Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

who do you think should?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

who do you think should kick Cyclops butt? 

I know Cyclops had a lot of fans, just like Emma does and Wolverine. Despite that,  I think someone needs to put Cyclops in his place. Cyclops has gotten to rude over the last couples of years, he needs to come of his high Horse. Who do you  think should do that? if you exlclude Wolverine 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't think he's really on a high horse, Cyclops has been doing what he must as leader of the X-men to ensure his race survives.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cosmo111687

If he becomes a Magneto-like arch-nemesis, like so many people are predicting, I'd like to see Jean Grey return and bring him down from his high horse. Nobody else is better equipped to stop Cyclops from going off the deep-end than Jean Grey (presuming that she would be in full control of her Phoenix powers). And, who knows, maybe her return would be a lot of things right, once and for all. Phoenix's presence might restore, and even improve, everybody's powers. Mend broken alliances and broken hearts. And establish a period of relative peace for Mutant-kind. We've seen Phoenix as a force for destruction time and again. Now, it would be nice to finally see Phoenix as a source of renewal.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

No Caption Provided
    I should probably elaborate on why you're totally wrong, rather than just implying it. 
    1. Cyclops is not on a "high horse"
    2. He saved an entire species
    3. He's suffered more emotional turmoil than any other X-Man and hasn't broken yet
    4. He's the only reason the Mutant Race aren't extinct, or trying to kill themselves
    5. Too rude? He's the Messiah of a race, and he's kept them from Civil War, (which is soon going to be incited by someone within his ranks, and poor writing) extinction and decimation, but he's "too rude"? Refer to above image for appropriate reaction to this.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

I think Iceman should put him on his ass to remind him who the most powerful original Xman (aside from Jean) is 

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @joshmightbe said:
    I think Iceman should put him on his ass to remind him who the most powerful original Xman (aside from Jean) is 
    How is that useful to anyone? O_o
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe
    @FadeToBlackBolt: It's not I'd just like to see it
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @joshmightbe: Right, just struck me as odd is all. Cyclops vs Bobby isn't a fair fight at all, and Scott's never claimed to be more powerful than Bobby.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I know Cyclops has never made that claim but Bobby hasn't gotten enough attention lately despite being probably the most powerful Xman currently living (I don't know if Nate Grey counts as an Xman despite it being his name)
    treysome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By treysome

Cyclops loses an eye and wolverine loses a claw in Schism that way they can step back for a bit and let others have stories.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

No Caption Provided
    I should probably elaborate on why you're totally wrong, rather than just implying it.  1. Cyclops is not on a "high horse" 2. He saved an entire species 3. He's suffered more emotional turmoil than any other X-Man and hasn't broken yet 4. He's the only reason the Mutant Race aren't extinct, or trying to kill themselves 5. Too rude? He's the Messiah of a race, and he's kept them from Civil War, (which is soon going to be incited by someone within his ranks, and poor writing) extinction and decimation, but he's "too rude"? Refer to above image for appropriate reaction to this.
    lol
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @joshmightbe: I'd say that you'd have to count him, as Nate is constantly being written out of the Universe for various reasons, since he's too powerful (and thus required to job, see: Dark X-Men), so it's easier to just not have him around. 
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe
    @FadeToBlackBolt: in that case Bobby is definitely in the top 3 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator

I would like Cyclops to kick his butt. Character for the last past 5 years has been a slave to and under editorial and writer objective which has royally screwed the rest of the franchise. Too much inconsistency and too much narrative fanwank. So either get old good tactical leader Cyclops or flawed about to break but holding on K&Y Cyclops, or might be wrong and might be doing more harm than good but interesting PAD Cyclops and have him kick holier than thou ultimate Gary Sue I just saved everyone lulz Cyclops. 

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#15  Edited By AssertingValor

Avalanche should, they were rivals in the series X-Men Evolution........
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @joshmightbe: Yeah, he's easily top 3. He's always underpowered though, bloody annoying.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I don't know if its canon but in the first class book Thor said Bobby had potential to be just as dangerous as Ymir 
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @joshmightbe: I can't tell you if that's canon, but Bobby is basically the ice god of Earth, so it would be logical that he'd be as powerful (perhaps even moreso) as Ymir.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    I should probably elaborate on why you're totally wrong, rather than just implying it.  1. Cyclops is not on a "high horse" 2. He saved an entire species 3. He's suffered more emotional turmoil than any other X-Man and hasn't broken yet 4. He's the only reason the Mutant Race aren't extinct, or trying to kill themselves 5. Too rude? He's the Messiah of a race, and he's kept them from Civil War, (which is soon going to be incited by someone within his ranks, and poor writing) extinction and decimation, but he's "too rude"?
    /signed
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Mercy_

@ebuchanan said:

Avalanche should, they were rivals in the series X-Men Evolution........

