone for approving of someone else's criminal activity...

He was only right at the end of AvX when he rebirthed the mutant race,

Actually, that wasn't his doing... Hope did that...

Cyke and the X-Men have delt with the Phoenix Force more times than anyone on Earth, and yet they didnt even trust them enough to let them handle it.

I've often asked exactly what Captain America and the Avengers planned to do with Hope if Scott had turned her over to them... Think about that for a moment. Come up with an answer. WHAT exactly would they have done with Hope? Would they:

1. Hide her somewhere on earth? Even though the Phoenix Force could find her anywhere in the entire universe? The only reason they managed to keep her hidden in the city of Kun Lun for a short time, was because the Phoenix Force had been split five ways... Also, they hadn't planned on going to Kun Lun until later in the event... So, WHERE were they going to hide her? Manhattan? Like the Phoenix Force couldn't level Manhattan to get Hope?
    2. Kill her? Jean Grey had a little bit of the Phoenix Force in her and Wolverine could not kill her. Well, let me correct that. he killed her many times and she kept coming back.... he killed her before she and he drifted into the sun and she came back even stronger and saved them both.
    3. um???? what? WHAT were they going to do?

You see, there was NO REASON WHATSOEVER for the Avengers to try and take Hope into custody.... It would have served NO PURPOSE... They should have left her on Utopia and HELPED the X-Men protect her...

The writers were pushing Scott to a more extreme way,

Absolutely!!! With these events, SOMEONE has to be the problem child... So, they made Scott act like..well, like he did... The writers had to force the event to happen.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lykopis

@god_spawn said:

@lykopis: I know, she is awesome. Fella reminds me of my Irish roots. "Mornin to ya, fella." Or "Let's go for a pint, fella." Bendis writers her so wonderfully :P.

Oh no you didn't...

I have a shooting pain in my left eyeball from your last sentence -- no -- more like a punch in the gut (would explain the accompanying nausea right now).

Put Emma in jail garb and suddenly she going all moxie-doll?

"Yeah, fella."

;)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By lykopis

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@lykopis: But I CAN make it right! I mean... Cyclops can!

@god_spawn said:

Now I'm picturing Emma as a buxom barmaid...

I'm waiting for the Psylocke intro....

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so glad the people who think Cyclops is right and not EVERYONE was wrong do not hold positions in our government...we are bad enough off already. I am consistently amazed how a storyline that was so obviously designed to be controversial on all sides and yet there are still those who feel a need to pick a side to support their favorites. Oh well if not for fanboys/girls this site would not exist.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By One_Eye

@Brazen_Intellect said:

I am so glad the people who think Cyclops is right and not EVERYONE was wrong do not hold positions in our government...we are bad enough off already. I am consistently amazed how a storyline that was so obviously designed to be controversial on all sides and yet there are still those who feel a need to pick a side to support their favorites. Oh well if not for fanboys/girls this site would not exist.

A necessary evil really. Besides, what do you expect from a series with "VS" in the title? :p

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@Timandm:

Maybe he can control it but not for a long period of time, and he might always have that fear of losing control at the worst moment and hurting a lot of people. I mean this is the guy who blasted through a mountain, and killed a giant ass brood, just imaginne the damage he could cause if he just lost all control, and that really what he's afraid just that one slip in controling his powers.

I think in the Avengers eyes they see that because they at least tried to intervine to that they were right, and that the events that took place after was a reason to prove that they had been right from the begining. Which is total bull because if they had let Hope become its host, then had just planned with Scott, and took countermeasures if something bad would go wrong AvX would have gone differently, perhaps to the point where there wouldnt be AvX, but something like "Marvel Universe vs Hope." But I'm moving off topic, the whole AvX thing really could have been averted if the Avengers really took a step back and planned something with the X-Men, of course then maybe Scott, Emma, Magik, Colossus, and Namor wouldnt be considered murderers, and criminals.

The Namor thing did piss me off though, but in fairness to Ben I'm pretty sure he had absolutely no control when he got the hammer, while Namor had at least some control in the begining,and Avengers think they should've released the Force while they were still in control. Of course then they werent thinking of the dying mutant race.Still that pisses me off though I mean Namor and the rest did there best and what real right did the Thing have to judge him?

As far as I can tell from watching Law and Order, IF Scott approved then Magik was taking orders from him thus making him an accesory.

