Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

X-Man to Revolutionary Mutant Commander

• 69 results
    Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Colby_Cheese

By now we all know the actions Cyclops has taken as former mutant leader. From sanctioning X-Force, all the way to protecting the next so called "Mutant Messiah", and everything in between Cyclops has made very tough decisions to protect the mutant race. After the events of AvX Cyclops is one of the most wanted and most hated mutants alive, yet that doesnt stop him from protecting mutants against harm. Knowledge Xavier has instilled in him, and mixed in with the current events, Cyclops has gone from a young X-Man to a revolutionary muatnt.

Personally I like this new Cyclops he has a little of the old Magneto in him, in the sense that mutants can fight back, but to an extent. What do the rest of you think about this new Cyclops and how he now opperates now than before?

Side Note: Anyone else hope that X-Man, Nate Grey, gets his powers back and plays a bigger role Cyclops, or the X-Men in general? What about the piece of the Void locked away in his head, any thoughts on whether or not it'll play a factor in Cyclops' future?

I do like his new costume its very dark, and matches with Magneto's new AoA look.

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Colby_Cheese

This is my first time actually joining, before I just surf through the news and fourms, I am sorry for any spelling or grammer mistakes. XP

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DarkxSeraph

There's really no addition of the 'old' Magneto. Magneto still holds those ideals. Ideologically, he never changed. Now, though, it's Xavier's prized student taking up his banner. All in all, I think Magneto is content with letting Scott take the lead due to the psychological impact that it has.

X-Man, however, hasn't done anything significant since his return in Dark Reign. I doubt we will see this change much.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spinningbirdcake

@Colby_Cheese: Welcome to comicvine dude. I'm sure some people more important than little old me will welcome you soon :) Yeah I actually don't mind the change in Cyclops too much. I just which people didn't view him as a villain. He's just taking up the "Malcolm X" mantle from Magneto. Lots of people seem to not want to accept that Wolverine and Cyke have become the new Prof. X and Magneto. I think it's great actually. Baldie and Mags can't have done this dance forever.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By havoc1201

I love the Cyclops everything he has done has be for his race and during AvsX the Avengers acted like a invading force, that just tried to push cyclops around whenever the mutants were in trouble the Avengers were never there to help so they should have let Scott do what he had to do instead they make him out to be the Bad guy when he is the Hero.@ApatheticAvenger said:

I'll just leave this here. x]
    Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@DarkxSeraph: So how long do you think it'll be before Magneto takes over, or is Cyclops just become more and more radical?

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Okay, the flip side to all this "The Avengers never helped!" chatter is that: the X-Men never helped, either. In the reverse, unless it involved an X-Character, the X-Men weren't around in Avengers books when deaths occured or tragedies happened.

This is an in-character tranferrance of the fact that the books are relatively separate (or were, until recently). So, honestly, this is a silly argument. I'm a big X-Man fan, and they are the only books I regularly read from Marvel, but come on here, this excuse for hostilities doesn't wash at all.

Sure, using it from Emma to Carol Danvers during the Civil War thing? Made sense. Using it to base an entire argument/war off of? Pushing it when they were editorial choices, not character choices. Do you think Captain America would really NOT DO ANYTHING when a busload of kids was murdered by Purifiers? Or even offer help? Hardly.

Anyway... to the question asked: I don't think Magneto will 'step up' unless Cyclops is incapacitated or leaves the group. Scott may or may not get more into the hole he's digging.

Honestly, I doubt he will get darker. He still, as a character, has Xavier's teachings and discipline. He isn't likely to start all out war with the humans.