Which isn't actually canon. Avalanche is probably a C-list villain in the X-books at best and hasn't actually had an appearance in one in two years and even then, it was just a bar scene during Utopia, IIRC.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Kallarkz
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    I should probably elaborate on why you're totally wrong, rather than just implying it.  1. Cyclops is not on a "high horse" 2. He saved an entire species 3. He's suffered more emotional turmoil than any other X-Man and hasn't broken yet 4. He's the only reason the Mutant Race aren't extinct, or trying to kill themselves 5. Too rude? He's the Messiah of a race, and he's kept them from Civil War, (which is soon going to be incited by someone within his ranks, and poor writing) extinction and decimation, but he's "too rude"? Refer to above image for appropriate reaction to this.
    qft. 
    Hes done a lot and I think people simply take all that his character has done for granted. Saving the mutant race has not been a trip to Disneyland...Cyclops deserves more credit.
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#22  Edited By AssertingValor

It is only an idea, it takes one writer to make him a better villan.......

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By One_Eye

Well...at least this didn't turn into another "I Hate Cyclops" Thread....Those have REALLY gotten so old that it isn't funny. I just hope that at the end of Schism that the Cykes is treated with some form of dignity at the of this event. Marvel wants to make yet another X-book and split the team into two teams once again, fine. I just hope that there isn't anymore legging-humping of Wolverine and the sort. I'm actually ready for the event to come and past so that a more original event could possibly ensue.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @One_Eye said:
    Well...at least this didn't turn into another "I Hate Cyclops" Thread....Those have REALLY gotten so old that it isn't funny. I just hope that at the end of Schism that the Cykes is treated with some form of dignity at the of this event. Marvel wants to make yet another X-book and split the team into two teams once again, fine. I just hope that there isn't anymore legging-humping of Wolverine and the sort. I'm actually ready for the event to come and past so that a more original event could possibly ensue.
    Ugh, I know. And they're all made by people who have no understanding of the character at all.
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@joshmightbe: I can't tell you if that's canon, but Bobby is basically the ice god of Earth, so it would be logical that he'd be as powerful (perhaps even moreso) as Ymir.

I don't think he could ever be stated to have the potential to match Ymir. Bobby will surely become extremely powerful, but he is not a god, virtual immortality notwithstanding.
    One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By One_Eye
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Yeah....We'll just have to see what happens. Though, I can't help but be curious and see what's going to happen. I actually wouldn't mind Cykes forming a way of life for mutants that's an amalgam of both Mags and Profs. ideals. I mean one that's "happy-medium" if you will. I think Cykes knows that Utopia has run it's course and perhaps may actually takes Steve Rogers suggestion of bringing the mutants back into the fold of other superhero teams. I saw it's about dang time.:)
    Although, the fact that sentinels are involved yet again has me a bit apprehensive...((I mean they finished fighting Bastion during Nation X so I'm pretty much done with those things for a while))
    However, I remain on the fence about the storyline but here's hoping.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By Kallarkz
    @One_Eye said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt:  I actually wouldn't mind Cykes forming a way of life for mutants that's an amalgam of both Mags and Profs.
    If a writer would able to pull this off with a good balance I would love it.
    One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By One_Eye
    @Kallarkz:  As would I. It'd definitely quiet down a lo of people the way that I see it. I don't want Scott to go back to his 90's persona of where he wasn't doing anything. Heck, why people like him being Jean Professor X's lapdog is beyond me. But just for the character's sake I want him to come out of this event with his character still intact. I really don't want to read a repeat of Scott jobbing out to another character. The way I see it is that Cyclops has more to lose than Wolverine. Logan could be a complete jerk in this storyline and he's STILL going to have tons of fans.
    treysome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By treysome
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

@One_Eye said:

Well...at least this didn't turn into another "I Hate Cyclops" Thread....Those have REALLY gotten so old that it isn't funny.

Ugh, I know. And they're all made by people who have no understanding of the character at all.
    It's always expected when you are a charatcer out in front and calling the shots but you should just enjoy that Cyclops is in the comics and doing important things.  Don't let a few people ruin your day.  As one of the last Jean fans who haven't been run off this site I know, people seem to come for me.
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30  Edited By lorex

I don't think Cyclops needs to get his but kicked because that just sounds like another go round of x-men fighting each other again. Also I don't think he needs to come down off his high horse. I do think Cyclops views have shifted epically in the last few years,
    and he has slowly sliding away from the Xavier way of doing things(peaceful co-existence, education and tolerance) to the Magneto approach (proactive actions in he name of security, aggression, exclusion). This may be due to the burden of leadership he 
    has but his experiences during that time have been mostly negative. Personally I think the X-Men and mutants in general need to main a balance between and Xavier and Magneto philosophies to be successful and I think Cyclops needs some kind of reminder
    of his past and all he has been through to maintain that balance. 

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By One_Eye
    @treysome: Very true. At least at the end of the story-line it appears that Cyclops will be leading a team of his own. As for Jean I can see how the fans have been having rough over the last few years.
    One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By One_Eye
    @lorex said:
    I don't think Cyclops needs to get his but kicked because that just sounds like another go round of x-men fighting each other again. Also I don't think he needs to come down off his high horse. I do think Cyclops views have shifted epically in the last few years, and he has slowly sliding away from the Xavier way of doing things(peaceful co-existence, education and tolerance) to the Magneto approach (proactive actions in he name of security, aggression, exclusion). This may be due to the burden of leadership he  has but his experiences during that time have been mostly negative. Personally I think the X-Men and mutants in general need to main a balance between and Xavier and Magneto philosophies to be successful and I think Cyclops needs some kind of reminder of his past and all he has been through to maintain that balance. 
    I agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.