Who will free Cyclops?

  • 64 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I say maybe Cable or Magneto. There are many mutants loyal to Cyclops inspite of AVX, and he won't be imprisoned long, everyone knows this.

#2 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable.

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

In the marvel now title Cable and X-Force are supposed to be fugitives, Cable makes sense.

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

He frees himself. Because he's baws like that.

#5 Posted by McKlayn (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking not Cable for the apparent reason that he has a team of his own and Cyclops wasn't mention. I hope its like Magento, or maybe Emma along with a group of other X men loyal to him and they take over Astonishing X men title or maybe X-men, but yea Cable could be a good choice and they just not showed Cyclops because they didn't want spoilers

There could be Hope too, she didn't seem too sold that Cyclops was the real villain here. I mean he was right all along,

HIm freeing himself would be cool, then he could go recruit his own people again, maybe all this will happen in The Consequences mini series they are releasing

#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: I'm hoping. Where was Xman during the AVX events?

#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@McKlayn: I'm hoping. Where was Xman during the AVX events?

He stepped out of 616 when he heard how dumb AVX was.

#9 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet it'll be the same person who freed Scarlet Witch from imprisonment... Oh Wait!

#10 Posted by Dernman (15250 posts) - - Show Bio

It wont be Cable. Cable will be searching for Hope and will be far to busy being on the run for committing a terrorist act. Seeing how he sorta has a team in the promos it might be one of them. Like Magneto. 

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Could a terrorist act from Cable actually mean setting Cyke free, Colossus is also part of Cable's X-Force.

#12 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto and Magik will free Cyclops. Maybe even Jean Grey?

#13 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydama said:

Magneto and Magik will free Cyclops. Maybe even Jean Grey?

yes i think jean grey...maybe she could slap some sence into him

#14 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable/Colossus/Emma/Magneto. That's pretty much the who's who that would actually commit to breaking him out.

#15 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping its Cable.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (20757 posts) - - Show Bio

Either the characters on the cover of All New X-Men or Cable and his X-Force team.

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable's X-Force.

#18 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio
Column HeadColumn HeadColumn HeadColumn Head

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@whydama said:

Magneto and Magik will free Cyclops. Maybe even Jean Grey?

yes i think jean grey...maybe she could slap some sence into him

Too bad Wanda and Hope killed any chance for Jean to return when they No more Phoenixed away the entity holding her. Mags or former P5 members will save him although Scott was ok with being the "villian" in all of this so Cap and the avengers could"win" as long as he was right and mutants were restored.

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aero_gt said:

Column HeadColumn HeadColumn HeadColumn Head

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@whydama said:

Magneto and Magik will free Cyclops. Maybe even Jean Grey?

yes i think jean grey...maybe she could slap some sence into him

Too bad Wanda and Hope killed any chance for Jean to return when they No more Phoenixed away the entity holding her. Mags or former P5 members will save him although Scott was ok with being the "villian" in all of this so Cap and the avengers could"win" as long as he was right and mutants were restored.

Hadn't thought of that. Without the PF Jean is truly dead now "or at least as dead as you can be by comic standards"

#20 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Aero_gt said:

Column HeadColumn HeadColumn HeadColumn Head

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@whydama said:

Magneto and Magik will free Cyclops. Maybe even Jean Grey?

yes i think jean grey...maybe she could slap some sence into him

Too bad Wanda and Hope killed any chance for Jean to return when they No more Phoenixed away the entity holding her. Mags or former P5 members will save him although Scott was ok with being the "villian" in all of this so Cap and the avengers could"win" as long as he was right and mutants were restored.

Hadn't thought of that. Without the PF Jean is truly dead now "or at least as dead as you can be by comic standards"

You still have Jean from the past coming up, she might live a long life.

#21 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aero_gt: I wonder if that the rest of the orginal X-Men are all going to die horrible deaths O.o

#22 Posted by time (5072 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it will be Cable, his team will be on the run away. I hope it's Cable

#23 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Probably just one or two. Jean would be too obvious and Bobby would be difficult. Scott most likely or like Angel. The four return to their time knowing what the alternate future timeline does and with Scott of someone's death the go back a changed team and we get a few books on that timeline. Or... this could be leading to and all new event.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (38111 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Cable is still set to appear but my preferred method of breaking Cyclops out of jail would be Colossus using Beast's face.

Moderator
#25 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@grenade728 said:

I bet it'll be the same person who freed Scarlet Witch from imprisonment... Oh Wait!

I love you! lol

I'm thinking Magneto and Emma will break him out, although Cable or Hope doing it would be pretty awesome!

Still not sure why Magneto is a fugitive though .. didn't he help the Avengers?

#26 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aero_gt said:

@Blood1991: Probably just one or two. Jean would be too obvious and Bobby would be difficult. Scott most likely or like Angel. The four return to their time knowing what the alternate future timeline does and with Scott of someone's death the go back a changed team and we get a few books on that timeline. Or... this could be leading to and all new event.