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@havoc1201: Cyclops is definatly a hero to all mutants, but you also have to see it through the Avengers eyes. When Earth "Greatest Heroes" used what the info that was previously gathered on the Phoeniex Force they mainly saw only the destruction and thats why they did everything they could to stop Cyclops. Cyclops was on the losing side from the begining. In the end he did what only could be speculated that Jean or Hope could do, and that was to rebirth the mutant race. Cyclops has taken the best of Magneto and Xavier, and that is to do whats nesscary to protect mutants, without taking it to any real extreme measures. When he broke out of jail he left Logan a note saying that he respects him and gives the school his best wishes, but that he would do whatever it takes to protect the school and all mutants. Cyclops is the hero and savior of the mutant race, not Xavier, Magneto, and certainly not Logan.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XsPectre28

i like the new direction of cyclops im hoping for a bigger plot to come out of this in the grand scheme.... i still believe that the whole Schism incident was a ploy by Cyclops & Wolverine & even ties into AVX i feel that when i time is right & it will be soon Cyclops will return to the X-men & Wolverine & Storm will step down as leaders of the X-men but will remain as the headmaster & headmistress of the school.

X-man is my favorite male character i dont want him to be advanced back to the level he was when he first returned to the 616 universe but id like him to have atleast some of his old powers back i feel that x-man should lead his own team of x-men or even join legion. they are both son's of flawed father (YES THEY BOTH ARE FLAWED) & decide to start their own team with its own set of principals & a dream of their own.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Eh.. Nate Grey isn't in any shape, mentally or power-wise, to lead anyone. He has virtually no leadership experience or training. He's always been an outcast--an overpowered one, at that.

I like the character, too... but this just isn't in him as written.

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@XsPectre28: DarkxxSeraph is right Nate is very powerful but he really isnt a leader, he mostly does things solo, maybe with a few team-ups here and there, but mostly solo. He is smart enough to know what direction he's heading in, but not enough real insight or strategy to approach the situation, Nate's more blunt and not enough percision.

I do like the idea of Schism being a ploy, its sounds very Cyclops, but nontheless Logan and many other X-Men still hate him for killing Xavier, Dark of not he did kill him. It would be great way pull then all back together but there will always be that tension between Cyclops and those who blame him for Xavier's death. We dont even know if Nate is one of those people who blames Cyke for the death.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Decoy Elite

I haven't seen Cyclops do anything too crazy after breaking out of jail. 
    Don't get why the X-Men are freaking out when he's just rescuing mutants.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @ApatheticAvenger: Exactly. I honestly don't see Cyclops as a villain right now and I think it'd be in the stories best interest that he not be portrayed as one out of nowhere. 
    All the phoenix nonsense was clearly the space bird messing with his mind.
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @ApatheticAvenger: Wolverine is just jealous that Magento's MASSIVE PECS aren't on his side.
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @ApatheticAvenger: That pun almost makes up for his horrible new costume.  
    Almost. 
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@Colby_Cheese said:

This is my first time actually joining, before I just surf through the news and fourms, I am sorry for any spelling or grammer mistakes. XP

Welcome to ComicVine my doode!

and I know I think his new look plus direction is AWEsome!

buttah

Sidebar:

When Cyclops uses the X-Force its unbearable

but when Logan does it

its OK?

*looks at Beast*

(+)

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Colby_Cheese

@Decoy Elite: I like Mag's new costume, all it really is his white AoA costume. But I am bumed he shaved his hair, I mean the dudes much older, it'll take him almost a year to grow it all back.

But the only reason he's considered a criminal by the Avengers is because of what he did when he was the host for the Phoenix Force. Even though he killed Xavier, he did end many wars and solved almost all of the world's problems from warlords, to poverty. Let's just skip over the small detail that he may have also let Magik throw a few people deep into the pit of Limo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and another Cyclops BJ thread...

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lykopis

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@Decoy Elite: Tell that to Wolverine. Clawed hobbit just can't get over the fact that he never got to sleep with Jean.