Scott did sort of play a bigger part than Hope in rebirthing the race, Cyke did all the heavy lifting while Hope really just sat back becoming the next Karate Kid, and then in the last few pages she punched Scott a few times, then Scott let go of Phoenix Force, and Hope just said, "No More Phoenix." Scott pretty much built a house and all Hope did was flip the switch.

Exactly Hope should've stayed with the X-Men on Utopia, and if the Avengers really wanted to help they should have asked just that and not come to Utopia and say your going to take her.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#62  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lykopis: LOL, I was kidding. Yeah, I like the book so far, but I am not really into how Bendis has written her so far.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Timandm

@Colby_Cheese: if they had let Hope become its host, then had just planned with Scott, and took countermeasures if something bad would go wrong AvX would have gone differently,

Yes! Exactly!

The Namor thing did piss me off though, but in fairness to Ben I'm pretty sure he had absolutely no control when he got the hammer, while Namor had at least some control in the begining,and Avengers think they should've released the Force while they were still in control.

They couldn't have released the Phoenix Force. They were never intended to be hosts.. They didn't have what it took to control the Phoenix Force... They may have had some control at first, but that's like being a little drunk at first....They didn't ask for the Phoenix Force, it was forced on them by Tony Stark. They were already deluded by its power. Perhaps if they had been given time to adjust to it.... But they weren't. Instead, they were attacked while they gave the world clean water, free energy and food, and stopped war...

As far as I can tell from watching Law and Order, IF Scott approved then Magik was taking orders from him thus making him an accesory.

Not so. Imagine you're standing on a sidewalk with a friend... You, for whatever reason, tell your friend to murder the next person that comes by. Your friend complies.... Well, your FRIEND is guilty of Murder, but you have broken no laws whatsoever... Also, we don't know that Scott ordered Illyana to take people to Limbo...

HOWEVER, this has been done before by TONY STARK and REED RICHARDS... Well, not limbo, but they imprisoned citizens of the United States in the Negative Zone. Tony Stark specifically stated that he put them there so that they would be OUT OF THE JURISDICTION of the United States... Apparently it was legal when tony Start and Reed Richards did it... AND Tony basically said he could do anything he wanted to those heroes he had imprisoned in the negative zone...

Scott did sort of play a bigger part than Hope in rebirthing the race, Cyke did all the heavy lifting while Hope really just sat back becoming the next Karate Kid, and then in the last few pages she punched Scott a few times, then Scott let go of Phoenix Force, and Hope just said, "No More Phoenix." Scott pretty much built a house and all Hope did was flip the switch.

Oh, I didn't mean to downplay Scott's part in the rebirth of Mutants. In fact, earlier I was trying to make that point that he was mostly responsible for it. Exactly as you said, he set things up as they were... I must meant that Hope actually used the Phoenix Force to bring the Mutants back, but she might never have gotten the chance if not for Cyclops...

Exactly Hope should've stayed with the X-Men on Utopia, and if the Avengers really wanted to help they should have asked just that and not come to Utopia and say your going to take her.

True, True, and True!

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Timandm

@lykopis: I love Emma too! She brings out my inner bitch!

um... I mean that in a GOOD way...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Colby_Cheese: is cyclops even sorry he killed xavier because he was in complete denial about it and blamed it on the phoenix.....and yes he opened a school named after xavier but idk.......anyways sooner or later he has to come to terms with killing xavier and i hope someone helps him deal with it .....hmm maybe emma or magneto or teen jean??? who knows?? i still hope that xavier's brain can be saved from the red skull and maybe become a brain in the jar like martha and being a brain in the jar isnt so bad you can live for another 100 years because without a body to age you and weigh you down, who knows???

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@Timandm: That just just says that they wanted to change the world and do what they could the Avengers didnt help by attacking them, which probably loosened there already slipping grip on controling Phoenix Force. Maybe if the Avengers let the Phoenix Five do there "saving the world thing", without any interference, and then they let Hope take the Phoenix things would have been better. But I'm pretty sure the Avengers saw the Phoenix Five taking away the freedoms, and there right to a trial of their peers from these criminals and just passing them straight onto sentencing.

