Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11226 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Who thinks Cyclops should be in X-men Days Of Future Past

cameronstear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cameronstear

Who thinks Cyclops should be in X-men Days Of Future Past and played by James Marsden

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VesKaGan

Marsden? I don't care who would play Scott as long as he's in the movie...

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By xmentas

Why? So he can be shown for 2 scenes and maybe killed off again? I think JM makes a great Cyclops. And with a better attitude than the whiner he was in X3, it could work. But if that movie is just about Wolverine then....just no.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar

He wasn't in the original DOFP.

So no.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death Certificate

Why would you want the worst version of cyclops, to show up again?

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By One_Eye

@TheCrowbar said:

So no.

@Death Certificate: Well, given the track record of the previous films; I think that it's safe to say that any accuracy to the source material was thrown out the window a long time ago. With that said, one thing I can give credit to, and try to hear me out....was Wolverine Origins portrayal of the Cyclops. I can tell that Hugh Jackman was trying to make up for the shoddy treatment that Scott Summers character had received. Cyclops got to show his powers off in a cool manner and was also shown to lead. With that said I'd have no problem so long as they treat the character in a good manner.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slimlim

Only bring Cyclops back if they're going to do him justice. What's done is done. But if he's gonna be "coming back from the dead", I'm sure they can find a reason for his character to change. If anything, with all thats been going on in the comics, now is the perfect time to experiment with the character.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Cavemold

eh..

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By One_Eye

@slimlim said:

Only bring Cyclops back if they're going to do him justice. What's done is done. But if he's gonna be "coming back from the dead", I'm sure they can find a reason for his character to change. If anything, with all thats been going on in the comics, now is the perfect time to experiment with the character.

Indeed. Strike while the iron is hot! X3 was supposed to be Cylcops-focused story actually but we all

know what happened there...

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By havoc1201

i read somewhere that they are going to act like X3 never happened which would be great because Ratner should be punished for what he did to the X-Men franchise and Cyclops.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By xmentas

@havoc1201 said:

i read somewhere that they are going to act like X3 never happened which would be great because Ratner should be punished for what he did to the X-Men franchise and Cyclops.

TO THE GALLOWS!

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

As long as he's a villain (ala AoA) and gets to kill Wolverine then I say go ahead with it!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Blood1991

I fear what else they could do to him. After making him seem incapable of leading his team against Toad "freaking Toad", making him a brain washed villain in the second, and getting killed in the first fifteen minutes of the third. I don't think I could handle seeing the horrors he may face again and that goes for alot of movie X-Men including Storm, Rogue, and Beast.

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By antemiusenteri

@One_Eye said:

@TheCrowbar said:

So no.

@Death Certificate: Well, given the track record of the previous films; I think that it's safe to say that any accuracy to the source material was thrown out the window a long time ago. With that said, one thing I can give credit to, and try to hear me out....was Wolverine Origins portrayal of the Cyclops. I can tell that Hugh Jackman was trying to make up for the shoddy treatment that Scott Summers character had received. Cyclops got to show his powers off in a cool manner and was also shown to lead. With that said I'd have no problem so long as they treat the character in a good manner.

Leading people through a tunnel while blind isn't really leading....

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veskagan said:

Yeah pretty much. But I do agree with what most everyone is saying, "Dont bother bringing him back if youre just going to treat him like s*** again."

And they have to erase a lot of X3 in a satisfying way (preferable erase a lot of Wolverine Origins too). Cyclops should be the leader and one of the best field operatives.

I also wonder how they will handle Alex Summers dysfunctional timeline, after the admittedly fantastic First Class.

But I want Cyclops to come back in a big way, and get setup to be the lead in an upcoming Xmen film.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I want Cyclops to come back in a big way, and get setup to be the lead in an upcoming Xmen film.

NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

As much as i like Cyclops... there's no way FOX would go for that.

The only way is see it happening is if/when the franchise goes back to Marvel and gets a reboot. And even THEN, the best you can hope for is a shared spotlight. Like how Prof X and Magneto were in First Class.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim: I know your right, but I dont really mean: Xmen Origins Cyclops. I mean an Xmen movie that follows a Cyclops driven arc. Just as an example, the Phoenix movie really should have had Jean and Cyke as the two main characters. A Mr. Sinister movie would put Cyclops near the forefront. As would a Vulcan or Schism movie. Thats what I mean. So yeah, kind of like how Magneto got the most attention by a sliver in Fist Class.

Honestly, i feel like the arc of Cyclop's life, with all of its tragedy, is the most interesting one in Xmen, but thats just me.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They killed him in the movies. Jean killed him, but him out of his angsty, stubble cheeked misery. He can't come back. It's impossible. Impossible.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

They killed him in the movies. Jean killed him, but him out of his angsty, stubble cheeked misery. He can't come back. It's impossible. Impossible.