HEY!!!! -_-

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @Colby_Cheese: My problem with Mags costume is less how it looks and more of that he's suddenly ripped when he wears it. 
    Also the lack of sleeves annoys me. >.>
    DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DarkxSeraph

I think the concern for Cyke is that his rhetoric is sounding eerily similar to Magneto--so, knowing how Magneto progressed, they want to stop him -before- he starts getting violent.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @DarkxSeraph said:
    I think the concern for Cyke is that his rhetoric is sounding eerily similar to Magneto--so, knowing how Magneto progressed, they want to stop him -before- he starts getting violent.
    That would make sense if they were actually moving to stop him and weren't already acting like he's become a super villain.
    DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Well, there is the teenie tiny detail of him murdering Xavier. A man who has been like a father to a lot of them. Despite Xavier being shady or not, you murder him, that's a whole new ball of wax then hating him. Even Magneto didn't go that far.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @DarkxSeraph said:
    Well, there is the teenie tiny detail of him murdering Xavier. A man who has been like a father to a lot of them. Despite Xavier being shady or not, you murder him, that's a whole new ball of wax then hating him. Even Magneto didn't go that far.
    Except he was under the influence of the Phoenix, and all the X-Men should know that the bird messes with one's mind. 
    @ApatheticAvenger: He is too old to have MAD ABS. 
    DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Right, but that doesn't mean they aren't still sore about it. Note what Emma told Scott about Colossus--"He'd kill you for Xavier," essentially.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DarkxSeraph

"Except he was under the influence of the Phoenix, and all the X-Men should know that the bird messes with one's mind. "

Indeed, but the way Magneto spun it to Scott, it never would have happened if some small part of him didn't actually WANT to do it.

I don't care either way, honestly, I like the direction of Scott doing 'what has to be done,' but it seems like Bendis is trying to push it in the direction of being drunk with power, or drunk in general: the phoenix only erases inhibitions... what you do is still, on some level, what you secretly desired in some part of your mind.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @DarkxSeraph said:
    Right, but that doesn't mean they aren't still sore about it. Note what Emma told Scott about Colossus--"He'd kill you for Xavier," essentially.
    Which is stupid because Colossus nearly killed his own sister when he was under the Phoenix's influence. 
    I hate when comics ignore the obvious root of a problem and just blame a character who was clearly not really at fault for the sake of drama.
    DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DarkxSeraph

"Clearly not at fault" is a bit misleading. Fault is going to lay where the writers put it, unfortunately. Right now, they're (at least bendis) is trying to lay it all on Scott.

Unfortunate, but that's the way it looks.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JohnnyGat

...To Rolling Stones cover boy. Next up Hollywood.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DarkxSeraph

I don't see why Xavier had to die to make something about redemption. That could have been delved into in many ways without killing off Charles.

Mind you, Charles has been kind of a bump on a log for some time, but this seems a bit extreme and pointless if that is the story he wanted to tell.

But, what do I know. These guys make the best plot calls all the time.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lykopis

@DarkxSeraph said:

I don't see why Xavier had to die to make something about redemption. That could have been delved into in many ways without killing off Charles. Mind you, Charles has been kind of a bump on a log for some time, but this seems a bit extreme and pointless if that is the story he wanted to tell. But, what do I know. These guys make the best plot calls all the time.

Completely agree and I am going to consider the bold part as well executed sarcasm.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DarkxSeraph

'twas sarcasm, indeed.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lykopis

@DarkxSeraph: lol! Good!

Colby_Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Colby_Cheese

In the end Cyke has much more to deal with, like the return of the original x-men including the younger version of his true love, dick move Hank. Then he also has his little revolution to worry about, one of the world's most hated mutants fighting for mutants. Plus to add to it all his powers are on the fritz, causing him to lose control, which pisses me off a little, especially if it's all for nothing. I mean in the end does he regain his control and at the same time become stronger, or cold they go in a completely different direction and have it depower him for a short while, who know?

Does anyone else know if this power thing ever happened to Jean, or was the only time the Phoenix Force was leaving her was when she was dying? I cant really remember.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By John Valentine

@Colby_Cheese said:

Does anyone else know if this power thing ever happened to Jean, or was the only time the Phoenix Force was leaving her was when she was dying? I cant really remember.

None of the other Phoenix hosts have had so much exposure to the Phoenix Force and survived.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#43  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lykopis said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@Decoy Elite: Tell that to Wolverine. Clawed hobbit just can't get over the fact that he never got to sleep with Jean.

HEY!!!! -_-

Someone touched a nerve. Lol.