As far as the Limbo thing goes, Scotts only at fault if he ordered it , if not AND Magik was just doing it herself, which doesnt seem too likely, then mainly shes at blame. Even though Tony said he could do whatever to those imprisoned, did he actually do anything (serious question no idea what he did)? We know from AvX that Limbo was mainly a prison and nothing else as the captured Avenger were seen incapacitated, with that fact in mind that they were only held there, and not tortured then there isnt any blame about Limbo. They mainly used it as a holding cell and nothing more. No one was seen tortured too bad maybe beaten up, but nothing like what Jabba was doing to the droids in his palace.

I just hope most people dont get too caught up in the fact thinking it was Hope and Wanda who rebirthed mutants, Scott may have done some pretty awful shit while he was the Daark Phoenix, but the truth is he killed Xavier, a icon in the mutant and human affairs, but he saved his people from total decimation. Xavier's lost was a tragedy, but the rebirth of a race really is a miracle.

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE:

Sorry its kind of a lot

I think he openly blames the Phoenix Force but deep down he's killing himself for it. It might take a while to see the full affect and the toll brought about from killing Xavier, but it's definetly there. Even though Emma and Scott are broken up, I think she's mainly there not only for her own redemption, but the writes probably threw her on the team to deal with Cyke's issues. Emma can be a bit more soft at times, trying to relate and just helping to solve through all the tough isses, whereas Magneto is blunt and straight to the point. I really am at a lost where the Original X-Men will factor in with Scott and his revolution, but I'm very interested to see, and hope that it's a key role, not something small. I'm not too sure about the Xavier brain in the jar, it's kind of funny, but I'm pretty sure there will be a huge story arc where he comes back in the end. Or they could just slip his return in like what they did with Bishop. If I had to predicte I wouldnt throw out any major X-Men villian from aiding or causing the return of Xavier. There could be an Onslaught thing, or Sinister, Evolutionaries could bring him back, who knows. All I know is Xavier will probably come back before Nightcrawler, and definetly Jean.

Side Note: I use to hate Hope, but am slowly trying to like her for X-Men's sake, but everytime I read her dialouge, its just....like....I want someone to hit her in the head. Eventually though I'm pretty sure I'll like her, as long as there isnt no bullsh*t backstory where she's secretly related to Jean. A rebirth, reincarnated Jean definetly sounds a bit too stretched out as well.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By lykopis

@Colby_Cheese: I think I am misunderstanding you - the Avngers who were caught and placed in Limbo actually were tortured -- their nightmares and fears brought forward. When Ms. Marvel approached Rogue to tell her the truth of what was going on, Magik brought her to Limbo while Rogue played ally although she was horrified to see Ms. Marvel was right.

@Timandm said:

@lykopis: I love Emma too! She brings out my inner bitch!

um... I mean that in a GOOD way...

Inner Bitches are always good. ;)

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Timandm

@Colby_Cheese: But I'm pretty sure the Avengers saw the Phoenix Five taking away the freedoms, and there right to a trial of their peers from these criminals and just passing them straight onto sentencing.

You could be right but: 1: They only imprisoned people who were attacking them... and 2: again, it is the same thing Tony Stark did when he was the leader of SHIELD...

Even though Tony said he could do whatever to those imprisoned, did he actually do anything (serious question no idea what he did)?

Yes, he DID things...

- He allowed Penance to be beat and tortured until Penance gave in and agreed to be a part of the initiative.

- He forced some prisoners into a virtual reality (in their minds) while they kept prisoners, strapped to chairs, forced to live in whatever alternate reality he forced on them.

- He took away their rights to file for appeal. He made certain that most never had their day in court... Take a look at the following two scans from Civil War. You mentioned the Phoenix five taking away freedoms right? Look at what Tony Stark says to Peter Parker... Read it for yourself... Pay attention to what Tony says after Peter tells him, "Following the law means these people get a fair trail before you send them away to be imprisoned for the rest of their lives. You can't just lock people away..." You'll LOVE the part where Tony says, "This is not American soil...American laws don't touch here..."

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He is absolutely saying that he has put people in the negative zone so that they no longer have rights... If you read the whole issue, you'll see that he's doing some very unethical, immoral, and downright cruel things to the prisoners... and he KNOWS what he's doing is in violation of the constitution....

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@lykopis:

Thank you for correcting me, I've read the comic book a while ago, just simply slipped my mind. Who is too blame though, Scott may have told her to store the Avengers in Limbo so they couldnt excape, but was the whole nightmare thing just all about Magik?