*shrugs* We will see I suppose.

#27 Posted by XsPectre28 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

didnt a teaser show Cyclops being lobotimized by the red skull..... who says that a mutant has to free him..... what if a mutant takes his place in jail( Mystique) & Scott forms his own team

#28 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto aint doin sh*t for cyke. let him rot in prison.

#29 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@XsPectre28 said:

didnt a teaser show Cyclops being lobotimized by the red skull..... who says that a mutant has to free him..... what if a mutant takes his place in jail( Mystique) & Scott forms his own team

That was Avalanche not Cyclops, it's been confirmed.

#30 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Weapon X

#31 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Im thinking Cable and X-Force because what other reason right now really makes sense for them to be fugitives. Although it would be pretty cool if Magneto broke Cyclops out. However the question is if Cyclops would actually flee once someone tried to break him out or would he just stay to in jail.

#32 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Well, Cable is still set to appear but my preferred method of breaking Cyclops out of jail would be Colossus using Beast's face.

Of course! Beast can rip all folks all he likes, but he's the biggest doucher/hyprocrite of all time. What better way to free him than with that dudes skull.

#33 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aero_gt: This was probably the dumbest part of AvX. I'm still very confused as to why 'wishing' away the embodiment of destruction and creation doesn't make the universe explode. But I guess...it doesn't?

#34 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@god_spawn said:

Well, Cable is still set to appear but my preferred method of breaking Cyclops out of jail would be Colossus using Beast's face.

Of course! Beast can rip all folks all he likes, but he's the biggest doucher/hyprocrite of all time. What better way to free him than with that dudes skull.

How would he go about using, though? Would he ram Beast face against the bars? Use it to scare the various officers about?

#35 Posted by God_Spawn (38111 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye said:

@Rickbarry said:

@god_spawn said:

Well, Cable is still set to appear but my preferred method of breaking Cyclops out of jail would be Colossus using Beast's face.

Of course! Beast can rip all folks all he likes, but he's the biggest doucher/hyprocrite of all time. What better way to free him than with that dudes skull.

How would he go about using, though? Would he ram Beast face against the bars? Use it to scare the various officers about?

Grab him by his feet and use him as a fuzzy blue bat.

Moderator
#36 Posted by TDK_1997 (14988 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Cable has a lot of sense and if he is going to be a fugitive,then he should be the one.

#37 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

We already know that Cable would have pretty much no qualms about killing/opposing the Avengers. It's safe to assume he will be the one to break Scott out; considering he promised him that he would be there when everything went down...and he wasn't.

#38 Posted by LoganX360 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

.. i say real marvel writers will save cyc not this ' DC comics imported skrull marketing sabotage for sales crap . , if anything prolly wolverine will save cyclops .., only reasonable explanation as to why he sided with Avengers in AVX " nah it had nothing to do with boost team morality sales ...righttt " logan would slip cyc a pair of data keys inside a dangerroom designed birthday cake.

#39 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganX360 said:

.. i say real marvel writers will save cyc not this ' DC comics imported skrull marketing sabotage for sales crap . , if anything prolly wolverine will save cyclops .., only reasonable explanation as to why he sided with Avengers in AVX " nah it had nothing to do with boost team morality sales ...righttt " logan would slip cyc a pair of data keys inside a dangerroom designed birthday cake.

That would be a twist.

#40 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

Dare devil he makes a speak saying it would be better to have scott free to clean up his mess then to have him be a martyr for mutant kind since there would be little chance if brought to trial.

Just a feeling.

#41 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Obama

#42 Posted by Flopsop200 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@aaunderoath: I think Magneto is disappointed in himself for ever siding with the avengers instead of the "mutants". Especially considering Scott was right and Charles (His best frenemy) died as a byproduct of this war.

#43 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

I will.

#44 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

I will.

lol no i will

#45 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Ok, I will. lol

#46 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey: Go for it!

#47 Posted by antiwhipped (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto won't because Cyclops made Magneto look like a chump.

He saved mutantkind AND he killed Professor X. And Magneto did what?

#48 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto, Emma and Magik will be the ones to free him, hands down.

#49 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2 said:

@LoganX360 said:

.. i say real marvel writers will save cyc not this ' DC comics imported skrull marketing sabotage for sales crap . , if anything prolly wolverine will save cyclops .., only reasonable explanation as to why he sided with Avengers in AVX " nah it had nothing to do with boost team morality sales ...righttt " logan would slip cyc a pair of data keys inside a dangerroom designed birthday cake.

That would be a twist.

They just might do that because goddess forbid Cyclops becomes more popular than Wolverine. (This is from a Wolverine fan)

#50 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling Cable will be the one who frees Cyclps and that is what makes him an outlaw.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.