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PrimeDirective

@ApatheticAvenger said:

This.... So much this... I cheered in my office seat out loud when I saw this. Heck, this made me so happy, I bet if all those give-us-money-for-these-poor-abused-animals-while-Sarah-Mclachlan-sings commecials ended with this picture and a "hey, we also support Cyclops" they would probably get my money.

@DarkxSeraph:

Okay, as for your "Avengers didn't help us" being an invalid arguement comment, if you're gonna use it, you gotta back it up... The X-Men started off protecting humanity when humanity had already expressed hate crimes and other forms of racism torwards mutants. These crimes continued while equally racist politcians and law enforcement looked the other way because the law of the land only applied to humans, not mutants. Humanity struck first. Magneto lost his firstborn child because humanity struck first. Magneto had already seen more injustice towards mutants than he could tolerate, and hence he created the Brotherhood to strike back. Now, here's Magneto responding to what any rational person caught in his position would do, and that's fight back. Did he maybe take it too far? Possibly. This is why the X-Men stepped in to defend humanity... Not the mutants... Humanity... Not just the Avengers... ALL of humanity. What was their thanks?

Captain America herptyderps Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (two Brotherhood members that the X-Men put behind bars to protect the world) onto the Avengers as a freaking human-mutant releations PR stunt. Right here, let's get this out of the way... That did NOTHING to help mutant and human relations. AT... ALL... And don't you dare tell me that "the Avengers also had Beast, Wolverine, and Storm as members herp-derp!" Beast was possibly the most passive mutant addition of the bunch as he was already generally accepted by humanity for his numerous accomplishments first and foremost, with his mutant status being largely secondary. Wolverine is... Wolverine. Cap didn't even want to add him, but Tony made that call, and he was added to the team by chance encounter in the Savage Land (another problem the X-Men generally handle for the rest of the world) as an afterthought. As for Storm, she was Black Panther's wife at the time, so it'd be a little awkward if he couldn't bring her into the clubhouse with him.

Membership within the Avengers aside, it's all irrelevant. What did that do about the Sentinels? You know, government-supported muntant-hunting giant robots designed to slay/apprehend any and all mutants... Made by the same government whose flag and namesake Captain America represents... I don't remember Stever Rogers becoming Nomad to protest that little escapade.

Also, when the Mutant Registration Act became an issue... Where was Cap? Did he go underground to fight back against the injustice against American freedom like he did for the much-later Superhuman Registration Act? Oh... No, because he, like most other humans, he didn't act like basic human freedoms and protections apply as much to mutants as they do humans. Oops...

Or how about the Mutant Massacre? Did the Avengers show up to stop it? What's that... THE POWER PACK?!? THAT'S ALL THAT RESPONDED?!? WAS HOWARD THE DUCK ON VACTION OR SOMETHING?!? Oh look... Thor showed up just in time to carry out a wing-clipped Angel, how sweetFOR GOD'S SAKE AVENGERS! START AVENGING CRAP!!!

Oh look, the Avengers finally freaking show up to help stop the enslavement camps other attrocities against mutants going on in Genosha... Wha? You're only here for Luna?!? Look around you! Doesn't this bother you at all? No? Okay, I guess take Luna and go back to Human World then when everyone gets free pie and people aren't hunted by giant robots just for having different genes.

Of course with the Phalanx Invasion the Avengers will help because it effect the entire world, right? Right? You've got to be kidding me... No help? None?!?

Well I guess we'll have to deal with Onslaught on our own... Oh finally... Here come the Avengers, now that the combined wrath of Charles Xavier and Magneto has spawned a new entity bent on exacting retribution against humanity for their crimes against mutant. Now that humanity is threated, the Avengers get involved. That's about right...

I know nothing else has gotten their attention so far, but maybe the Legacy Virus will! Reed Richards will whip up a cure in no time, especially since his son in a mutant, right? OH COME ON! Nothing?!? That's cold! He's your own son and this virus is specifically a threat to him!!! NO HELP?!? Well crap... Guess we gotta go with Hank McCoy's cure... Also, Colossus, you have to die for the good of all mutants cause humans certainly don't give a **** about mutants. I mean it's not like the X-Men didn't help stop the Beyonder, the Atlantis Invasion, Loki, Thanos, and the Kree... Oh wait, They did!