"Can't come back"? You do realize we're talking about the X-Men right? :p

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:

@lykopis said:

And tiiiiimmmmmeeeee travel!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:

@lykopis said:

And tiiiiimmmmmeeeee travel!

**shakes fist at Bendis**

..stupid, freaking time travel. --_--

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veskagan said:

Yeah pretty much. But I do agree with what most everyone is saying, "Dont bother bringing him back if youre just going to treat him like s*** again."

And they have to erase a lot of X3 in a satisfying way (preferable erase a lot of Wolverine Origins too). Cyclops should be the leader and one of the best field operatives.

I also wonder how they will handle Alex Summers dysfunctional timeline, after the admittedly fantastic First Class.

This.

titebutthole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops has always been the core of Xmen so, yes. I think a different actor would be nice though. Actually, a reboot of the Xmen movies would be nice.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

No Caption Provided

hhahahhahah u can't be serious. This is X-men we tombout.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By fodigg

I'd support it if we got to see the "Ruby Summers" version.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

There is one reason to watch an X-Men movie, and that's Cyclops.

He's not in DoFP which means straight away that it will be mediocre, just like First Class.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By tparks  Online

How about a reboot instead? Other then Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, and Michael Fassbender none of the X-Men have been very memorable. I actually like James Marsden as the actor for Cyclops, I would just like to see him written better. Wolverine's portrayal was not quite what I'd want it to be, but at least Hugh Jackman is a great character actor and a played a great Wolverine inspired character. I think Patrick Stewart was definitely the best choice to play Prof X. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender also did a good adaptation of their characters, even though I didn't like the writing for that movie. Ian McKellen is a great actor, but I thought he was way too old looking to be Magneto. He just didn't look threatening enough.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By phisigmatau

@fadetoblackbolt said:

He's not in DoFP which means straight away that it will be mediocre, just like First Class.

Cyclops wasn't in any of the films. We got a watered down version. I think it was really gazerbeam in all the films.

First Class was awesome and Cyclops WAS in first class.

(cerebro scene)

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@phisigmatau: Agreed on Cyke being watered down.

First Class was very average. Magneto was good (too good, another case of "jerkify the heroes and canonise the villains")

The film was incredibly racist and hypocritical. Let's have a movie about love and acceptance!

So all non-American characters will be made into Americans. All non-white characters will be evil, or die straight away. (The unkillable black guy dies first. For the love of Heaven. His power is to not die. And he dies). If you start out good, but you're of a minority, you'd better believe you're going to be evil soon.

Oh Banshee, you're British? To Hell with that. You're American now. Emma, you speak with a British accent? No way. AMERICA.

Moira's Scottish? Nope, AMERICAN. Xavier was the only hero alive that was non- white-American, and even then, he was shown to be an out-of-touch, privileged douchebag more often than not.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RustyRoy

Cyclops has always been the core of Xmen so, yes. I think a different actor would be nice though. Actually, a reboot of the Xmen movies would be nice.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: Agreed on Cyke being watered down.

First Class was very average. Magneto was good (too good, another case of "jerkify the heroes and canonise the villains")

The film was incredibly racist and hypocritical. Let's have a movie about love and acceptance!

So all non-American characters will be made into Americans. All non-white characters will be evil, or die straight away. (The unkillable black guy dies first. For the love of Heaven. His power is to not die. And he dies). If you start out good, but you're of a minority, you'd better believe you're going to be evil soon.

Oh Banshee, you're British? To Hell with that. You're American now. Emma, you speak with a British accent? No way. AMERICA.

Moira's Scottish? Nope, AMERICAN. Xavier was the only hero alive that was non- white-American, and even then, he was shown to be an out-of-touch, privileged douchebag more often than not.

ahahhahhahahah so you rate how good a movie is by it's connection to the comics?

So this wasn't based on screenplay, story, character development etc oh ok. Got it.
    It's only good if it reminds you of your childhood heroes

roflz @ it being a racist movie, man you guys crack me up

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By w0nd

@phisigmatau said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Cyclops wasn't in any of the films. We got a watered down version. I think it was really gazerbeam in all the films.

First Class was awesome and Cyclops WAS in first class.

(cerebro scene)

So who gave him his ruby glasses in those movies. the professor certainly didn't in origins or first class lol...... unless the color red simply stops his optic blasts in those movies ...smh

and gazerbeam LOL! I was depressed didn't get to see him in incridible

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

No Caption Provided

hhahahhahah u can't be serious. This is X-men we tombout.

No way, dude! Like -- he's dead!

titebutthole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:

I totally agree. I think they are just throwing random characters out to see what will make money.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.