Who is a better significant other for Scott?

#1 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by sora_thekey (8158 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean!!!

but now that she has become somewhat important she might be too great for Scott!

#3 Posted by chrismatj (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean bc she has never betrayed scott like emma is currently doing in the dark reign.

#4 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

mystique

#5 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean.
I can't trust Emma.

#6 Posted by deathswitch (475 posts) - - Show Bio

he should just lay off the telepaths 

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I just feel like Jean and Scott were that couple that dated through high school and tried to make it work afterwards and of course it failed miserably. Emma may not be the most law abiding of women but at least theirs is an adult relationship.

#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I say leave Scott out of it, and have Jean and Emma be a couple.

#9 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV said:
" Jean.I can't trust Emma. "
he can!
#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: Careful, saying something like that might make the internet crack in half.
#11 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" @Korg: Careful, saying something like that might make the internet crack in half. "
I'm not worried about it.
#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

How about 'None of the Above'?  Have him single for a while, then develop a relationship with someone who isn't a telepath for a change (Lee Forrester doesn't count, since he forgot she even existed ;)

#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

and she's someone he has in common with Magneto.

#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

He forgot all about her too... Poor Lee.  It's amazing she hasn't turned into another Leper Queen, on a rampage against mutants for using her & always dumping her.  Well, not really dumped, since they never bothered to get in touch ever again :p

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

She's everybody's rebound girl. She will be Sunspot's next conquest.

#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL! I think Sunspot's last conquest was Boom Boom ;)  For a 'ladies man' he doesn't get around a lot!

But I would like to see Cyclops without a significant other for a while.  He's pretty much bounced from one relationship to another so he's been with Jean/Emma since the late 80's. He's still young, yet he's had two kids, been married twice, twice been a widower, and had a thing for red-heads & telepaths.  He needs some time to be young, free & singe ;)
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. Jean Grey is just annoying now. Emma is a cool relationship, but I don't see it lasting.

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither.Throw in some Psylocke...

#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" LOL! I think Sunspot's last conquest was Boom Boom ;)  For a 'ladies man' he doesn't get around a lot!

But I would like to see Cyclops without a significant other for a while.  He's pretty much bounced from one relationship to another so he's been with Jean/Emma since the late 80's. He's still young, yet he's had two kids, been married twice, twice been a widower, and had a thing for red-heads & telepaths.  He needs some time to be young, free & singe ;)
"
And honestly, that fling was way better than the relationship she had with Cannonball.

He's married to his work, me thinks.

@Vance Astro said:
" Neither.Throw in some Psylocke... "
she forced herself on him, but he wasn't having it.
#20 Posted by SUNMAN (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

Dazzler, psychics always ruin the relationship eventually 

#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Dazzler have a thing for Cyclops back during the Dark Phoenix saga?  Or was that just in the animated series?

#22 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

"
I agree let him be single for awhile.
#23 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

the inside of a coffin six feet under would be my choice for him

#24 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" Didn't Dazzler have a thing for Cyclops back during the Dark Phoenix saga?  Or was that just in the animated series? "
Dazzler has had a thing for every character... she's always hovered over desperate.
#25 Posted by lioneta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought boom boom was a new character?
Oh these comics, so much to keep with up what's a lady to do u_u'

#26 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
"I just feel like Jean and Scott were that couple that dated through high school and tried to make it work afterwards and of course it failed miserably. Emma may not be the most law abiding of women but at least theirs is an adult relationship."

couldnt agree more
#27 Posted by sifsclub (474 posts) - - Show Bio
@deathswitch:
maybe it's a fetish(if that's spelled right)
#28 Posted by robbiesol (474 posts) - - Show Bio

He's had a good relationship with both, but I think Emma is better for him, even though he and Jean have more history.  Cyclops is the Tom Welling of Marvel.  Lana (Jean) or Lois (Emma)!! 

If things don't work out with Emma he should roll with Dagger or Psylocke for a bit.
#29 Posted by Indianmagik (22 posts) - - Show Bio

hell put him with scarlet witch whenever she returns
#30 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Emma is a slut who cares if when Jean has a bad day it means the end of a galaxy at least she is not nailing Namor
#31 Posted by The Phoenix Child (561 posts) - - Show Bio

None of the two ladies...
Cyclops should die as a bitter old man who can't hold own his women.

He left his wife, Madelyn...
Had a psychic affair with Emma while married to Jean because he can't cope of Jean overpowering him.
He is now being a  jerk with Emma because he is not man enough to handle the situation now bigger than him.

#32 Posted by Vortex13 (12249 posts) - - Show Bio

Fin Fang Foom. That would be very entertaining.

#33 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"Jean Emma is a slut who cares if when Jean has a bad day it means the end of a galaxy at least she is not nailing Namor "

love the comment.  

I agree Jean 110%
#34 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how some people always lay all the blame on Scott for the relationship problems...

#35 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jean is good but Emma brings out the best in Cyke. They bounce off of each other like a real couple where Scott/Jean have more of the high school relationship going. 

#36 Posted by Bubbly Bunny (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma just cuz they deserve each other i mean they are both so well mean and Jean could do so much better. Besides Scott is an idiot he had a telepathic affair while married to one of the most powerful telepath's in the history of the universe. Oh and the best part when Jean figured out he was shocked. What. The. Fuck. 

#37 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" I love how some people always lay all the blame on Scott for the relationship problems... "
agreed.
#38 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
neither. i think he be better off batting for the other team him and angel would be a perfect couple....
#39 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

his right hand

#40 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio

EMma... 

cuz they changed each other... IMO

Emma made Cy more BAd @$$(or actually bad @$$ since fanboys hated him cuz he was a "goodie too shoes") 
and Cy made Emma... Nice... not soo evil... IMO

#41 Posted by The Huntsman (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Scott could do better than both of them.
#42 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I say neither, hes banged both of them already why kick them around?  I think he should go solo for a while and then play the field lol. I think it would be interesting if he had a "new" love interest to screw things up for him
down the road.  New hot chick, neglect friends, ya know same old when you get a new girlfriend lol.  He would end up putting other character's lives in danger without knowing and not on purpose just for her.  
I'd like to see it happen. 

#43 Posted by nikbackm (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Huntsman: @Lustwish: 
I think you might be better off reading Daredevil instead. He switches SO:s quite often.

Other options would perhaps be Iron Man and Wolverine. I doubt you'll get what you want anytime soon with Cyclops though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.