Fine... Well at least they'll mobilize and help protect Genosha from the genocidal sentinel attack... Or not... Well at least they'll help with rescue and recovery... Or not...

Coup de grace time!

Now, when Pietro and Wanda had formally been the X-Men's problem, and Cap went over their heads and pulled them out of prison to give them a second chance as Avengers, he was taking responsibility for both of them out of the X-Men's hands and into his own. If they blew their chance, the egg was supposed to be on Cap's face. Fast forward... Wanda shows multiple clear signs of progressing in both power AND instability. What do the Avengers do? "Oh, she's one of us, we know her! Look, she even fell in love with one of our own! Sure she's obssessively fixated on a robot. Sure she actually married him. Sure she just magically manifested twin offspring with a freaking android with her new powers that she just developed that she doesn't fully understand and can't yet control. Sure she has to go start two dysfunctional discipleships with magic users more powerful than her that teach her more than she's ready for and don't follow through responsibly. Sure every demon spawn, nether lord, and ruler of the underverse is claiming/possessing/tormentig/abducting her on an almost daily basis. I'm sure all that's normal and she knows what she's doing. She'd never lose control and startooooOOOOOOHHHHH-MY-GOD-ZOMBIE-JACK-OF-HEARTS-JUST-BLEW-UP-SCOTT-LANG-AND-THE-CLUBHOUSE-WHILE-VISION-CRASHED-A-QUINJET-AND-SPAWNED-ULTRONS-ALSO-SHE-HULK-GONE-PLUM-CRAY-CRAY-LOL-TONY'S-DRUNK(what's new?)-AND-HAWKEYE-JUST-WENT-ARMAGEDDON-BRUCE-WILLIS-ON-DEM-KREE-OOOOOOOooooooh... It's all Wanda's fault.... Hmm, maybe we should have seen this coming... How bout that? Nah... This is all coming out of nowhere, herp derp!"

And then it happens... "No more mutants." Now, the very out-of-control person the X-Men put behind bars where she couldn't hurt anyone is now out from behind those bars because someone else took responsibility for her and look at that... The mutant race is reduced down to about a couple hundred in an instant because the Avengers refused to adress crazy lady properly. Surely now they feel bad enough to get involved with mutant affairs and help... What?!? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!? GIANT MANNED SENTINEL ROBOTS PLACED TO KEEP MUTANTS QUARRANTINED TO THE XAVIER SCHOOLGROUNDS FOR THEIR OWN PROTECTION?!? SENTINELS!!! If that's not the biggest slap in the face, I dunno what is!

Oh, by the way, humanity brought a rampaging Hulk down upon mutants at the school when they launched him into space. Xavier and Namor never signed off on that and yet they had to help clean up humanity's mess. Good job there.

Also... The little fallout nonsense from Civil War... Yeah it paved the way for Norman Osborn to take over. And Stormin' Norman brought his little Dark Reign to the X-Men's front doorstep. Cyclops acted like a boss and one-upped the bad guy humanity handed over the keys to America's safety to, once again having to help clean up after humans.

Yeah... I really can't say I blame Scott Summers all that much. In fact, I can't imagine Cable and Bishop not absolutely thinking the dude is a godsend considering their futures.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By John Valentine

@PrimeDirective said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

This.... So much this... I cheered in my office seat out loud when I saw this. Heck, this made me so happy, I bet if all those give-us-money-for-these-poor-abused-animals-while-Sarah-Mclachlan-sings commecials ended with this picture and a "hey, we also support Cyclops" they would probably get my money.

@DarkxSeraph:

Okay, as for your "Avengers didn't help us" being an invalid arguement comment, if you're gonna use it, you gotta back it up... The X-Men started off protecting humanity when humanity had already expressed hate crimes and other forms of racism torwards mutants. These crimes continued while equally racist politcians and law enforcement looked the other way because the law of the land only applied to humans, not mutants. Humanity struck first. Magneto lost his firstborn child because humanity struck first. Magneto had already seen more injustice towards mutants than he could tolerate, and hence he created the Brotherhood to strike back. Now, here's Magneto responding to what any rational person caught in his position would do, and that's fight back. Did he maybe take it too far? Possibly. This is why the X-Men stepped in to defend humanity... Not the mutants... Humanity... Not just the Avengers... ALL of humanity. What was their thanks?

