When was the last time Cyclops has smiled...

#1 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

No seriously,

I have only ever seen one photo of Cyclops smiling, and that was a photo of Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Jean Grey, Iceman and Professor X in the first iteration of the X-Men.

Has Cyclops ever smiled?

#2 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu: I believe this is a smile, if Summers if ever had one. Would be easier to tell if we could see his eyes.....

#3 Posted by Daycrawler (552 posts) - - Show Bio

He probably smiled the last time Greg Land drew him. Land always seems to have people break out into cheesy grins regardless of who they are.

#4 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

He probably smiled the last time Greg Land drew him. Land always seems to have people break out into cheesy grins regardless of who they are.

Land is obsessed with smiles in general, smiles everywhere for everyone.

Cyclops smiles on occasion, even when Land isn't drawing him.

#5 Edited by Ms. Omega (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

He smiled right before the plane crash when he was a boy.

#6 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably when he abandoned his loving wife and child to run off with some chick he later also abandoned for some other chick.

#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

He smiles when he's about to own you, save his team and prove why he's the man.  

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17973 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Alright, Scott's a boss after that one.

#9 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

He smiles at really random occassions.

I mean, you would think he smiled after he found out Jean Grey was alive, but instead he cried like a little b1tch.

#10 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Most of his smiling is off-panel and with the bedroom door closed

#11 Edited by God_Spawn (38339 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Men 8. Soooo just to further on AA's statement really and it was just a month ago.

Moderator Online
#12 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7560 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say recently I have not seen him smile

#13 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

I think when he smiles, a kitten dies. Or in his case, a mutant dies somewhere in the world.

Too soon?

#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh the Fan wars are starting again aren't they? Well this should be entertaining and slightly depressing.

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll have time to smile when mutants aren't on the verge of extinction, until then there's nothing to smile about

#16 Posted by Kurolegacy (32 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't smile, he's had that look on his face for so long it's stuck that way. Anything resembling a smile for him is an involuntary muscle spasm.

#17 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

He smiled on issue 4 on the newest uncanny x-men run. Storm made a trollface to cyclops and he smiled in return.

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Probably when he abandoned his loving wife and child to run off with some chick he later also abandoned for some other chick.

Good one.

#19 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

This morning, when he looked down while taking a leak.

#20 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

He smiles at really random occassions.

I mean, you would think he smiled after he found out Jean Grey was alive, but instead he cried like a little b1tch.

I'd cry too if I found out Jean was a alive...What a flat and uninteresting character after-all.

#21 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

Nah, there was no smiling for him. Given the hack of a writer at the helm during that story arc and the inclusion of clones, I certainly wasn't smiling...T_T

#22 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

when he rams psychic chick after psychic chick after psychic chick and then goes to save the mutant population.

#23 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio
Pretty sure he is smiling here.
Smirk
#24 Posted by God_Spawn (38339 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andy Steven Summers:

That was awhile ago, Andy. Clearly the thread was asking when was the last time he smiled, not if he smiled. Literal answer...Uncanny X-men 8.

Moderator Online
#25 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: He has Emma at his side. I would be smiling every day.

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (38339 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Spider-man.: In UXM 8, he had the Savage at his side talking about how Scott loved Em while laughing at Emma who was getting her arm reattached and yelling at the machine to hurry up and how patience doesn't help her temper. Brief, but a cute moment nonetheless.

Moderator Online
#27 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

He smiles....occasionally. He's been more business in recent years.

#28 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Spider-man. said:

@god_spawn: He has Emma at his side. I would be smiling every day.

#29 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13675 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclop's smile.......oh won't ya smil a while for me Cyclops......

#30 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: lol, Boondocks?

#31 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13675 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: lol, I forgot about that!!! Thank the lord no one asked Cyke to let it burn......

#32 Edited by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Since greg land happened

#33 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4178 posts) - - Show Bio

the last time when scott smiled was at his wifes funeral when he was making out with emma frost

#34 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

the last time when scott smiled was at his wifes funeral when he was making out with emma frost

Classy isn't his forte.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.