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@Timandm: Well that just proves how double sided the Avengers are, they say that what the Phoenix Five did was wrong but he did the exact same thing before. Okay the stuff about Iron Man is new to me, I never read that arc before.

Man what a dick, and to think after all that shit he caused, now everyone in the Marvel Universe is like,"Hey remember that time Tony Dtark was SHIELD Director, and he tortured a bunch of people? Well that was fun, lets make him Director of SHIELD again, I mean forgive and forget, right guys?" Iron Man has the worst morals out of all of the other Avengers, totally double sided.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Timandm

@Colby_Cheese: Yes, I think the term 'Dick' describes Tony Stark rather well... He had people arrested, imprisoned in the negative zone, and would only let them out IF and ONLY IF they agreed to register and become a part of the initiative. Else, he'd leave them imprisoned in the negative zone forever... Doing, whatever he wanted to them..."

You know, after A v X, Captain America pulled a similar stunt with Cyclops. Cyclops was in prison. Captain America KNEW cyclops was being attacked. Cap KNEW Cyclops was being denied his day in court. And Cap knew Cyclops was going to be killed in prison. That would have solved many of Cap's problems since he never intended for Scott to have a day in court and knew he'd never be able to keep Scott imprisoned for the rest of his life... So, he LEFT Scott in prison to die... I don't think the Steve Rogers that we've known and loved for years would really have done that, but in the past five years or so, many of Marvel's main characters are been changed drastically.

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@Timandm: Do you during the Initative if he targeted the X-Men?

I did read about that, and yet even though Cap saw what was going on let it go, Cyke still broke out, and beat the crap out of the other mutant hating prisoners. Cap's sort of a dick but nothing like his Ultimate version, or Iron Man. I think that he left Scott in prison on purpose, because Scott may not be one of the smartest in the Marvel Universe, but defnietly one of the most strategic. He was probably just affraid that Scott would pull something to either legally get off through some kind of loophole, or go with the more obvious breakout. Cap probably looked at Cyke and saw a threat, and decided the best case wold be to keep him behind bars, and deny him almost every right he has.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Timandm

@Colby_Cheese said:

@Timandm: Do you during the Initative if he targeted the X-Men?

I did read about that, and yet even though Cap saw what was going on let it go, Cyke still broke out, and beat the crap out of the other mutant hating prisoners. Cap's sort of a dick but nothing like his Ultimate version, or Iron Man. I think that he left Scott in prison on purpose, because Scott may not be one of the smartest in the Marvel Universe, but defnietly one of the most strategic. He was probably just affraid that Scott would pull something to either legally get off through some kind of loophole, or go with the more obvious breakout. Cap probably looked at Cyke and saw a threat, and decided the best case wold be to keep him behind bars, and deny him almost every right he has.

During the initiative he was told by the X-Men to leave them alone... They agreed not support those fighting registration, but they let him know in no uncertain terms that they were not going to join the initiative... he had a lunch with Emma Frost and she let him know EXACTLY how it was going to be...

Oh, I think Capt knew Cyclops would try to break out at SOME point... no doubt...but it is definitely implied that Cap never wanted Cyclops to have his day in court and never wanted him out of prison...

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@Timandm: It would've been interesting then if Stark did succeed and then to see what he would've done against the X-Men.

Too bad there wont been any tie in witht the Uncanny Avengers and the Uncanny X-Men. I wouldve mind seeing Cyke, Cap, and Havok talk, post Consequences. We really know how Wolverine feels, expecially if you follow the New X-Men, but after the events that happened, and whats happening now it'd be cool to see how they react to one another, minus the occasional optic blast, and shield bashing.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#76  Edited By McKlayn

The only problem i have with how this whole AVX thing shaken out is yes, certain things HAD to happen to push the story forward, easy enough.

but the Avengers get no Recoil for any of the mistakes they made. I really dont see the X men as crossing any lines that millions of other heroes havent done and been forgiven, but ok ill admit they did wrong in some ways but why will no one say hey Cap, uh why did you bring an army to Utopia and demand Cyclops had over hope? Why not call him up and say hey buddy we got a problem, lets work this out? I mean yea maybe he would of hung up on you and then ok, you go bring your army.

point being both sides made mistakes can some one (in the comics) blame Cap? OR at least partially? Or tony and his silly toy, or any of the avengers? I mean even the X men (besides magik, & magneto) are blaming scott (yes that sadly includes emma) at least some of them should think, hey scott was right.