Captain America herptyderps Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (two Brotherhood members that the X-Men put behind bars to protect the world) onto the Avengers as a freaking human-mutant releations PR stunt. Right here, let's get this out of the way... That did NOTHING to help mutant and human relations. AT... ALL... And don't you dare tell me that "the Avengers also had Beast, Wolverine, and Storm as members herp-derp!" Beast was possibly the most passive mutant addition of the bunch as he was already generally accepted by humanity for his numerous accomplishments first and foremost, with his mutant status being largely secondary. Wolverine is... Wolverine. Cap didn't even want to add him, but Tony made that call, and he was added to the team by chance encounter in the Savage Land (another problem the X-Men generally handle for the rest of the world) as an afterthought. As for Storm, she was Black Panther's wife at the time, so it'd be a little awkward if he couldn't bring her into the clubhouse with him.

Membership within the Avengers aside, it's all irrelevant. What did that do about the Sentinels? You know, government-supported muntant-hunting giant robots designed to slay/apprehend any and all mutants... Made by the same government whose flag and namesake Captain America represents... I don't remember Stever Rogers becoming Nomad to protest that little escapade.

Also, when the Mutant Registration Act became an issue... Where was Cap? Did he go underground to fight back against the injustice against American freedom like he did for the much-later Superhuman Registration Act? Oh... No, because he, like most other humans, he didn't act like basic human freedoms and protections apply as much to mutants as they do humans. Oops...

Or how about the Mutant Massacre? Did the Avengers show up to stop it? What's that... THE POWER PACK?!? THAT'S ALL THAT RESPONDED?!? WAS HOWARD THE DUCK ON VACTION OR SOMETHING?!? Oh look... Thor showed up just in time to carry out a wing-clipped Angel, how sweetFOR GOD'S SAKE AVENGERS! START AVENGING CRAP!!!

Oh look, the Avengers finally freaking show up to help stop the enslavement camps other attrocities against mutants going on in Genosha... Wha? You're only here for Luna?!? Look around you! Doesn't this bother you at all? No? Okay, I guess take Luna and go back to Human World then when everyone gets free pie and people aren't hunted by giant robots just for having different genes.

Of course with the Phalanx Invasion the Avengers will help because it effect the entire world, right? Right? You've got to be kidding me... No help? None?!?

Well I guess we'll have to deal with Onslaught on our own... Oh finally... Here come the Avengers, now that the combined wrath of Charles Xavier and Magneto has spawned a new entity bent on exacting retribution against humanity for their crimes against mutant. Now that humanity is threated, the Avengers get involved. That's about right...

I know nothing else has gotten their attention so far, but maybe the Legacy Virus will! Reed Richards will whip up a cure in no time, especially since his son in a mutant, right? OH COME ON! Nothing?!? That's cold! He's your own son and this virus is specifically a threat to him!!! NO HELP?!? Well crap... Guess we gotta go with Hank McCoy's cure... Also, Colossus, you have to die for the good of all mutants cause humans certainly don't give a **** about mutants. I mean it's not like the X-Men didn't help stop the Beyonder, the Atlantis Invasion, Loki, Thanos, and the Kree... Oh wait, They did!

Fine... Well at least they'll mobilize and help protect Genosha from the genocidal sentinel attack... Or not... Well at least they'll help with rescue and recovery... Or not...

Coup de grace time!

Now, when Pietro and Wanda had formally been the X-Men's problem, and Cap went over their heads and pulled them out of prison to give them a second chance as Avengers, he was taking responsibility for both of them out of the X-Men's hands and into his own. If they blew their chance, the egg was supposed to be on Cap's face. Fast forward... Wanda shows multiple clear signs of progressing in both power AND instability. What do the Avengers do? "Oh, she's one of us, we know her! Look, she even fell in love with one of our own! Sure she's obssessively fixated on a robot. Sure she actually married him. Sure she just magically manifested twin offspring with a freaking android with her new powers that she just developed that she doesn't fully understand and can't yet control. Sure she has to go start two dysfunctional discipleships with magic users more powerful than her that teach her more than she's ready for and don't follow through responsibly. Sure every demon spawn, nether lord, and ruler of the underverse is claiming/possessing/tormentig/abducting her on an almost daily basis. I'm sure all that's normal and she knows what she's doing. She'd never lose control and startooooOOOOOOHHHHH-MY-GOD-ZOMBIE-JACK-OF-HEARTS-JUST-BLEW-UP-SCOTT-LANG-AND-THE-CLUBHOUSE-WHILE-VISION-CRASHED-A-QUINJET-AND-SPAWNED-ULTRONS-ALSO-SHE-HULK-GONE-PLUM-CRAY-CRAY-LOL-TONY'S-DRUNK(what's new?)-AND-HAWKEYE-JUST-WENT-ARMAGEDDON-BRUCE-WILLIS-ON-DEM-KREE-OOOOOOOooooooh... It's all Wanda's fault.... Hmm, maybe we should have seen this coming... How bout that? Nah... This is all coming out of nowhere, herp derp!"

And then it happens... "No more mutants." Now, the very out-of-control person the X-Men put behind bars where she couldn't hurt anyone is now out from behind those bars because someone else took responsibility for her and look at that... The mutant race is reduced down to about a couple hundred in an instant because the Avengers refused to adress crazy lady properly. Surely now they feel bad enough to get involved with mutant affairs and help... What?!? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!? GIANT MANNED SENTINEL ROBOTS PLACED TO KEEP MUTANTS QUARRANTINED TO THE XAVIER SCHOOLGROUNDS FOR THEIR OWN PROTECTION?!? SENTINELS!!! If that's not the biggest slap in the face, I dunno what is!

Oh, by the way, humanity brought a rampaging Hulk down upon mutants at the school when they launched him into space. Xavier and Namor never signed off on that and yet they had to help clean up humanity's mess. Good job there.

Also... The little fallout nonsense from Civil War... Yeah it paved the way for Norman Osborn to take over. And Stormin' Norman brought his little Dark Reign to the X-Men's front doorstep. Cyclops acted like a boss and one-upped the bad guy humanity handed over the keys to America's safety to, once again having to help clean up after humans.

Yeah... I really can't say I blame Scott Summers all that much. In fact, I can't imagine Cable and Bishop not absolutely thinking the dude is a godsend considering their futures.

God damn win of a post.

F*&k The Avengers.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46  Edited By Timandm

@Colby_Cheese said:

Oh, you don't have to admit to spelling or grammar mistakes in an online forum... You can just say they're all typos!!! :-)

Cyclops Costume - Well, the last one looked like a big blue condome... So this is an improvement. One thing I'm curious about is, why does he still need the visor? Yes, I realize he was injured when he was younger and because of that injury, he's never been able to control his optic blast... Nonetheless, with all the healers that exist in the Marvel universe (such as Elixir who lived at the school and on Utopia) why hasn't Scott been healed. How about some of Angel's blood which has been shown to cure cancer, couldn't Scott have used that??? Scott, had the power of the Pheonix, couldn't he have healed his body? He shouldn't have needed the visor then...

I think Scott was given a raw deal. He hadn't actually broken ANY laws or caused harm to anyone or anything UNTIL AFTER the Marvel heroes attacked Utopia the SECOND time... Think about that... Until the SECOND ASSAULT ON UTOPIA Scott hadn't broken a single law, and had caused no damage to the earth whatsoever... So, he got a raw deal...

Now, while many people can criticize the way he handled things, they have to admit that he at least did step up to protect all mutants... So often in life the person who TRIED (when no one else did) is criticized...But Scott DID try and Scott WAS right in that the Phoenix did bring back Mutants. Who else would have brought them back?