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By CerealKiller

@PrimeDirective said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

I'll just leave this here. x]
    I'll just leave this here. x]

This.... So much this... I cheered in my office seat out loud when I saw this. Heck, this made me so happy, I bet if all those give-us-money-for-these-poor-abused-animals-while-Sarah-Mclachlan-sings commecials ended with this picture and a "hey, we also support Cyclops" they would probably get my money.

@DarkxSeraph:

Okay, as for your "Avengers didn't help us" being an invalid arguement comment, if you're gonna use it, you gotta back it up... The X-Men started off protecting humanity when humanity had already expressed hate crimes and other forms of racism torwards mutants. These crimes continued while equally racist politcians and law enforcement looked the other way because the law of the land only applied to humans, not mutants. Humanity struck first. Magneto lost his firstborn child because humanity struck first. Magneto had already seen more injustice towards mutants than he could tolerate, and hence he created the Brotherhood to strike back. Now, here's Magneto responding to what any rational person caught in his position would do, and that's fight back. Did he maybe take it too far? Possibly. This is why the X-Men stepped in to defend humanity... Not the mutants... Humanity... Not just the Avengers... ALL of humanity. What was their thanks?

Captain America herptyderps Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (two Brotherhood members that the X-Men put behind bars to protect the world) onto the Avengers as a freaking human-mutant releations PR stunt. Right here, let's get this out of the way... That did NOTHING to help mutant and human relations. AT... ALL... And don't you dare tell me that "the Avengers also had Beast, Wolverine, and Storm as members herp-derp!" Beast was possibly the most passive mutant addition of the bunch as he was already generally accepted by humanity for his numerous accomplishments first and foremost, with his mutant status being largely secondary. Wolverine is... Wolverine. Cap didn't even want to add him, but Tony made that call, and he was added to the team by chance encounter in the Savage Land (another problem the X-Men generally handle for the rest of the world) as an afterthought. As for Storm, she was Black Panther's wife at the time, so it'd be a little awkward if he couldn't bring her into the clubhouse with him.

Membership within the Avengers aside, it's all irrelevant. What did that do about the Sentinels? You know, government-supported muntant-hunting giant robots designed to slay/apprehend any and all mutants... Made by the same government whose flag and namesake Captain America represents... I don't remember Stever Rogers becoming Nomad to protest that little escapade.

Also, when the Mutant Registration Act became an issue... Where was Cap? Did he go underground to fight back against the injustice against American freedom like he did for the much-later Superhuman Registration Act? Oh... No, because he, like most other humans, he didn't act like basic human freedoms and protections apply as much to mutants as they do humans. Oops...

Or how about the Mutant Massacre? Did the Avengers show up to stop it? What's that... THE POWER PACK?!? THAT'S ALL THAT RESPONDED?!? WAS HOWARD THE DUCK ON VACTION OR SOMETHING?!? Oh look... Thor showed up just in time to carry out a wing-clipped Angel, how sweetFOR GOD'S SAKE AVENGERS! START AVENGING CRAP!!!

Oh look, the Avengers finally freaking show up to help stop the enslavement camps other attrocities against mutants going on in Genosha... Wha? You're only here for Luna?!? Look around you! Doesn't this bother you at all? No? Okay, I guess take Luna and go back to Human World then when everyone gets free pie and people aren't hunted by giant robots just for having different genes.

Of course with the Phalanx Invasion the Avengers will help because it effect the entire world, right? Right? You've got to be kidding me... No help? None?!?

Well I guess we'll have to deal with Onslaught on our own... Oh finally... Here come the Avengers, now that the combined wrath of Charles Xavier and Magneto has spawned a new entity bent on exacting retribution against humanity for their crimes against mutant. Now that humanity is threated, the Avengers get involved. That's about right...

I know nothing else has gotten their attention so far, but maybe the Legacy Virus will! Reed Richards will whip up a cure in no time, especially since his son in a mutant, right? OH COME ON! Nothing?!? That's cold! He's your own son and this virus is specifically a threat to him!!! NO HELP?!? Well crap... Guess we gotta go with Hank McCoy's cure... Also, Colossus, you have to die for the good of all mutants cause humans certainly don't give a **** about mutants. I mean it's not like the X-Men didn't help stop the Beyonder, the Atlantis Invasion, Loki, Thanos, and the Kree... Oh wait, They did!