Not to get all "Biblical" here but, an example came to mind.... You may have heard (or read) the story in The Bible about the apostles being in a boat on the Sea of Galilee when there was a huge storm. The boat was being tossed about by the waves and wind and what not... Suddenly, the apostles noticed Jesus walking calmly across the water... I suspect he may have just walked on to the other side if they hadn't called out to Him.. But they did and He came to them. and HERE we get to the point... Peter said, "Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you on the water." So, Jesus did just that. He told Peter to come to Him... Peter got OUT of the boat and actually walked on water... for a bit.. But then his faith wavered and he started to sink. He cried out to Jesus and Jesus kept him from sinking...

So, how does that relate to this whole 'Cyclops thing?" Well, SO OFTEN, when people speak of Peter walking on water, they like to focus on the fact that he started to sink... They focus on the fact that his faith wavered and he started to fail..... Do you see it??? They don't focus on one HUGE important point... AT LEAST HE GOT OUT OF THE BOAT!!! Of the twelve apostles, he was the ONLY ONE who had enough faith to even get out of the darned boat in the first place!!! He didn't fail! HE DID MORE THAN ALL THE OTHERS COMBINED...

So, even if you don't like what Cyclops did, you HAVE to admit that he AT LEAST TRIED AND DID HAVE SOME SUCCESS... Who else would have restored mutant-dom???

I didn't like how the A v X story was written... I thought it was rather stupid... Captain America invading another country without a declaration of war by congress? Really? REALLY? Captain America is a facist? But, hey, the powers that be decided that he is... AND then Tony 'Dr. Doom Lite' Stark splits the Phoenix and puts it into five mutants without their knowledge or consent, but he gets NONE of the blame for what happened... sigh... But, it has happened in the Marvel Universe and that is that...

All in All, Scott did the right thing and he's being given a raw deal...

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DarkxSeraph

@PrimeDirective said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@DarkxSeraph:

Okay, as for your "Avengers didn't help us" being an invalid arguement comment, if you're gonna use it, you gotta back it up... The X-Men started off protecting humanity when humanity had already expressed hate crimes and other forms of racism torwards mutants. These crimes continued while equally racist politcians and law enforcement looked the other way because the law of the land only applied to humans, not mutants. Humanity struck first. Magneto lost his firstborn child because humanity struck first. Magneto had already seen more injustice towards mutants than he could tolerate, and hence he created the Brotherhood to strike back. Now, here's Magneto responding to what any rational person caught in his position would do, and that's fight back. Did he maybe take it too far? Possibly. This is why the X-Men stepped in to defend humanity... Not the mutants... Humanity... Not just the Avengers... ALL of humanity.

Again, this is taking editorial decisions and placing them as in-character rationalizations. I appreciate the post and agree with a very great deal of what you said--however, the context is simple: The avengers were never around because the editors never did anything with it. If you truly and utterly believe that some of these characters, paragons in their own rights, would have never stepped in if the universe was TRULY UNIFIED and crossed over as much as a 'real world' would, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm an X-Man fan, through and through. The only Avengers books I even own are the New Avengers series that ran with Luke Cage at the helm. But, to be serious... this was all editorial stuff that did this to the X-Men. Using it as 100% in-character justification is pretty weak sauce on Marvel's part, imo.

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PrimeDirective

@DarkxSeraph:

I am using it the other way around though. Because of old school camp, the Brotherhood was named the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and villianized like they were the freaking Legion of Doom. While I see their actions as justified responses to humanity's violence, because the source material has them acting out of evil intentions, I'm went with it in my post. They were terrorist via portrayal, via their own words, via just about everything. Fine. So why help the mutant terrorists and not the non-terrorist mutant community.

Also, I'm pretty sure what you call "editorial decisions" are the literary manifestations of anti-muntant bigotry. You just refuse to see them as such and excuse them. Heck, when the Avengers and X-Men met up in Genosha, Cap was cold as ice to Cyclops and the X-Men and all but said "**** off and don't get in our way, we're just here for the girl!"

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@god_spawn said:

@lykopis said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

HEY!!!! -_-

Someone touched a nerve. Lol.

Oh she knows I'm kidding. x]

Oh does she now, fella?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.