Fine... Well at least they'll mobilize and help protect Genosha from the genocidal sentinel attack... Or not... Well at least they'll help with rescue and recovery... Or not...

Coup de grace time!

Now, when Pietro and Wanda had formally been the X-Men's problem, and Cap went over their heads and pulled them out of prison to give them a second chance as Avengers, he was taking responsibility for both of them out of the X-Men's hands and into his own. If they blew their chance, the egg was supposed to be on Cap's face. Fast forward... Wanda shows multiple clear signs of progressing in both power AND instability. What do the Avengers do? "Oh, she's one of us, we know her! Look, she even fell in love with one of our own! Sure she's obssessively fixated on a robot. Sure she actually married him. Sure she just magically manifested twin offspring with a freaking android with her new powers that she just developed that she doesn't fully understand and can't yet control. Sure she has to go start two dysfunctional discipleships with magic users more powerful than her that teach her more than she's ready for and don't follow through responsibly. Sure every demon spawn, nether lord, and ruler of the underverse is claiming/possessing/tormentig/abducting her on an almost daily basis. I'm sure all that's normal and she knows what she's doing. She'd never lose control and startooooOOOOOOHHHHH-MY-GOD-ZOMBIE-JACK-OF-HEARTS-JUST-BLEW-UP-SCOTT-LANG-AND-THE-CLUBHOUSE-WHILE-VISION-CRASHED-A-QUINJET-AND-SPAWNED-ULTRONS-ALSO-SHE-HULK-GONE-PLUM-CRAY-CRAY-LOL-TONY'S-DRUNK(what's new?)-AND-HAWKEYE-JUST-WENT-ARMAGEDDON-BRUCE-WILLIS-ON-DEM-KREE-OOOOOOOooooooh... It's all Wanda's fault.... Hmm, maybe we should have seen this coming... How bout that? Nah... This is all coming out of nowhere, herp derp!"

And then it happens... "No more mutants." Now, the very out-of-control person the X-Men put behind bars where she couldn't hurt anyone is now out from behind those bars because someone else took responsibility for her and look at that... The mutant race is reduced down to about a couple hundred in an instant because the Avengers refused to adress crazy lady properly. Surely now they feel bad enough to get involved with mutant affairs and help... What?!? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!? GIANT MANNED SENTINEL ROBOTS PLACED TO KEEP MUTANTS QUARRANTINED TO THE XAVIER SCHOOLGROUNDS FOR THEIR OWN PROTECTION?!? SENTINELS!!! If that's not the biggest slap in the face, I dunno what is!

Oh, by the way, humanity brought a rampaging Hulk down upon mutants at the school when they launched him into space. Xavier and Namor never signed off on that and yet they had to help clean up humanity's mess. Good job there.

Also... The little fallout nonsense from Civil War... Yeah it paved the way for Norman Osborn to take over. And Stormin' Norman brought his little Dark Reign to the X-Men's front doorstep. Cyclops acted like a boss and one-upped the bad guy humanity handed over the keys to America's safety to, once again having to help clean up after humans.

Yeah... I really can't say I blame Scott Summers all that much. In fact, I can't imagine Cable and Bishop not absolutely thinking the dude is a godsend considering their futures.

YES! all of this! Especially about Wanda and how the avengers sure are quick to forgive her for NEARLY WIPING OUT MUTANTKIND but when scott goes a little crazy himself with the phpenix force its OOP NO OFF TO JAIL FOR YOU VILLAIN.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By havoc1201

Wanda committed Mass Genocide and the Avengers forgave her and allowed her to stay on the Team bc the Species she killed was the Mutant race not humans so that is fine to the Avengers and the rest of the world but scott kills Xavier and he is the worst thing to ever happen since Judas also he saved the mutant race which also is a crime i guess. The Avengers are a bunch of militants and i use to love the Avengers until this story arch where does CPT. America get off telling scott what he has to do when wasnt Cpt part of the resistance during Civil War when the nation wanted the heroes to register but he sayed no and that it wasnt right but when mutants were being forced to register he had no problem with that did he. All the Marvel universe do not give a rats a$$ about the mutant race unless it benefits them, also Wolverine and the others that are against Scott should be executed for crimes against their race and helping the people who never help them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.